FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

i think it balances out, because on offensive cornerkicks, i always get the header. especially near-post ones. of course it doesn't guarantee a goal though.

so with that said, on cornerkicks, it seems the game gives the advantage to the attacking team to get the initial header. so in reality, it's not balanced :LOL:

this is from offline observation, btw. ;)

Another thing I don't like is, for me, on offensive corner kicks I can never tell where my players are because of the camera angle.

curious- do most of you use automatic shooting or semi auto? ive been using semi and its worked quite well for me, but interested to see what everyone's usin :)

curious- do most of you use automatic shooting or semi auto? ive been using semi and its worked quite well for me, but interested to see what everyone's usin :)

Manual, of course. I can't understand when people ask for more freedom and yet choose not to have complete freedom when you play the game? Sure, it might take a few days to learn but it is worth it..

Defensive headers are impossible if you hold either pass, through pass or clearance. Holding shoot to header it away ensures you get your head to the ball first - I havent had a headed goal scored on me in over 2 seasons of manager mode play - and if I remember correctly, even then it was only a rebound off the bar!
I can't believe it, but I will give it a go... When do you hit shoot, I've played 11 seasons and it's still my major problem! :SS

what's the best way of picking up lots of points, to unlock those extra kits etc... ?
As Coopz said though I swap all the other teams for very poor teams from other leagues, this means you don't have to change or check your team just sim sim sim and win. If you just want the points for kits n stuff, it's the quickest way. ;))

As Coopz said though I swap all the other teams for very poor teams from other leagues, this means you don't have to change or check your team just sim sim sim and win. If you just want the points for kits n stuff, it's the quickest way. ;))

Cool, so say if you pick the Premier League and pick Chelsea, yo just go in and remove all the top players from Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool etc ?

Or do you actually swap the whole teams so say remove Arsenal for Notts County, Man Utd for Wycombe etc etc ??

Yeah, remove the teams. I did a La Liga with Barcelona and replaced the rest of the real La Liga teams with teams from English League 2! :lmao: Simmed the whole season, Barca won it easy, winning games 8-0 and 7-1 :LOL:. Though we did have 3 losses at the end of the season so sometimes you do get freak results! But that's the best way to do it yes.

yea, i think that semi-auto gives you just enough freedom while also giving a bit of leeway as well

I would just like to post the last 10 matches I've had, they are my last 10 ranked matches on FIFA, just to show the variety of teams that I use! :DD (My teams in bold)

Gillingham 3-2 Leeds
Real Madrid 0-4 Inter
Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea
Newcastle 1-2 Blackburn
Man Utd 1-2 Real Madrid
Arsenal 1-3 Valencia
Hearts 2-1 Celtic
Grimsby 1-4 Rotherham
Portugal 0-2 France
1899 Hoffenheim 0-1 FC Augsburg

I really enjoy playing with the lower teams, especially today for some reason. I'm getting a bit pissed off with everyone picking Man U/Chelsea/Barca so I just wait for a good game to come around :)). I think it's so realistic how the ball just pings around in the lower leagues, a lot of the time it happens in corners, the ball gets half cleared then a goalmouth scramble ensues! Amazing :)).

Its great with lower league teams from any country, just seems you get a better game out of it because there not all superstars. With the big players I tend to use them too much and expect alot

I've never even heard of that last team!
Me neither!!! He picked Hoffenheim and then I went to 2.Bundesliga and started scrolling through, and liked their badge so I picked them :)). I don't think he was too happy after I beat him 1-0 either :LOL:.

FC Augsburger are a team from Barvaria I think, near Munich. They played TSV Munchen 1860 last March and it was almost a sell out in the Allianz Arena

I started a new Manager Mode this weekend (because of the squad update which is pretty spot-on from what I can see) for a change from playing online and had some cracking matches. I find the professional level just right. I've noticed a lot of you find this level too easy; I find that the CPU plays better if the team is in form i.e. I played Portsmouth away who had won their previous 2 matches and just scraped an away 1-0 win. My next fixture was against a Blackburn team in TERRIBLE form (they'd lost their previous three matches) and I beat them quite easily 2-0. I like the different matches the CPU throws at you.

I still prefer this online but Manager Mode is a refreshing change and I get to play as Man United (I won't use them online because EVERYONE I meet seems to.)

Yeah, remove the teams. I did a La Liga with Barcelona and replaced the rest of the real La Liga teams with teams from English League 2! :lmao: Simmed the whole season, Barca won it easy, winning games 8-0 and 7-1 :LOL:. Though we did have 3 losses at the end of the season so sometimes you do get freak results! But that's the best way to do it yes.

Is this manager mode or an offline tournament. I won the Irish League with Lazio and didn't get any Fan Shop Points, and won the Bundesliga with HSV (with all normal teams replaced with bad ones) but still only have 840 points.

how do you replace teams in an existing league/tournament?!
i had to "create a tournament" to sim as Brasil vs a bunch of two* club teams.
amazingly they lost most of their games! i deleted that game save in disgust!

this is PS3 version.

You just go to Tournament Mode, then choose which League or Cup you want to do, then when you choose your own team, you can replace the other ones by highlighting them and pressing "Y" on the Xbox360, maybe its Triangle on the PS3?

yer but first check in your sticker book thing to see which leagues you get points for

Oh, where is the sticker book ???

Last night I did the SPL on Manager Mode with Celtic and simmed all the games. I'd taken Rangers out and replaced them with Viking Stavanger. I won the league and didn't lose a single match. I kept getting those stamp / sticker things and then noticed my points had gone up to 4,800 (from 800) - which annoyingly is not enough to buy the Marseilles Orange kit. I only want this kit to play as OM and avoid a colour clash.

My Fifa 08 ---- Fifa 08 Profiles ---- My Accomplishments

then use the right analogue stick to go to the tournaments page and there are the ones you want to do

Like I keep saying, choose a Manager Mode and select "Celtic."

Simulate every match and you win all sorts of awards and accumilate shit loads of points. That is why I did and unlocked loads of boots, balls and kits. :)

Does anyone have a list of all of the My accomplishments and how you unlock them ? I know you can get some of the information from within the game menus etc, but does anyone have a complete list ??

Manual, of course. I can't understand when people ask for more freedom and yet choose not to have complete freedom when you play the game? Sure, it might take a few days to learn but it is worth it..

I use semi-auto because the range of the manual aim is a bit too much. Whenever I pres the shoot button, I want to aim on goal, and the semi-auto option has less range outside the posts occupiying space on the stick. I can still aim anywhere I want on the goal, and I can put it outside the posts aswell if I want, which is the perfect range for the shot button. Manual I feel is a bit much for the stick to handle, since the analog stick, especially if you are playing on a slightly older pad, can have problems with the small aim changes that would mean the difference between hitting the middle of the goal or shooting it wide. And like I said, whenever I press the shoot button I want the ball to go on goal, all I want is to be able to aim anywhere on the goal.

Does anyone have a list of all of the My accomplishments and how you unlock them ? I know you can get some of the information from within the game menus etc, but does anyone have a complete list ??

Don't know if you heard but there's this new magic wishing well called Google, you shout into it "fifa 08 achievements" and lo and behold out pops..........

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=358
http://www.achieve360points.com/game/fifa08/
http://news.softpedia.com/news/FIFA-08-Unlockables-Xbox-360-67208.shtml
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080301054518AAfdmfV
http://www.fifasoccerblog.com/2007/09/fifa-08-xbox-360-achievements-list.html

Amazing stuff ;)

Back
Top Bottom