FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

My brother can't play me even though the EA Servers are fine for me. What's going on?

Also, he has saved the squad update but no joy. "EA Servers are down" but they're not, because I am sitting in a lobby waiting for him.

A few I've just played on FIFA:

Manchester United 4-1 CHELSEA

Oh dear, Chelsea were shite. Absolutely awful team performance, Ballack came on for the last 20 mins and his individual rating was "3". Says it all.

Chelsea 3-4 REAL MADRID

Holy shit. I have discovered Real Madrid again :)). Since the update they are looking fab. Formation is perfect too, no changes needed whatsoever. They play a 4-1-3-2, just like real life. Robinho and Robben on the wings are blinding.

REAL MADRID 4-1 Manchester United

Oh yes, get in. He never stood a chance. Real Madrid were on fire. Robinho was pulling out ALL the tricks, including one where he left Evra looking like more of a cunt than usual by rolling it forward, then doing a stepover then hooking the ball forward with his spare leg. It looked amazing! :-...

And a few more:

Liverpool 1-5 REAL MADRID
Torres 29' Raul 18'
van Nistelrooy 44', 90+3'
Sneijder 60'
Robinho 75'

Well after he made it 1-1 I thought it could be a close fought game, but no, Real Madrid are in fact unstoppable in my hands :-) Not just winning, it's winning in style, some delightful football and silky skills. Real Madrid are back.

REAL MADRID 0-3 Roma
Aquilani 27'
Vucinic 57'
Totti pen 88'

Ah balls. A good game, and I messaged him saying so. No where near as one sided as the score suggests, just, his keeper played an absolute blinder. Man of the Match, no question. I ended up having 9 shots on target! Can't do much more than that really, you can't win 'em all. The referee really kicked me when I was down by giving him a late non penalty too.

are adboards real sponsored in the ps3 version of fifa o08 and not the need for speed stuff?
you mentioned in your initial thread, that you saw 'Visa' and 'Coca-Cola' adboards in the FIFA08/PS3 demo. personally i haven't seen those yet in MM. perhaps they are NT specific or only seen in certain competitions/tournaments.
i only know that there are league specific adboards (ex: 'kicker', 'arena' in bundesliga). unfortunately they are plastered with too much 'EA' adboards, and 'Need for Speed' is still in there, that i hardly pay attention. :(

It's really quite off putting how narcissistic EA have become and how it negatively effects the game, not only do we have to put up with EA adboards all over the place, but they also have EA on the score display in the top left and worst of all EA on the radar (which is almost useless anyway due to poor visibility when trying to differentiate between players)........

quick question, I was playing in manager mode last night and finished 3rd in the championship. The final screen showed the top two clubs go up and I was in third.

Next season i was surprised to be in the Premiership?! There was no notification of this, I even had an email from the directors saying they werent happy with my position.

Sorry if this has been talked about before but is this a known bug?

Three clubs go down from the Premier League so three clubs go up from the Championship, surely?

Thats what must happen i suppose. The final league screen only showed the top 2 teams promoted with green arrows and 3 teams relegated with red arrows. It doesnt show you who comes down from the Prem. very confusing...

Its no big deal, glad to be in the Prem anyhow :)

I had a few games last night with Man City and i destroyed the people i played

Barca v City

5-0 up at HT and he quit, nearly all of the goals were awesome as well

Barca v City

Different player but the same outcome, i passed him off the park for a 2-0 victory

Bayern v City

i think this was 3-0 to me

I think City is my team, it may be down to the formation but i can pass brilliantly with them :))

I had a few games last night with Man City and i destroyed the people i played

Barca v City

5-0 up at HT and he quit, nearly all of the goals were awesome as well

Barca v City

Different player but the same outcome, i passed him off the park for a 2-0 victory

Bayern v City

i think this was 3-0 to me

I think City is my team, it may be down to the formation but i can pass brilliantly with them :))

I've heard that they are the best team in the game for doing cut backs with for some reason ;))

No cutbacks to been seen with 1 up front chappy :))

Ill show you tonight how Fifa is meant to be played ;)

I can't play against my brother even though he has saved the squad update. He gets the message "EA Servers are down" but they're not, because I am sitting in a lobby waiting for him.

Can anyone help? :))

I had an e-mail from EA today saying I have "levelled up". I battered some guy 3-0 with Charlton last night.

Great game - never thought I'd still be playing a FIFA title 5 months after buying it.

very interesting blog by the fifa developers on teh upcoming Euro game on IGN (its coming out April 11) http://blogs.ign.com/EA_UEFA/2008/02/29/82287/
Apparently a few of their main points of emphasis were fixing player responsiveness (including goalkeepers) changing thru passes (altho i use manual anyway) and giving skill players new/better skills (and making them easier to do) and increasing acceleration a bit to improve the response times (woohoo) the question is, since i havent played an EA world cup or euro game in years, are there clubs in teh game or is it all centered around the tourney? i really hope not.....

If they put clubs in it would likely hurt sales of FIFA 09 - it is encouraging that EA seem to actually be responding to feedback from gamers but they are a business after all.

The game has really fucking annoyed me tonight :rant:

In fact it has annoyed me that much I am having a few days off it

The thing that's starting to bug me is he shooting. Players just seem to shoot with the wrong foot. For example Donovan was through on goal, straight ahead, so I aimed for the right hand side and he hits it with his left foot and it curls out of bounds. It would've made a lot more sense to curl it around and in with his right. This happens loads in the Arena too.

Hmmm still my biggest gripe is defensive headers, it makes no difference what you do, if it wants to the AI will win the header. You could be on the guys shoulders or on a step ladder in front of them and the AI player could be 2ft nothing laid down having a kip and he'd still win the header..... As with all footy titles there are lots of bugs the most I can live with but the heading thing does mine in.

In fact it has annoyed me that much I am having a few days off it

I guess you are going to be annoyed when I kick your ARSE in the league.

Edit: This statement was made under the influence of alchol. But I still think I am going to kick your butt.

Hmmm still my biggest gripe is defensive headers, it makes no difference what you do, if it wants to the AI will win the header. You could be on the guys shoulders or on a step ladder in front of them and the AI player could be 2ft nothing laid down having a kip and he'd still win the header..... As with all footy titles there are lots of bugs the most I can live with but the heading thing does mine in.

Defensive headers are impossible if you hold either pass, through pass or clearance. Holding shoot to header it away ensures you get your head to the ball first - I havent had a headed goal scored on me in over 2 seasons of manager mode play - and if I remember correctly, even then it was only a rebound off the bar!

Back
Top Bottom