FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I have just won my 50th online match and got the achievment. I've only been playing it online for a week too! (I hated it before.)

I just totally dominate 80% of the people I meet & most of them try shooting from the centre-circle straight after I score. It never goes in though! :lol:

No way - why is that mate?

By breaking my warranty sticker ;)

It's ok though, we're buying a second 360 as soon as we find out how much we have to pay for Nat's taxes last year (it's either £1,000 or £325 can't get a straight answer from the tax office), then we'll get a 2nd HDTV set up in the bedroom so we can both play GTA IV on the 360 at the same time :)

Tnx for the offer Mike, but not sure if it will work with a 48h sub. I tried that last time when I wanted to download a new demo, burnout I think, but it just blocked it. So in the same way I think it only allows you to play on live for 48h but doesnt give any access to downloads.

I have just won my 50th online match and got the achievment. I've only been playing it online for a week too! (I hated it before.)

I just totally dominate 80% of the people I meet & most of them try shooting from the centre-circle straight after I score. It never goes in though! :lol:
I would like to play against you sometime mate :)). You up for a game?

Got the game last week and the switchover from PES was difficult but optimistic. I now love this game and have got stuck into a Manager Mode, although I'm lost trying to find the training options - if there is any!

Will have to get online with a few folk from here sometime soon.

Good man, I think there's only ClassicD left to "make see sense". Someone send the boys round.

Got the game last week and the switchover from PES was difficult but optimistic.
I play FIFA the same way I used to play PES (no backwards passing though :mrgreen:). It seems to work pretty well. I get more points than my opponent 90% of the time, even if I lose.

How do I go on levels by the way? I seem to be stuck at level 13. I really don't like that number so I'd like to reach level 14. :mrgreen:

Oh man, I'm on a winning spree. I won 16 matches in a row. Each time I start a new game I'm afraid it's going to end. :lol:
It's gonna happen sometimes but it would be nice to take it to 20.

Since the update, I haven't met a lot of people playing with Barca. It's good to finally have different opponents.

He must be cheating by using Crystal Palace

your not big and your not clever

Haha no, I'm a Man Utd fan. But I have a relative who's a big Crystal Palace supporter. He wanted me to go see a match to see what real football was all about. :lol: A shame I couldn't go.

I wish they would have put Ebbsfleet United. I've been living in Gravesend as well for more than 2 years and a half, and I still go there every now and then to see family.
They have great pubs too. :mrgreen:

Haha no, I'm a Man Utd fan. But I have a relative who's a big Crystal Palace supporter. He wanted me to go see a match to see what real football was all about. :lol: A shame I couldn't go.

I wish they would have put Ebbsfleet United. I've been living in Gravesend as well for more than 2 years and a half, and I still go there every now and then to see family.
They have great pubs too. :mrgreen:

Tim lives in gravesend

Yeah, I noticed. Great little town, really quiet and all. And there's everything you need. I love playing football there as well.

Had a highly unique online experience tonight - chose to play a quick ranked match and after I had picked my usual team (Juve) I sat watching my opponent scroll thru teams at the Team Select screen expecting to see Barca, ManU or Arse pop up but then I stared in bemusement as he scrolled to Rest of World and finally stopped at...FC LAUSANNE?! :SHOCK:
I waited for him to continue flipping but he didn't budge - the unfamiliar blue L and S of their emblem just sat on my tv screen. Surely this had to be a mistake, he probably was thru his 6th pint or so and his fingers could no longer do the job - but sure enough up popped the 'Ready' indication and off to the next screen we went.
At this point I made my usual lineup shuffle (stuck the injured Andrade at CB and moved Iaquinta into a trident attack) and almost felt guilty in doing so. Meanwhile my opponent was actually making lineup changes as well as if he regularly played with them! Not sure if anyone here is familiar with the 'club de football de Lausanne' (they're a Swiss side I discovered after the fact, out of curiosity), but from what I recall I think the highest rated player was in the mid 50's! (I could be wrong cuz at that stage I was still in a state of semi-shock).
Anyhow he turned out to be a quite decent player as I didn't nick a winner til the 86th minute - granted, out of respect for his choice of team I purposely did not try to take unfair advantage by just outpacing him down the wing (I never play that way anyhow but almost surely could have in this instance), might have been tempted to do so if he was arseing about but he played it straight up.
All in all it wasn't that bad of a match and I give absolute full credit and admiration to someone making a go with one of the weakest teams in the game - having played 100 or so matches online it was indeed an unusually refreshing change of pace! :TU:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom