FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Fair play to EA

they have Derbys formation and line up spot on which has surprised me

i have the update and squad update, and the button lag for me has improved so much, can do some silky 1v1 skills now

also noticed you cant do the shooting from kick off thing

AAARRGGHHH Just been fucking kicked off Live during a match :mad::mad::mad:

Was Pompey playing against Ajax, had been 1-0 down since about the 10th minute and was playing shite. Then I made some changes and was on top and got it back to 1-1 with a Kanu header. Then about 80 mins on the clock and I just get fucking kicked off Live, EA Servers, the lot. Sign back in straight away and find I've got a fucking 3-0 loss, thanks EA and MS, you bunch of cunts :mad:.

The 360 one isn't a proper download yet anyway, you have to keep downloading it every time you restart your system. It's like EA haven't released it properly yet or something :-k.

Hmm might have done actually, I'll try setting Ronaldinho as my arena player tonight and see if it makes a difference...

You can't save the new squad file. It's only available when you go to play an Xbox Live match and it says checking for latest update and gets it everytime you start FIFA, but doesn't let you save it at all.

OMG TEH DRAMA!

I am the same as you Jack, all subs bugs seems to have been fixed! \\:o/

You can't save the new squad file. It's only available when you go to play an Xbox Live match and it says checking for latest update and gets it everytime you start FIFA, but doesn't let you save it at all.

I'n on the xbox 360 and i managed to save the update,i don't need to get it everytime i restart FIFA

Same here Alain, saved straight away for me - I can have any player in the arena too. :)

Well after getting a PS3 off the Mrs I have bought Fifa and it is about 50% more responsive on the PS3.

I don't know if its the pad, but it definitely feels a lot less cumbersome to play.

well I didnt get no update that time JB did, but I just checked and the sub glitch has gone

Well after getting a PS3 off the Mrs I have bought Fifa and it is about 50% more responsive on the PS3.

I don't know if its the pad, but it definitely feels a lot less cumbersome to play.
You see I had the PS3 version and likewise I felt that this was the case. 50 games later and I thought it was the same as the 360... with the exception of the issues that I have discussed before.

Tim, you can save the squad update, it's easy.

Go to the options bit, go to Save/Load/Delete, delete all squad files that you have completely (online and offline). Then go to an unranked match, when you're asked to download the squad update say yes. When you're asked if want to save it, say yes. Then quit the unranked match.

Now go into the customisation bit, go to squads (as if you were editing the lineups for the teams). Then press back. It will pop up and say, "you are editing the online squad file, are you sure you want to save this as the offline squad file as well" (or something vaguely similar) - and you just say yes.

Done, saved.

how are you lot testing the subs bug out?

are you just waiting for the other guy to pause then make a sub?

I'm pretty sure the subs bug has been fixed for me too, but I haven't had to update where you first turn FIFA on and then it asks you to update before you can go on Live? Hmm, this is all a bit strange... :| :-k

Anyway, I scored one of the best goals I've scored yesterday, it wasn't a long range belter or a top corner shot, but a wonderful team goal. I was Arsenal and played some superb, one touch, manual passing between Walcott, Van Persie and Adebayor, which ended in Adebayor with an easy finish from about 7 yards. It was total football, and typical Arsenal football too. The beautiful game :).

Tim, you can save the squad update, it's easy.

Go to the options bit, go to Save/Load/Delete, delete all squad files that you have completely (online and offline). Then go to an unranked match, when you're asked to download the squad update say yes. When you're asked if want to save it, say yes. Then quit the unranked match.

Now go into the customisation bit, go to squads (as if you were editing the lineups for the teams). Then press back. It will pop up and say, "you are editing the online squad file, are you sure you want to save this as the offline squad file as well" (or something vaguely similar) - and you just say yes.

Done, saved.
Thanks mate. Will this bugger up my Manager Mode though?

Back
Top Bottom