FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

how are you lot testing the subs bug out?

are you just waiting for the other guy to pause then make a sub?

yer and hopeing he makes one to, Infact this guy made two subs at the same time and so did I, it showed his coming on but mine were also on too so its all fine there

very weird, cant think as to when it would have happened to be fixed

well me and Jay just had a game and tried to see if we could both make a sub and we couldnt

This update is awesome! Valencia are spot-on!

I played earlier and battered someone. Spain (me) 6 Brazil 0. I literally kept the ball for 90 minutes - he couldn't anything. He was defo a PES player who has only just bought FIFA, I could tell.

I don't think I've played with Valencia since the update was released, but I remember playing with them used to be a nightmare for me. I always seemed to rush my game, I couldn't keep possession and would always pass the ball to the wingers and then hope for the best. Ineffective and stupid.

Now, if there's a team I'm loving playing with, that's got to be Schalke. I played with them before the update for a few times and thought they were fantastic, now I've just had one of the online matches I've enjoyed the most. The guy picked Werder Bremen and I won 2-1, I had the whole match under my control and played beautifully, first touch passes and combinations between players. The first goal involved the whole team, I'm pretty sure every player touched the ball before Jones finally kicked it in. The other goal was completely different, it was a long shot by Ernst, their goalkeeper wouldn't have caught it, no matter what. It was a really fantastic shot and for the first time in quite a while, the guy didn't skip the replay - we watched it from 3 different angles. Stunning.

I thought I'd switch the passing to semi-manual after a few days using the assisted option and I've already felt the difference. I feel there's a lot more freedom and the response times seem to be a lot better as well. This, semi-assisted shooting and manual through balls make the game so good. I'm in love again.

Thats a good point

i could never get to grips with Real Madrid or Chelsea, maybe now i can :)

Yeah Valencia are far more effective now (it might just be me though.) Canizares (sp?) is on the bench and Abelda isn't even in the first eleven. Joaquin seems much quicker too. :)

Had some great online 5v5 matches tonight (thanks for the invites Milanista!) & we won all of them.

The new squad update is great. You can see they've put a lot of effort into it. I love it.

Barca are still way too strong but whatever. It's a shame they don't want to bring Ronaldinho's ratings down, just because he's the game's mascot. He's just not as good as he used to be now.

I played 5 or 6 ranked online matches yesterday (I never play unranked) and didn't meet Barcelona ONCE. Some guy battered me 3-0 with Everton, he was the best player I've met on FIFA 08 as of yet.

He would have to be to be able to play decent with Everton :D

So is the update going to be released for silver surfers aswell at some point?

Nope, EA say it's down to MS and such. I guess you can get one of those free 48hr golds but then you'd have to create a new account and play the game from that, don't think there's any way to get gold trials for existing silver accounts?

Guys if anyone wants a 48-hour Xbox Live Gold code to download the FIFA 08 update, just PM, I've got hundreds. :)

Back
Top Bottom