FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Booyaa! Well done EA :) I was playing a few games this morning with Portsmouth, they've got a lovely 4-3-3 going on with Defoe up top, plus Baros and Kanu on the bench :).

Brilliant news lads! :applause:

I am gonna start a new Manager Mode with United on World Class.

gents,

my PS3 isn't connected online. would anyone be kind enough to upload their 'squad file' with the new update? it would be magnanimous!

I'm getting ruddy pissed off with the keeper glitches.

They go mental once the ball has gone out, running forward and so on, or diving.

Then sometimes you have a long shot and it flies in because for some reason theyre running back to the net huddled.

Booyaa! Well done EA :) I was playing a few games this morning with Portsmouth, they've got a lovely 4-3-3 going on with Defoe up top, plus Baros and Kanu on the bench :).

Thats who i have been playing online with recently and im unbeaten in about 6-7 :)

they say that the update has changed the gameplay a bit.
some claim that World Class difficulty is easier. shots are different and also tackling online is better.

is it true?
Just played Brazil v Barnet to test if World Class is any better. In a word, nope. It's the same mate. 0-0 after 90 minutes, Brazil v Barnet, unbelievable. Can't win a single header. I know it's on "World Class" but this is something Pro Evo got spot on; rather than making a team turn into world-beaters overnight it just makes them play to the best of their ability. Such a shame, single-player is dead as far as I'm concerned.

I played again on Legendary and strangely it didn't seem as hard as it is on World Class, but the scoreline was the same and the turntable-style CPU swiveling act was the same.

Online seems a lot better though, I've noticed far less lag (may be a coincidence but still), and button lag seems a tad better as well.

I don't think single player is dead Jack, I've got about 5 or 6 different MM running (can't stick with one team) and on Professional it's good fun.

As I said, "as far as I'm concerned". I know of at least three people on here who play it single-player, but I think they're nuts. No offence. ;)

I like a challenge, but on Professional I win 2-0 every game, on World Class I get beat 2-0 every game, and it makes no difference if I'm playing Man Utd or Mansfield Town.

Online you feel the difference, offline the CPU makes any team as good as they need to be.

02.07.08.09.42.59.jpg

Isn't that Tim?

No, it's the kid his ex-girlfriend had years ago but he refuses to have anything to do with him.

"I play FIFA 12 hours a day to try and win my dad back", I can see Jeremy Kyle ringing him up now.

Actually, I still can't find Manucho on the new update. Did a name search and nothing came up. Also looked on Panathinaikos.

Yes, it can be saved.
After you download the squad file, it asks you if you wish to save the file.
So you just say yes, and the squad file saved.

Just played Brazil v Barnet to test if World Class is any better. In a word, nope. It's the same mate. 0-0 after 90 minutes, Brazil v Barnet, unbelievable. Can't win a single header. I know it's on "World Class" but this is something Pro Evo got spot on; rather than making a team turn into world-beaters overnight it just makes them play to the best of their ability. Such a shame, single-player is dead as far as I'm concerned.

I played again on Legendary and strangely it didn't seem as hard as it is on World Class, but the scoreline was the same and the turntable-style CPU swiveling act was the same.

Online seems a lot better though, I've noticed far less lag (may be a coincidence but still), and button lag seems a tad better as well.

its obviously not gonna change any of that because its only a squad update

It hasn't changed anything online either Jack - response times are still a bit crap but it's far more enjoyable than single-player (I've finally realised) although I do like the odd Manager Mode match. :)

Coopz\Plan M, there was a game update released a few days ago. That's what I'm talking about, not the squad update.

I mentioned in this thread a few pages ago when I got it, a few guys said they didn't get it but I've got it, dad's got it and the brother-in-law's got it. So if you haven't got it I'm not sure what's going on there...

It solves the subs bug, which is a fucking relief, and has a few other tweaks from what I can tell.

Coopz\Plan M, there was a game update released a few days ago. That's what I'm talking about, not the squad update.

I mentioned in this thread a few pages ago when I got it, a few guys said they didn't get it but I've got it, dad's got it and the brother-in-law's got it. So if you haven't got it I'm not sure what's going on there...

It solves the subs bug, which is a fucking relief, and has a few other tweaks from what I can tell.

i aint had it on for a fews days so i may have it when i do

I haven't got it too.
So you mean you have FIFA 08 1.20?
Which console? PS3 or X360?
Which copy? US, EU or another?
Which region does your account is?

FIFA 08, Xbox 360.

I don't know why nobody else has had it but it fixes the subs bug so you'd think everyone would be forced to have it!!

I tried again to make sure I wasn't going mad, and I'm not - if I do a sub and the opposition does a sub, the commentator will even say "both sets of managers making a change here" and if you pause again and check the team lineups both sets of substitutions have been made. Same with the bro-in-law, he's confirmed it as well.

What the fuck is going on?

Back
Top Bottom