FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Just had the STRANGEST experience online!

I chose AC Milan and pressed A so READY was flashing. The other guy took forever choosing a team and scrolled through all the leagues & teams; he eventually chose:

SHAMROCK ROVERS of Ireland! :lol:

Obviously it was too late for me to change my team so when it kicked off I thought I'd play a nice slow passing game. I went 2-0 up just before half-time and the guy quit! Really odd.

Guys how do I move my 'Keeper on the line in penalty shoot-outs? Everytime I get to a shoot-out I lose every one. Also, can I save my line-ups/formations for Xbox Live?

Guys how do I move my 'Keeper on the line in penalty shoot-outs? Everytime I get to a shoot-out I lose every one. Also, can I save my line-ups/formations for Xbox Live?

you just move the left stick to move left or right.

You can't save formations for xbox live unfortunately - Thats my reason for not winning any of the leagues :)

No I don't mean dive mate - I mean actually walk left and right (like Bruce Grobbelar famously did in the 80s when at Liverpool.)

No I don't mean dive mate - I mean actually walk left and right (like Bruce Grobbelar famously did in the 80s when at Liverpool.)

Its one of the sticks the left or right one - thats how he walks on the line.

But my GK just dives then! Does anyone understand what I mean?!

Anyway, still LOVING this online. NO LAG whatsoever when I play, it's so bloody smooth; I love it! Won so many matches today too, must have been playing loads of school kids because:

1. It's half-term

2. They all played like kids would i.e. hold sprint and try to run up the pitch taking all of my players.

If there is anyone reading this who hasn't played FIFA 08 yet and you love football then you NEED this game. It's great. :)

ive just started to play this game and it seems good although the one thing that annoys me is it isn't very responsive when I want to hit the ball first time..for example ill cross it in and instead of volleying the man will take a touch or when you pass a square ball it seems difficult to hit it straight away like in pes2008...is this just a practice thing or is it just unresponsive at times

I'd like to buy "me" in carriere mode but I don't see my free player in the negociations.
And when I leave the carriere mode, it has disappered of the creation center. I have to turn it off and reboot. Why ? Anybody got this problem ??? Do I have to create a player and then start a new carriere ?

Last edited:

I'd like to buy "me" in carriere mode but I don't see my free player in the negociations.
And when I leave the carriere mode, it has disappered of the creation center. I have to turn it off and reboot. Why ? Anybody got this problem ??? Do I have to create a player and then start a new carriere ?

You have to create the player before you start a manager (career) mode - make sure that roster is loaded when you start and then once you save the manager (career) mode that roster is saved along with it.
Think of it this way - the roster in manager mode is completely seperate from the roster that loads up when you first turn on the game - you can only get to the manager roster by entering manager mode so any changes you make to the roster outside of manager mode are not going to appear in manager mode unless you start new.

It kind of feels like cheating but that's the only way we have to save the shots aimed at the top corners. :rolleyes:

Penalties on this are great, but the only critism I have is that shots never really seem to go top corner. Also, I'd love manual penalties, that'd be very cool. Also stuters as you run up. :cool: Still though, the penalties rock on this anyway.

I hate the penalties in this (probably because I am shite at them!) and I hate the fact that you HAVE to play extra-time. You should be able to get a few leaderboard points for a ranked match which ends in a draw. I hate playing more than 90 minutes, I get bored.

Also, on the friends leaderboards, it only shows a few players (just Coopz & Jay D78 on mine), why is this?

Because you have to be in the top 10,000 to rank on FIFA, otherwise you're just given a "-".

So in other words you have to play the game day & night? That is crap.

EA are taking there time with the rosters update.

Well considering they're updating the appearances of many players as well as stats and transfers it's no surprise it's taking time, I'm well chuffed though as they did a cracking job on Frankie Simek's new face as well as Ronnie Wallwork :)

Haha good find Miguel :)

This photo tells a hundred stories:

02.07.08.09.42.59.jpg

He probably:

* Hasn't got a girlfriend.
* Doesn't leave the house much (when he does it's straight to Boots for some cream for his acne.)
* Hasn't ever kissed a girl.
* Prefers a "good night in with the PS3" instead of chasing some fanny around.
* Thinks "Where's Wally" is brilliant.

yer, read it silly

SportsGamer: Let's talk a little about strategy. Tell me what team you use?

Danny Taylor: I play with Barcelona. I hear people all the time complain about them, but they're the best team on the game and I want to win the FIWC, so I'm going to play with the best. Barcelona plays with speed and power, which I enjoy. I support Middlesbrough in real life, but they're pathetic in FIFA 08 so it's just not realistic for me to use them.

Back
Top Bottom