FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

They cant even make up to date players look proper!!

Hi all,

I was looking for an active Fifa community but couldn't find one, and I remembered I had an account here. Surprised to see such a large amount of Fifa players on these forums, when I came here a few months ago I remember there was one Fifa 07 thread and that was it. Anyways I think I'll stick around here as I think the official Fifa forum is crap:)

Hi all,

I was looking for an active Fifa community but couldn't find one, and I remembered I had an account here. Surprised to see such a large amount of Fifa players on these forums, when I came here a few months ago I remember there was one Fifa 07 thread and that was it. Anyways I think I'll stick around here as I think the official Fifa forum is crap:)

Welcome mate - As you can see we have a main league and lots of Mini leagues. Ask Jack Bauer to put you down as a reserve for the main league in case people drop out.

The Mini leagues you need to be on the ball as they only have a few teams in them.

another brand of loser, the ones that hold down A and x the WHOLE game. It's very easily beatable if you pass properly as i scored three goals unfortunately he was United with ronaldo at forward, and he always seems to cause those errant tackles where you get the ball but it still manages to bounce his way, final score 4-3 (missed another glorious chance with cambiasso) arrgggh

Yeah that gets to me as well, although saying that I'd call it a fault of the game more than the player. They're only doing it because it works.

I call across a 2nd CPU defender a lot of the time, if you know the right situations to use them in, it is very handy.

I use it all the time, you do that and then just predict what you opponent is gonna do. Works for me. Any of you lads play this online ? PS3?

What about the Barca bumboys who shoot straight from kick-off? it never works but they always try it,and they are always Barca.

What about the Barca bumboys who shoot straight from kick-off? it never works but they always try it,and they are always Barca.

Been scored on once that way awhile ago. My keeper bumbled the ball because he had his head up his ass thanks to piss poor programming. But still, 1 out of 50 is still to many for that shot.

funny you should say that

on 5 vs 5 just someone scored from the half way line at kick off, then at our kick off i scored from the half way line :lol:

funny you should say that

on 5 vs 5 just someone scored from the half way line at kick off, then at our kick off i scored from the half way line :lol:

:shock: hope thats not something that happens often with this game

Wow, the inch perfect offsides is really pissing me off. Saviola had his left toenail off and they still called it. What happened to advantage to the attacker?

If someone does that to me and my goalkeeper catches it. I hold it in his hands for the full 6 seconds, then press Y to drop it at my feet and just wait for the bellends to come and close me down.

Being myself a barcelona fan, it's a shame how people now hates barça because of the game, and not becausde of the horrible football we're playing in real life. Sigh...

Anyway, in the game I never pick Barcelona, I prefer to play with small clubs, but lately getting a little annoyed with all the shortcomings of the game, mainly related to players going "through" other players regardless of positioning and the light suspicion I'm growing about the game influencing teams in some way for good or for bad (that "coin toss" effect was terrible in pes and now I wonder if it's there also in fifa).

Forgot to say that I hate kockoff-shooters and knock-on sideline runners. And when I pick West Ham and my opponent picks Barcelona, I innmediately call off the game. Don't want to waste my time with this people.

There's another stupid thing people do online: when the keeper has the ball, let it go and go with the ball outside the area or even further to have an easy pass. I don't like it because it lacks realism and can be considered a "cheat". But the reward is inmense when I manage to grab the ball and score a long sexy lob that goes slooooowly towards the net.

Really dont understand why people think this kick off shooting is so effective, that they do it from every kick off!? I have seen over 50 attempts, and the only time I saw them go in was the two in our 5vs5 match.

Played a few online games this morning and won roughly 4 out of 6 games that I've played. I always "Create Ranked Session" and choose ANY DNF (I have been lucky and had only one person quit on me today.)

I can't believe how many people choose Man United & Barcelona though - it's like as soon as I press A there is a Man United crest waiting for me on the opposing team!

Also, I hate it when I choose an international team and they don't budge - Barcelona. WHEN THE HELL HAVE PORTUGAL PLAYED BARCELONA?!!! Just choose any national team please! There are fucking loads!

you got it spot on @plan M:applause: just went back playing FIFA08(i have to say i got bored always playing in the same fucking stadium stadium des arts) on line and the same happen to me ,i pick England and an idiot pick Arsenal..:roll:,i pick Aston Villa,the opponent picks Inter..Boring;;

If my opponent picks Barcelona I quit instantly, no questions asked.

If I am a national team and they are a club team I will just wait on the national team until they pick a national team too or quit.

If my opponent is on one of the big teams, sometimes I pick another big team and play them, sometimes I pick an average team and wait until they pick an average team or they quit.

Back
Top Bottom