FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Because you lot reckon online is where this game is at (and granted, single player is starting to get tedious) I thought I'd play online this morning.

I played as Bayern Munich against some French guy (who didn't shut up) who played as Chelsea and I gotta say...

I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! I dominated the match, my play was outstanding and he couldn't get the ball off me. I won 2-0 and if I didn't have to go into town I would of played another match. NO lag or slow-down and it was what I have always dreamt about when it comes to footy games online. Whether I will still like it after another 10 matches online is another thing but this is good news for me! :)

Just played two more online matches. Won the first one 2-1 and lost the second in a thrilling B.Munich (me) v AC Milan. 3-3 at fulltime and then he won 4-3 in extra time. He even sent me a message saying it was the best game he had so far on FIFA! I officially rock at this, really enjoying it! NO LAG in both games too! :)

Just played two more online matches. Won the first one 2-1 and lost the second in a thrilling B.Munich (me) v AC Milan. 3-3 at fulltime and then he won 4-3 in extra time. He even sent me a message saying it was the best game he had so far on FIFA! I officially rock at this, really enjoying it! NO LAG in both games too! :)

HA, see i told you so :) haha

...and I've just played and won another game. The guy was choosing Aston Villa so I thought, ok, I'll go someone similiar. I chose Portsmouth and it was a cracking although scrappy match. I scraped it 1-0! :)

...and just played another online game (sorry for all these posts by the way! :))

I always host and am experiencing NO lag whatsoever. I just played another French guy who was a top bloke. He was Lyon and I was B.Munich. Although I lost 2-1 it was by far the best match I've played online so far. We both played really strategically and loved each other's play so much that we both watched each other's replays without cutting them! I would even go as far as saying that it was the best game of football I've had online before (out of all the PES games too.) Even though I lost, I was smiling at fulltime because it was such a good game - if he was sitting in the same room I would of shaken his hand, it was that good.

I don't know what happened before with me and this game - when I first bought it I had a few games against Coopz and some other Evo-Webbers and LOVED it. No lag, good football. Then like a week later every game I was playing was FULL of lag, I just couldn't handle it.

So do silver users get the roster updates aswell?

@ Mike, I really enjoyed online aswell, had some really good random matches although there were quite a few quitters. Played some really good matches against Jack aswell.

...and just played another online game (sorry for all these posts by the way! :))

I always host and am experiencing NO lag whatsoever. I just played another French guy who was a top bloke. He was Lyon and I was B.Munich. Although I lost 2-1 it was by far the best match I've played online so far. We both played really strategically and loved each other's play so much that we both watched each other's replays without cutting them! I would even go as far as saying that it was the best game of football I've had online before (out of all the PES games too.) Even though I lost, I was smiling at fulltime because it was such a good game - if he was sitting in the same room I would of shaken his hand, it was that good.

I don't know what happened before with me and this game - when I first bought it I had a few games against Coopz and some other Evo-Webbers and LOVED it. No lag, good football. Then like a week later every game I was playing was FULL of lag, I just couldn't handle it.
i didnt think anyone hosted on live... maybe its the new patch... want to add me back to your freinds list so you can play me and we can bury the hatchet with a "friendly" england vs Usa match :) LOL

Tik - Do you play Manager Mode or online more at the moment mate?

Gomito - What I mean is that I create custom ranked matches so I guess it's not really hosting. Yes, add me to Live mate. :)

i didnt think anyone hosted on live... maybe its the new patch... want to add me back to your freinds list so you can play me and we can bury the hatchet with a "friendly" england vs Usa match :) LOL

There was a new patch? I haven't played fifa for quite a while now so i have no idea.

No new patch here. :eh:

You must be thinking of the February transfer update, but that's not out yet.

Oh that one, that was ages ago. :D

Might have been earlier than that as well, but too long ago for me to remember either way. I'm sure Plan M has tried it online since then.

Damn........although I only play MM anyway so that will have adjusted across the seasons and messed about with the squads.

@ mike, see above for anwser.

Well you could buy a new game and get a free 1 month gold in that? Or buy one of those 24 hour free golds off Ebay for like $4?

I saw a website that gives away free 24 hour gold for filling in questionnaires or other shit as well one time, not sure if it's legit but worth a try.

Just played and won my 10th online match. The opponent chose Man United (no suprises there) so I chose B.Munich. I totally destroyed him 4-0, he didn't even have a shot at goal. I felt sorry for him by the end because he was a good lad, he watched the goal replays and didn't quit. I am quite good at this and I think the reason why is because I have played so much single-player & Manager Mode. Most the people I have played so far just don't know the physics of the game very well and are too busy using the pointless "trick stick."

Really loving this now. :)

LAST post on my online adventures I promise ;)

Just played TOTAL football against an opponent. Arsenal (me) v Chelsea, won 2-1. Thrilling match too.

:)

Mike you should join us in a league - You sound quite good. You might give Timbo a run for his money :)

Because there hasn't been ANY lag on every match I've played I simply can't stop playing it Bobby, I'd love to join a league now.

Also I am finding that most of the opponents I am meeting are pretty sound - not like when I used to play PES, EVERYONE went as Inter and 99% of the time they were twats and would play ridiculous 1-3-4-2 formations which would only work in a PES game, not real life.

Just played against an Italian bloke who chose Roma and I was Bayern Munich. Again, superb passing football on show and it was a really tough match which I scraped 2-1. We both watched each other's replays and it was great fun. Quite a few people choosing Chelsea I've noticed - Peter Cech is like a brick wall too!

Back
Top Bottom