FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Anyone notice that half the ranked matches at every kickoff the opposition gets they try to score from the half way line? well up til now (about 50 games) i hadnt gotten scored upon... until today, when Lo, as the second half begins Drogba gets a goal at the beginning of the second half from the half way line. of course i lose 1-0. Number one is how annoying it can be to play people online, the losers that do that at every kick off like those that choose barca every game. But also the developers who made such a good game who missed a few small things that keep it from being fantastic. I love the game but how good would it be if this didnt exist, keepers charged properly, and moves always reacted as soon as you flicked the right stick(as opposed to 75% of the time, after youve slowed down from your R2 run)? guess that's what next year's for i suppose :)

FIFA 08 > All other PES' ever. New FIFA reigns king . . . <cry>.

I can't believe legendary AI and the new skills system. Thanks to all who recommended it! It truly is king now. Unreal!

Especially after all these years! Thanks Evo forum!

FIFA 08 > All other PES' ever. New FIFA reigns king . . . <cry>.

I can't believe legendary AI and the new skills system. Thanks to all who recommended it! It truly is king now. Unreal!

Especially after all these years! Thanks Evo forum!
Wouldnt say the AI is legendary... It cheats like fuck! They can do the quickest and best turns and moves I have ever seen, your players have cement feet and take far too long by which time the CPU player has taken them out...

Plus WAY too many freekicks NOT given to the PLAYERS team....

It was confirmed yonks ago that Arsenal will be improved so you can relax on that front ;) I was in the database getting the errors fixed on Sheffield Wednesday players at 7am my time to get them done in time for the database cut off, will be good to have a squad where everyone has the correct foot and correct height and stats and such :)

Placebo, the overall star ratings of a team - are they preset by programmers, or is every player in that team taken into account and then the star rating automatically produced?

My understanding is that it's automatically calculated based on each individual stat, that's why it's so lame when people are like "Adebayor is only a 79, that's so wrong" You can bump up his goalkeeping stats and his overall will change to 82 or something, doesn't make him a better forward etc. etc.

It does seem that overall's are calculated to take into account primary attributes as are appropriate for the player's position. For example bumping up just the goalkeeping stats of a goalkeeper will make his overall significantly increase, no matter if you touch the other stats or not.

Wow, that's much better :) He used to be a 79 didn't he? I would always pick him up front with RVP over Eduardo though when I'm Arsenal! :lol:

thank god. cant wait for this, don't think those barca lovers will be too happy tho :)itd also be nice to be barca from time to time without feeling like a cheater.

i wonder if theyre planning on ever releasing any gameplay patches as well?

haha, well only relative to how good theyre supposed to be. i havent seen them play yet really i dont understand how theyve been so bad with their talent

Dam rigt Ade is getting improved. :cool: Btw I get a bit pissed off with this sometimes cause I only really get real enjoyment online. I normally play on proffesional but I'm finding it too easy and I've even found World Class a bit easy. Online is the funest mode. And none of my mates cba to play most of the time. :( By myself on FIFA. Not good.

Because of the update I'll have to start Manager Mode all over again! Arrrrgh!

hell yer Brian we need updates to our team and give watson his hair!

Indeed.

I'm not sure who at EA thought that Watson had a shaved head, at any point. Ever.

Unfortunately with my access level in the DB I can only view Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship, strangely though I can view all Premiership teams

Unfortunately with my access level in the DB I can only view Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship, strangely though I can view all Premiership teams

I'm hoping they've improved Corluka/Petrov stats...and Johnson's for that matter - and actually made Dabo the worst player in the history of the Premier league.

One thing i wanna ask on here actually...i've created a user on easportsworld.com and i wanna link it with my FIFA profile so i can get a nice man with shades as an avatar...but i can't for the life of me figure it out. Can someone give us a breakdown of what i gotta do?!

Back
Top Bottom