FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

How do i get other players to stand over the ball while im taking a freekick?

eg. one player rolls it forawrd and the other has a shot.

180px-Van_Persie_free_kick.jpg

OK, so I have had this game for a week now and really suck at it. I play with Arsenal on pro and just cant find a way to score. My overall gameplay is pretty good, but its in the final third that I lack any skill. Need some advice on how to score because all these 0-0's are killing me.

ps- I was really good at all WE games so I dont know if this has anything to do with how I play Fifa.

OK, so I have had this game for a week now and really suck at it. I play with Arsenal on pro and just cant find a way to score. My overall gameplay is pretty good, but its in the final third that I lack any skill. Need some advice on how to score because all these 0-0's are killing me.

ps- I was really good at all WE games so I dont know if this has anything to do with how I play Fifa.

This has everything to do with how you play FIFA - it's been touched on countless times here since the game came out so I'll just offer a few tips along with the general advice that you cannot approach this game as you did WE/PES, it needs to be played much more deliberately and more like real life footy.

- Lay off the sprint button unless you're chasing a ball or are doing a stop/start move to lose a defender.

- Use L2/close control to help keep possession which is key - hold onto the ball and work/wait for your chances, don't kick it around and be careless with it.

- For the most part avoid shooting if you're player is off balance or not in good position - don't be afraid to run at defenders to get into the box as opposed to just giving it a go from distance but remember not to sprint or you'll lose the ball for sure.

- Finally use your tactics - D-pad for strategies and R1/D-pad to change your attacking mentality and remember, just like with WE/PES it takes some time to become a decent player.

Does anyone know if you get gamerpoints for winning a match in a created tournament i.e. a World Cup?

LIVERPOOL DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS ON THE SQUAD.

How do i get around this? Im trying to sign players from Sunderland, Liverpool and Man Utd, but this keeps happening!!! really getting on my nerves!

Are you a rival team trying to sign players from them? Sometimes you get this message due to poor game design.....

Im Leeds in Manager Mode.

I'd be gutted if i wont ever be able to sign players from the 3 clubs i mentioned.

Its annoying when that happens too! I just have to accept that I wont be able to sign Gerrard or Torres for my Lyon team in my French league.... this is the furthest ive got on ANY FIFA Game. I have won the EPL, La Liga, Serie A and Budesliga titles now..... On my way to the Ligue 1 title and next up it will be the Dutch League.

Its annoying when that happens too! I just have to accept that I wont be able to sign Gerrard or Torres for my Lyon team in my French league.... this is the furthest ive got on ANY FIFA Game. I have won the EPL, La Liga, Serie A and Budesliga titles now..... On my way to the Ligue 1 title and next up it will be the Dutch League.

Have you won the Champions League at any clubs yet DJ? I am waiting until I've won it all with United before I emigrate to (probably) Italy and play as Roma.

Also: Thanks numberoneson for the info. :)

I just won my 100th Online ranked game - Drubbed a bloke 4 - 0 I was Milan he was Man U

I thought I would get achievment points - but no! :(

What?! That's shit, you should get rewarded for winnng your first 50 and 100 online matches.

Actually I think I did - its just that it didn't pop up on my screen for some reason?!

My points went up a bit though :)

Think I did - I was on 810 now I'm on 875 - I think. I will have to check it out.

Dad went ballistic this morning, I was half-awake browsing around here and he just burst in and said "YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING SO THAT I ALWAYS LOSE ON THE FIFA, THAT THING YOU PUT ON MY PROFILE THAT SAYS I'M THE WORLD'S WORST FIFA PLAYER DOESN'T HELP EITHER, THEY ALL BEAT ME BECAUSE OF THAT, FUCKING CHANGE IT."

Interesting morning.

Everyone on here says that. Then they stuff him 7-0 on the FIFA.

No wonder you all fucking love him.

Back
Top Bottom