FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

He never is for me either Joe. I play as Chelsea and hes a cunt, I play against them and no matter how many shots I have I can never beat him

Regarding kits, isnt the best way to earn point to pick the best side in a league and then just simulate the league (rangers/celtic for scotland for example).

Dont worry he will hate it again after a few more games :)

WRONG!

Played it most of last night (pissed as a fart) and LOVED every minute of it. Had one REALLY laggy game but the guy was in Mexico or somewhere. I was crap because I was drunk and my usual tactical passing approach went out of the window for example, Some guy chose Scotland, I was England and he hammered me 2-0 but he was crap (honest) and I usually beat people who just hold sprint all the time. I did win three or four games and experienced a few BQs (that's what we'll call the quitters from now on, they always play as Barcelona and can't seem to comprehend losing against ANYONE!)

Loving it online, as long as there is no lag I am a happy man. :)

Probably gonna be on Burnout tonight (if it's good) though.

Last edited:

Can you sim a whole season or do you have to sim each game one by one?

You have to sim each game 1 by 1. It doesnt always work out though, I tried a few times as the favourite teams in a few leagues and when you sim it you basically let the cpu guess a result, its really fucking annoying

Ha Ha :) Had a diabolical game yesterday in my french manager mode as Lyon, Lots of odd deflections and fouls from the CPU that werent given.....

The cpu scored an 89th minute winning headed goal after being on the back foot from the beginning

February transfer update is out by the looks of it, I've just been asked to update FIFA when I stuck the disc in. :)

Scratch that, I'm playing as Tranmere now and there's no Ian Moore so I'm assuming ... well, I don't know what the hell the update was for. :eh:

Just tried dad's copy of FIFA and he was asked for an update as well, but apart from two lagless matches (which is probably a coincidence) I can't see any difference.

If I go to "DOWNLOAD SQUAD FILE" the game sits there for five minutes and then disconnects itself from the EA servers, does this happen for anyone else? Perhaps they're preparing it for the squad update or something.

Last edited:

You have to sim each game 1 by 1. It doesnt always work out though, I tried a few times as the favourite teams in a few leagues and when you sim it you basically let the cpu guess a result, its really fucking annoying

what I do is choose the league then you can edit all the teams to whoever you like. Premier league for example, I put barcelona in and all english league two teams and I won it no probs

I played StuartCulli off these forums last night, we had a great match:

Sunderland 3-3 Newcastle AET
Newcastle win 13-12 on penalties

Sadly I was Sunderland! :( Cracking game though, and only 1 penalty missed out of 25!!!

No patch here either yet mate.

Not that it'll be bothering me. This game has pissed me off to the extreme today. I've played 4 games today, online rankers, W1 L3. Every one of the 4 was a fucking cunt :mad:. I'm taking a break from ranked matches for a while and only playing in the EW League or mini leagues. The people on here get fucking duller by the minute :(.

They're all just losers who pick Barcelona, pass to Henry and Ronaldinho, fly down the wing using the knock on for every single touch, and every goal is a cutback.

Yeah I have noticed that, I hack them down if they try it. I usually break Henry's leg in the first few minutes.

You know what would be good? Downloadable classic teams. Give us United '99, the unbeaten Gunners, England '66, the Busby Babes. I wouldn't mind paying $1 a team if they were well done.

Back
Top Bottom