FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I am the opposite, I prefer single player. There are too many people using Barcelona online and it is WAY too unresponsive. PES is better online in my opinion, it flows better and the players actually shoot when I press the button, not 10 seconds later.

They're not as inbeatable as they are in PES though. You can't just run down the pitch with one fast player.

this game is incredible online, screw playing against AI, this game gives me a feeling and experience Pro E/WE never ever gave me. It seems I am pretty awesome though as I am murdering people at this game :D

Might be the skills I picked up with the tortorous cheating AI in winning eleven, I guess I just learnt to never give the ball away and take nay opening or chance I get to score a goal. PES kinda forced you to play that way to beat the bullshit builtin scripts.

i now must honestly say that this game is incredible OFFLINE.
because in my 3rd season of MM with the same team, it's WE/PES-like, but more realistic looking!!! squash all the noise about slow player response. it's all about building up your teamwork [edit: 'team chemistry'] rating, and maxing out your management upgrades.

i have all my upgrades maxed out to 10, except for 'stadium' [edt: 'stadium manager'] which is currently at 5. on professional mode, it's akin to 6* or superstar difficulty on PES. except that with my fitness management so good, i can practically field the same line-up week-in, week-out! okay, so my subs don't get much exp, but with both my negotiaton and scout levels at 10, i can sign players who are a few OVR points better! :)

Last edited:

This game is really awesome Online !!
I love playing some guys who love the challenges like playing with average teams.
But very frustrating when some guys take Barcelona or Chelsea once you took a 3 stars team.
Barcelona is like Inter in PES6...

If i find myself faced with Barcelona then I think "crap kid who's never played the game before" and often I win.

I seem to have a very average record online though - if i don't get myself warmed up with at least one game versus the CPU then I usually struggle for a bit.

I can't enjoy it the same offline now - love the challenge of beating randoms.

Beat some italian the other day 7-0 as Liverpool against his AC Milan. He had 2 players sent off!

If i find myself faced with Barcelona then I think "crap kid who's never played the game before" and often I win.

Very true, it's either crap newbie, or complete cunt who just cares about his rank and is Barcelona every match and is just going to do cutbacks and crosses all match.

And from my experience, it's just not worth taking the risk :)

I had a good night on FIFA last night, was unbeaten :) Played 3 randoms I think, and won all 3, and played about 3 or 4 mini MLS matches and won them too :D

Could be a different story tonight though if the EW CL Quarter Finals get going...

Tim, we need to play some ranked matches online, or just some matches. I need to get better. I must have played about 20 games online last night. 9 of them being in the MLS league. I am really starting to like the online games. I neverw play single player anymore.

Nah I never play single player either! Well, except Manager Mode, but that is 2 player co-op :)

I'll be around tonight mate if you wanna play :)

I owe you a beating Mr B so I will also be online tonight

I wanna play a few friendlies with some of the Evo Web Lads. Who is up for it? Plus a laugh at me on the headset when you see how shite I am!

I'll have some time this weekend, it'd be fun to get a few games in with the evoweb fellas...

(I'm ~8 hours behind most of you folks)

Okay, I play against Barca and they are fucking unbeatable!

I play with them and they become a fucking pub team!

BOLLOCKS!!

This game is really awesome Online !!
I love playing some guys who love the challenges like playing with average teams.
But very frustrating when some guys take Barcelona or Chelsea once you took a 3 stars team.

I've noticed when you play unranked games some people are less reluctant to play with the big teams, i've had some cracking premiership games that i've really,really enjoyed. Saying that, i've come against some humble souls that are obviously playing with the team they love and i get some Cracking City vs. whoever games...i normally add those guys afterwards & go on to have better games.

The people that are constantly the big teams are annoying, i try and use a smaller team to see if i can beat them tho.

When you first login, you setup your favourite team. Can this be changed?
Basically I'm a Liverpool fan from Cardiff but also a Cardiff fan so I want to change my selection to Cardiff. I looked but didn't find a way to do it.

I always am a lesser team when somebody picks Barca or Man U etc. It makes it all the better when I win :)

Hence why my record is 65 won and 64 lost or something like that :lol:

But I get more fun out of it. most of my games I lose through penalties though - which is a pain in the arse!!

I would rather have the draw.

I'm never gonna be ranked!! I will always have the line there instead of a number :(

It seems hard to break into the top 10,000 at the moment. CW has been on a few good runs but still he's unranked! I fluctuate around the 1800 rank, with my lowest being 2500ish and highest being 1500ish.

Back
Top Bottom