FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I'm really trying to get back into FIFA since PES is terrible this year.

However, I'm finding it difficult post-patch to find a good difficulty level - before World Class was manageable, but now - it's harder and seems to be more cheating. What is the level you lot are playing on?

Pro, any higher and it's a waste of time.

Occasionally I'll switch to semi-pro if it's getting too cheaty.

THe more I play, the more I feel that half the game is luck. What I mean is, sometimes, all you need is that lucky bounce off a player that you cant control because the gameplay is so bad, then when the ball gets past you, you cant run to it faster than the attacker because once again the gameplay is so terrible. It just feels like the programming was done so bad, and there is sometiems little control. It just seems that the defender should take the ball easily sometimes, and I guess the physics programing is crappy also, so the ball does some weird things and your player cant stop it, and the attacker gets to keep going. I feel its a huge problem with the game. Have not played PES 2008, so I cannot compare the two though.
THere are of course many more problems, but i am sure they have all been hashed out, no need to ramble on.

So would you say for Manager mode to keep it safe and be on Semi-Pro? I will try a couple of exhibitions with Pro. Thank you for the quick response.

pro is good for manager mode. it's challenging and different teams are clearly variable to play. semipro is too easy (for me). in world class and legendary the cpu is just unreal. even 2nd div teams play perfect possesion football and hardly make any mistakes (if none)...

plus you just cannot get past an oppenent with a simple feint (not the trick-stick-dancing-stuff), in pro you can. with a bit of practice and the right player, you can dribble trough entire defenses from time to time just like in pes back in the days. ;)

Went down from WC to pro recently as I couldnt score anymore. So finally played a couple of matches yesterday (first time since 21dec) and used the tips you guys gave. Worked a treat.

First match I was away at Boro for a QF League cup match. They were the better team and I couldnt get through their defense and lost 2-0. Then had two away matches at chelsea and manu. Won both of them. Against chelsea I was comfortable but wasnt making many chances, then just before HT Torres managed to get the better of the defender, sprint past and I slotted in home. It stayed 1-0 till the 70min when one of their defenders kept possesion for too long and torres could intercept and run through to slot it past cech. Managed to finish the game off in the last couple of min. with 2 goals to make it 0-4 to me, Liverpool. 2nd away match at manu was different, was hanging on for most of the match with manu having quite a few corners and possesion. This time I managed to et a goal at about the 50min mark, a high trhoug ball from torres found gerrard, who ran on to it and tapped it past vd sar. Manu continued to attack and then in the last couple of min I again managed to score a couple to make it 3-0. Means Im now 1st, 1 point ahead of manu after 21 games.

Will give it some more time to see if I should put it back up to WC as those two games were generally too easy, boro was tough though. My problem before was scoring, I was keeping the run trigger pressed in when shooting and the goalies nearly always saved them. Now I slow down and tap it past them. Worked at Pro so hopefully I can manage it at WC as defensively Im prety solid. Although saying that the last couple of games I played at WC they only got 2 chances/shots and scored both of them :(

I am currenty playing on pro as Wolves - in my second season (too many draws in the 1st season to even think about promotion).
Currently 8 pts clear at the top with a game in hand (after 38 or so matches), still in the FA Cup and won the league cup.

Still using the default players - spent all my money on upgrading staff and the few players i have tried to sign have declined!

My plan was to ramp it up a level at the start of next season but am a bit worried it will start to cheat. On pro i really don't see much in the way of cheating. I always used to get annoyed at PES when you would absolutely batter the opponent and not score and you just knew that they would score with 5 mins left.

On fifa i don't seem to get this - if i am battering the opponent i will normally get at least 1 or 2 goals and even though the opposition may get a lot of pressure/corners etc i can usually hold out.

I'm going to finish the season and try it on world class - just hope it doesn't become cheaty because for the first time in ages i am actually enjoying the single player part of a football game.

Nice one tik :)

I scored a lovely goal yesterday playing on an online ranker. I was Charlton, away at Hearts, the match finished 1-1 and went to extra time. I got a free kick deep out wide, about 45 yards out. Jerome Thomas was stood on it, I wanted Reid, but weirdly it wouldn't switch. So I took it with Thomas, whipped it in hard with plenty of dip and a bit of bend, a defender rose to head it, but it was too high and dipped over him, right into the path of Iwelumo, who smashed it first time on the volley! Went straight down the middle and the GK could only get a hand to it, (it probably broke his hand!), and it powered through him into the net for the win! :D

I must say I'm a bit confused now. Before the patch I was on WC and loved the game - one the patch came out WC became harder and unrealistic; so I put down the gamef or about a month. Just last night I played several matches on WC and Pro. I was absolutely dominated on Pro but WC was completely different. I consider myself a pretty good defender, but I could not do a thing on Pro to stop chances. On WC it felt challenging, but not cheating. The AI made mistakes dribbling and passing - their attacks were not linear (wing play).

But with all the good things I hear about Pro, I get confused. I'm trying to get back into my Leeds United journal

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.php?t=53136

but would love to figure out Pro or WC before hand.

I must say I'm a bit confused now. Before the patch I was on WC and loved the game - one the patch came out WC became harder and unrealistic; so I put down the gamef or about a month. Just last night I played several matches on WC and Pro. I was absolutely dominated on Pro but WC was completely different. I consider myself a pretty good defender, but I could not do a thing on Pro to stop chances. On WC it felt challenging, but not cheating. The AI made mistakes dribbling and passing - their attacks were not linear (wing play).

But with all the good things I hear about Pro, I get confused. I'm trying to get back into my Leeds United journal

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.php?t=53136

but would love to figure out Pro or WC before hand.

I'm impressed with what you did in your journal, looks very nice. Wish I had the patience to do something like this. Good on Ya mate :)

Yeah great journal Matt10! Leeds 1-1 Forest... really??? Can't wait till feb when we play them for real!

^Thanks guys :) Thankfully it only takes about 30-45 mins to update everytime, so no significant lost time. I've thought about posting here, but there isn't anywhere I think I could.

I played the Forest game on WC - I wonder what it would've been on Pro (You see my dilemma now?)

Post it in the FIFA 08 Manager Mode thread mate, we'd be more than happy to have it here :)

And what an amazing journal :applause: Great stuff mate, really well done :salute:

How can you record from your 360 in such good quality by the way?

Pro is the perfect difficulty - semi is too easy and world class is ridiculously scripted.

I only play manager mode so I know my stuff :)

Post it in the FIFA 08 Manager Mode thread mate, we'd be more than happy to have it here :)

And what an amazing journal :applause: Great stuff mate, really well done :salute:

How can you record from your 360 in such good quality by the way?

Thanks Tim - I will do so when I get off work :P

I am on the PS3, used to own a 360 but had to sell it last year :( - anyway it is connected composite via my tv tuner card, then using dscaler I record, although I'm having trouble sinec I reformated :(

Cool, knew it was connected directly to your PC, just wondered which via which cable! Cheers for the reply mate.

I want to find a good way to record from 360 to PC. The best way will obviously be a tv tuner card. I don't think they can work with laptops though can they? Unless I get an external one, but are they any good?

Tim, i think tv tuners with laptops are hard to come by - but I could be mistaken. I will ask around and see what I come up with as I've been seeking the same answer for when I go out of town.

I think I will be posting the journal in its own thread if that is okay - I dont want clog the Manager Mode thread as it is a very good read.

There is a USB TV tuning kit available, seen it several times. It's supposed to be quite decent, but after going through three TV cards around 2000 I will never touch one ever again. The quality has always been shockingly bad, I find, unless you take a picture and then shrink it to a quarter of the size.

After CW's persuasion and seeing the results of using a VGA cable, I can say FIFA looks 10x better with it. £19.99 and worth every penny :)

Tim, i think tv tuners with laptops are hard to come by - but I could be mistaken. I will ask around and see what I come up with as I've been seeking the same answer for when I go out of town.
Thank you :)

JB said:
There is a USB TV tuning kit available, seen it several times. It's supposed to be quite decent, but after going through three TV cards around 2000 I will never touch one ever again. The quality has always been shockingly bad, I find, unless you take a picture and then shrink it to a quarter of the size.
Yea, I dabbled with a USB one and a PCI one a few years ago, lessons were learned, and this time I am going to do it properly and pay more money for better quality equipment.

Kev said:
After CW's persuasion and seeing the results of using a VGA cable, I can say FIFA looks 10x better with it. £19.99 and worth every penny :)
Good lad :)

I should really work for M$, touring the UK with that cable and making people see the light :)

Just so I know, who was it who told you and about ten others to get the VGA cable in the first place CW?

Oh yeah, it was me. Enjoy your high-quality gaming.

:)

Just so I know, who was it who told you and about ten others to get the VGA cable in the first place CW?

Oh yeah, it was me. Enjoy your high-quality gaming.

:)

Yes but are you touring and showing people the light?

;)

I find it hilarious how DJ fails to understand jokes :lol:

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
DJ: "What was it doing on a road?"

cabb2bffb0.jpg

Proof of mine and Kevs demolition of some guy and his mate on Live earlier :)

Back
Top Bottom