FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Oh my God, I had such a laugh playing in the online league that I decided to play a ranked game (something I hate because you just get cutbacking chipping bellends).

He picks Barcelona, obviously. I pick Arsenal. I'm 2-0 up, 70 minutes in, and I'm disconnected from the EA server.

Seriously not happy with what's going on at Microsoft at the moment. Somebody needs shooting. Several times. In the face. With a sawn-off shotgun. Until their face has been made into a trillion tiny pieces invisible to the naked eye. And I want to be the one who does it.

You could have played me mate - I was hanging around, playing the odd random game from 11pm thru to 2:30am.

Went on a great run of wins until the booze and tiredness got the better of me and I played a lazy game and lost 1-0.

I had a quality random ranker last night:

FK 1.Brno 2-4 FK Teplice

:D Both Czech teams and both 1 an a half stars rated! Was good though. Took me a while to adjust to playing with Teplice, its good how you have got to be so much more definite about what you're gonna do when you get the ball when you're a small team!

I had a quality random ranker last night:

FK 1.Brno 2-4 FK Teplice

:D Both Czech teams and both 1 an a half stars rated! Was good though. Took me a while to adjust to playing with Teplice, its good how you have got to be so much more definite about what you're gonna do when you get the ball when you're a small team!

Thought you would have been used to that with Charlton
:D

Tim we have just Signed Danny Mills, was he any good for your lot?

Ah thats Ok then

i would rather have a dirty good player than a clean shit one ;)

Mills? :lmao:

Rubbish player, never liked the guy. VERY VERY dirty, imagine Savage as a right back. Actually, Savage is decent but just as dirty.

You should sign Alan Hutton ;)

I have seen as much as him as you and he aint a rubbish player at all

as you say, you have never liked the guy so would say hes shite :)

But then I've never liked the guy because he's shite, you see ;)

I just beat a guy 2 - 0 he was Man U I was Guadalajara!! He quit in the 90th minute!

I never get the result recorded when people quit - I never have done and its really pissing me off. If I got a 3 -0 win anyway I wouldn't mind. But the quiters seem to be getting the result completely canceled - its disgraceful!!!

I have checked my last played games and when ever somebody quits it never gets recorded!!

BASTARDS.

I sent the guy a message saying that I humiliated him - the little Cunt!!! I HATE FUCKING QUITTERS!!!!

There is a new bastard offspring of the Barca Bumboy.

Barca Bumboy Quitters.

Just owned one of them with Preston \\:o/

So if a guy leaves during 2nd half it may be because of the network this week ? Coz today I was leading easily during 3 matches and the guys were connected. I was pissed off because it's hard for me win before PKs. One thing I don't undertsand is how points are earned. Even if I win a good player in a ranked game, I always have less points than him...:(

So if a guy leaves during 2nd half it may be because of the network this week ? Coz today I was leading easily during 3 matches and the guys were connected. I was pissed off because it's hard for me win before PKs. One thing I don't undertsand is how points are earned. Even if I win a good player in a ranked game, I always have less points than him...:(

If your winning by a few and you are on Ranked games - more than likely they disconnected on purpose the cheating little Wankers!!!!

Or if it is coming to the end and you are winning and then it discinnects then its the same.

...The thing is though, I COULDN'T WIN A DAMN HEADER TO SAVE MY LIFE - on offense or defense.

Anyone else having complete trouble with that..?! I can't count the number of times my players were spot on to head it, but let it fall to their chest, then their feet, before doing anything with the ball.

My opponents, OTOH, didn't seem to have much problem with headers - one of 'em even scored a cracker with his head, and they had a number of headers they couldn't keep down, but at least they were up and winning balls.

Tips? Thoughts...? Or should I just drink more beer..?...
...15 replies later, anyone have any advice..? ;)

You have to position your player with the jostle button I think its called. On new Alternative it is LB on the controller.

You keep hold of it and get into the right postion - try and get in front of the player and keep your finger on the header button. I usually press the header button just before I get into position.

Hope that helps.

Or if it is coming to the end and you are winning and then it discinnects then its the same.

Ok. But I want my ranking points :( ! EA can't know when people disconnects on purpose ?
I lost 1 hour with this games and I did it for nothing because it was not even fun.

Don't press button when want to actually head it as this will be too late - instead time it as pressing the button when you want to jump - i.e. press the button at the same point you would get ready to push off the ground in real life.

Think of it as a jump button rather than a heading button (especially in defence)

Hope this helps.

Don't press button when want to actually head it as this will be too late - instead time it as pressing the button when you want to jump - i.e. press the button at the same point you would get ready to push off the ground in real life.

Think of it as a jump button rather than a heading button (especially in defence)

Hope this helps.

Thanks fellas. Jumping online now, and I'll give it a go...

is he gonna sit on the bench like your other signings, i still cant beleive felihaber hasnt been given a chance, he is quality

No becuase we only have about 15 fit players and our left back is out for 4 months after Kevin Davies nailed him on Wednesday.

Feilhaber has came on as sub for the last 4-5 games, so i dont think the manager thinks he is starting material yet

I have a question.
Is it possible that EA Sports will include in their next squad update players that aren't currently in the game?
Like Tamir Cohen for example that moved from a team in Israel to Bolton.

I have a question.
Is it possible that EA Sports will include in their next squad update players that aren't currently in the game?
Like Tamir Cohen for example that moved from a team in Israel to Bolton.

Yes, that should happen. EA are going to release another patch/update at the beginning of February to update the squads with the January transfer window I believe :).

has anyone at EA ever mentioned the reason as to why custom formations aren't allowed online?

Sometimes this game can be amazing and produce some good matches. But ive just played a match in my Italian League which has just pissed me off. All players are sluggish and took too long to control the ball (and that is when im NOT using the sprint button to get the ball) The CPU can make the most dubious slide tackles on me and NEVER gets a free kick against it! I did a few really good tackles and took the ball cleanly and Free kick!!!?? What the hell? From one of them a shot hit the bar and Conveniently bounced to one of their strikers who put it in.... I had a shot which their goalie saved and ammazingly from the follow up Suazo hit the post!!! I wanted to play a short pass to someone stood directly in front of me.... the CPU decides I am going to pass it to someone stood miles away!

Sometimes I love this game but today ive started hating it again!

Bit of a strange one. Was playing Fifa online the other night. I had changed broadband provider on Xmas eve. Had only played a couple of games since then but it seemed fine.
Fired it up the other night and the game seemed to be playing in slow motion - not lag as such but it just seemed like the pitch was made of treacle. Played a few games and they were all like that.
Checked my internet connection and it seemed fine - much faster up and download than my last isp and pings about the same. I just couldn't understand what the problem was.
Then it occurred to me the other change since i had played previously was that i got a playstation eye for xmas and it was still plugged in. Unplugged it and hey presto back to normal. So just a quick heads up if anyone is having a similar problem.

Hmmm , Its clear this game has scripts in single player like PES but my mate says theirs scripts in multiplayer aswell is their scripts in multiplayer aswell with FIFA?

Back
Top Bottom