FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Hi there, I just wanted some advice on fifa 08 please. For those of you that have it, and have had it since launch. Is it still as enjoyable to play? Or has boredom kicked in? Do different players feel different or are they just simply faster? I know there are always sweet spots in football games but are there as manya s pro evo?
I have given up with pro evo this year and am tempted to pick up fifa. In the past pro evo normally lasted until the next one, this years has lasted a few weeks :shock:
Anyway I'm really tempted by fifa but just have a few concerns above, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

FIFA08 still draws me in EVERY opportunity I get to play Xbox360, the game's awesome :).

For those of you that have it, and have had it since launch. Is it still as enjoyable to play? Or has boredom kicked in?

Not even close to boring, I just passed 300 matches in my manager mode career, that's 300x two 10 min halves so that's 100 hours of matches :)

Do different players feel different or are they just simply faster?

Some are faster, some are stronger, some are more agile, some have nice trait behaviours which affect play meaningfully (for example Sodje is an attacker that pulls off to the left wing from time to time a la Henry).........

Yep, Placebo is right :D When I play Manager Mode with Atletico Madrid, I play against Barcelona and get hardly any time or space on the ball, the next match in the league is Getafe, and I have so much more time and space, as the Getafe players aren't as good as the Barcelona players, it's so realistic.

There are some teams with a much harder work ethic and close you down all over the pitch such as Sunderland and Bolton that can make them really tough to play against and do well, certainly other teams for example Man City and Newcastle I find are quite happy to let me play open, flowing, passing football and as a result I tend to get better results against them :)

Can anyone tell me what italian divisions are in the game? my team is in c1, which is the english second division, you think it is in the game?? cheers

Yeah, this game does suck you in, even when you consistently get your ass handed to you on a silver platter! Good clean fun!

PS. I am having a hell of a time winning headers in this game? Especially clearing from opposing corner kicks...

Why is manager mode so ridiculously hard even on Pro level? I dominate games but can't score then they score in one attack. Even when I play teams like Barnsley in the FA Cup in manager mode with Arsenal.

One thing that has become more apparent over my time playing FIFA 08 is that, whilst I can tell the difference between individual players versus the CPU, every time seems to feel (and play) the same. If I put SWOS on I will struggle against the top six and have good games against the rest, on FIFA I will either beat everyone (semi-pro) or get beat by everyone (pro).

I said before the game was released that this was one of my biggest worries, because it's been like that in FIFA since 2002. But I find myself lowering the difficulty in FA Cup matches so that I'm not having even games against Macclesfield, and putting it back up again for league matches.

The only critical problem I have with the game is the cheats in single player. I don't understand that fashion in sports games to always try to balance the score. Just like in a basketball game your opponent will score 3 pointers when needed, regardless of position, accuracy, individual stats... Fifa is just a marvellous game spoiled by the obvious cheats. When you constantly shoot more than 10 times and have only 2 or 3 shots against EVERY MATCH and yet, your scoring percentage is ALWAYS like three or four times lower than any other team you play against, you know you're being "balanced". It happens all the time and the worst of all is that... it is not necessary. The game would be ten times better if CPU players relayed more on passing and using the famous "threat map" and not by having SCRIPTED crosses, scripted HEADERS and altered stats and blocking and altering your own stats and actions. It's sad how developers fall for the cheap approach. It's the same shit we've had all this years in PES, copied to death. It was not necessary. Having this cheats again in fifa 09 would be very bad news.

I'm of the opinion that theres shouldn't be any difficulty levels in a football game. There should be only one way the CPU plays, and perform depending on the stats of the team and players in the field. Then, if you want it to be easy, play Barcelona against Accrington. You want it hard, you play Cadiz against Valencia. You want it extremely hard? You take China and play against Argentina. I can't stand another game where away matches are harder by default. Isn't it stupid to be all the year working in a game to make it more realistic, and at the end, put all the cheats that only make the game flat and mechanic?

I know we're talking about very advanced AI there, but I would prefer them spending hours on developing that AI than putting cheats and adjusting difficulty levels (task consisting exclusively in trying different numbers in a config file that defines if the CPU will cheat more or less during a match).

In multiplayer, the game shines. The best football game I've ever played. Had never lived so intense 0-0 matches. And yes, well, there are tons of things to improve.

Yeah, this game does suck you in, even when you consistently get your ass handed to you on a silver platter! Good clean fun!

PS. I am having a hell of a time winning headers in this game? Especially clearing from opposing corner kicks...

Hold LT (or L2 for PS3) while heading. That should help.

Was somethnig up with the servers last night?

Scored my best Fifa goal.

Ribery skinned about 5 players jinking down the left, got just before the left hand by-line and hit a driven cross along the floor to Toni. Pressed and held shoot, and Toni flicked the ball off his right instep, and heeled it in at pace with his left foot.

Like Nolans at the weekend but with the first touch, much quicker and far slicker.

Couldnt save it so made my girlfriend appreciate it from about 5 different angles.

Gutted

:lmao: Fucking class mate, and well done for subjecting your missus to it - a moral victory for us all! :D

I always have a problem playing against Balckburn for some reason (I thought it was partly due to the fact I was getting 1-3 players sent off per game against them because I kept trying to murder Robbie Savage but I've since stopped that. Mostly.). They are my freaking bogey team. Bloody hate them.

Can I just clear something up, as I had an argument about this with some guy last night.

At the moment, if your playing in a ranked match and your opponent quits, do you get a win or not? I was under the impression you didn't, hence why I haven't played a ranked match in days thats actually finished (the opponent quitting everytime, not me).

if its after 15mins on the game clock and your opponent pauses and quits, then yes you would get the win. If your opponent pulls the plug on his Internet connection then you usually get the win, but a couple of times you may not.

I was playing a random ranker yesterday and he was 1-0 up then I scored in the 82nd and 85th mins, then he just paused it an quit! I got the win :)

Back
Top Bottom