FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Yeah, otherwise you can't play online in any game. Everyone needs the update.

The problem I'm having started the night before the update though, if that helps.

Only started getting my issues since the update. Have seen other people reporting the dashboard not showing the marketplace and gamertag screen (instead showing the glowing circle while it's doing something) and some other reports of scores being deleted from peoples gamertags.

I imagine there'll be a bugfix shortly, or at least I hope so.

Aha, it's not just me, THANK GOD. No users can currently get online in FIFA, apparently. But, read on.

EA have fully acknowledged and accepted responsibility for the problem, by which I mean they've shifted the blame to Microsoft and are expecting results over the "next few hours" (we'll see). This even covers problems with Call Of Duty 4, apparently!

SEE HERE (post #11 onwards).

Unfortunately there is a problem with some of Microsofts game servers. They are aware of the problem and have been trying to fix it for the last few hours. Hopefully service will be back to normal soon. When I have more info I will post it.

Yep, its officially fuckered

"An Xbox Live membership limitation does not allow you to use this feature."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

Stupid question from a stupid person here - I get this ALL the time on FIFA08 (I don't have a gold memembership or anything) then 2 Saturday's ago I booted FIFA up and heard a live Pod cast from FIFA - so I quickly tried the odd 5v5 game and also 3 or 4 unranked matches and found that I could get to live games.

My stupid question is:

Do you have to have a Gold membership to play online and to get the squad updates?
If so, how the feck did I manage to get online that one Saturday and how come I can't anymore?

They had a free Gold weekend to try and entice people to sign up for Gold membership.

Yes, you need Gold membership to play online and get squad updates.

They had a free Gold weekend to try and entice people to sign up for Gold membership.

Yes, you need Gold membership to play online and get squad updates.

Thanks for coming back to me mate.

Damn, wish I'd known that beforehand - I'd already agreed to lend my 360 to my bro-in-law that weekend so only got the 6 or 7 games in.

Anyway, the trial worked as I've put membership on my xmas list to my wife!

Hope to see you all around sometime after xmas day!

EDIT (If it's working again by then!)

LOL.
So I started a league with Fulham and am getting blasted on the pitch. 0-4-0
I have about 7 goals against and one goal for on an own goal!
Is anyone else having a hard time transitioning to FIFA from Winning Eleven?
Hella frustrating so far.

The one game I have won since playing FIFA overall, Australia over Italy, 1-0!

hey =]
I'm thinking about buying FIFA 08 (I have PES too) =]
What are the game lengths that I can choose there? (or is it half length? I can't remember).
And how is the online? the online isn't laggy, right?

When the ea servers are working, online is perfect. It is half lengths you choose,and I think the options are 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 15, 20, 30

Manual, semi, or Assisted, which do you prefer?

So I got the Demo for FIFA 08, and its an ok game, the controls are slow and not that responsive, which really bugs me, but otherwise nothing to terrible and glaring that stands out. Just a question for everyone, I have fooled around with the passing and shooting, but I was wondering which people use most and in online, manual, semi or assisted setting for passing and shooting and through ball (through ball having only manual or assisted). Which does everyone think best or works best for them?

For anyone who ends up in the same boat I was in, where trying to play certain bits of FIFA online brings up a "Xbox Live limitation" error message...

Turns out FIFA flips out if you fiddle with your privacy settings. I don't like listening to all the wankers on Xbox Live so I switched "text and voice" to "friends only". Makes CoD4 ten times better, but makes FIFA's online leagues throw a wobbly.

Blimey, was that the actual problem JB? That's a shocker :( At least you are now back up and running and ready to go!

How did you find that out Jack? I've got my settings set the same (only friends audible) so I'll see if I have issues with 5v5 later.

Maybe thats the cause of everyones problems with FIFA.....

How did you find that out Jack? I've got my settings set the same (only friends audible) so I'll see if I have issues with 5v5 later.
My nephew rang and said only his friends could hear him during a game of something. I got half-way through saying "have you been playing with your privacy settings" and I just stopped and said "I DON'T BELIEVE IT, I bet that's what is wrong with FIFA". I realised that I'd been having problems since playing CoD4 last, which was the night before I couldn't get into the online leagues (or 5v5). So I put it back to "everyone" and it worked.

If I buy a NTSC version of the game (PS3), but I have PAL PS3 and I live in Europe, so I want to play on Europe servers, I can do that, right?

Back
Top Bottom