FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I too love stuff like that Placebo! Makes each individual match you play so much more enjoyable.

One thing that annoys me is that every club sings "We've won it 5 times", which is a bloody Liverpool chant!

Haha yeah, I get that chant playing as Tranmere! The only thing they won 5 times is corners!

Haha yeah, I get that chant playing as Tranmere! The only thing they won 5 times is corners!

And it probably took them 7 matches to win them ;)

Yeah the "generic chants" really aren't generic at all, EA need to work on that one, it's all well and good using "England's no1" as a generic chant, I can tell myself it's for Lee Grant or Richard Wood or even Franny Jeffers, but when they're singing "rafa, rafae, rafa, rafae, rafa, rafae, rafael benitez" during Sheffield Wednesday v Reading it's a bit off ;)

The crowd reaction is poor IMO. Rest of the game is good apart from the response but there is very little realism in the crowd behaviour and it is distracting, especially when the crowd are sometimes right behind the net.

I also wish there was a bit more pace to the ball in passing.

But all in all still enjoying it.

Playing 5v5 last night, Liverpool v Arsenal and the crowd booed Gilberto. Why?

Usually it's if an away team player is holding on to the ball, the home team will boo him.......

I'm hopeful they will improve the crowd reactions and there will be logic incorporated to boo players you sold when you meet them again and to boo players who foul your players and get booked or injure one of your players, things like that will really add to the atmosphere :)

I thought they were booing Gilberto because he fouled a player but I'm pretty sure he didn't. And it was everytime he got the ball, even when he didn't hold on for long. Nice touch but a curious one.

LOL I think I'm one of the few people in the world that really loves all that, I love anything that gives each club a little flavour and atmosphere, IMO watching Pompey home matches is really special for a neutral :)

Saying that I also did like the Hillsboro band (now the England band) and most Owls fans really hated them :)

I'm with you on that. I love watching Pompey home matches. I watch their home matches just for the crowd chants. So that makes 2 of us.

So has anyone else confirmed that moving the slider about changes the amount of chants?

I played Sheff Wed v Charlton in manager mode and they booed Bougherra's every touch! It was quality

Just saw this on the EA forums, probably useful to some who care about such things......

How to assign boots to players without having to unlock the boots first.....

Hey there guys, i just discovered something about the boots in "edit player" screen. You can actually choose any boots for any player without actually buying them in the fan shop.
All you have to do is select the player you want, go to boots and choose the pair you want, and leave that pair highlighted by the white bar and press start to "save and exit". and there you go, the player is wearing those boots

Me neither, it's really lame IMO, we have achievements to earn if we're anal about shit like that so why restrict us from having access to third kits and boots and stuff? Really dumb.

The kits are too expensive, it's ridiculous. And seeing as you can't really earn points to buy stuff from playing online it's a complete shambles :(

Going back to the "improved or not improved" debate since the last update.I do now seem to get random night and day matches in a season without needing to change any settings in kick-off mode.Anyone else confirm this?My default settings are for daytime matches but over the last few days I have had several night league matches.Strange.

What happened to that guy who was supposed to get us a definate answer?

The kits are too expensive, it's ridiculous. And seeing as you can't really earn points to buy stuff from playing online it's a complete shambles :(

Are you sure you don't earn points from playing online? I think I have. I went from about 3000 to 12,000 points while I believe I was only playing online.

I very much doubt it, it's a way of rigging/match-fixing games really.

What happened to that guy who was supposed to get us a definate answer?

Still waiting patiently :)

Going back to the "improved or not improved" debate since the last update.I do now seem to get random night and day matches in a season without needing to change any settings in kick-off mode.Anyone else confirm this?My default settings are for daytime matches but over the last few days I have had several night league matches.Strange.

Hmm my default is night and I've only played night matches, last time the default was day I'm pretty sure I only played day matches.....

Was someone talking about an update for this? Something about manager mode gaemplay being better or something?

Back
Top Bottom