FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I just had another belting game on quick ranked match:

[size=+2]Charlton 2-1 Watford AET[/size]

He was attacking a lot and I was countering a lot. He deffo had the better of the match, and took the lead in the 107th minute thru me passing out a goal kick :mad: But then a magical moment where all the arena free kick training paid off - Andy Reid bends a free kick around the wall and whips it under the bar into the top left corner, past the despairing goalie in the 116th minute. I manage to muster one more attack, where some beautiful passing has led to Reid slipping in McLeod who finished tidily, slotting it in at the near post in the 120th minute!

Cue a message from him, "didnt deserve that gd game"

I thought it was a belter :D

lol well Tim the amount of times ive stolen a victory out of the jaws of defeat and had to listen to some twatty little kid hurling abuse at me! "You fuckin cheat, you should never have won that game! im telling mum!" :)

I hate abusive retards.

It was quite strange actually - my nan died about a month ago and a week after I was playing and thrashed a guy on a quick ranked match - he then sent me a message saying "I hope your nan dies!!"

Very odd and because of the timing was totally out of order. I sent one back saying;

"my nan is already dead and she still plays Fifa better than you - you prick!!"

Why do people have to be such arseholes - I know he was probably 10 years old, I hope he was anyway :) but it still pisses me off and I am a grown man.

Anyway

EDIT: I didn't see your post Bobby. What a tosser :( You done him up proper though with your reply!

Yeah, mate, it's fuckin funny ain't it when people get pissed off :D

At the end of the day though, I think I did deserve to win it, he was all over me, but A. I defended very well and B. He couldn't take any of his chances! I get two and score both, so... How do you like them apples!!! :mryellow:

Last edited:

Finally been won around and picked this up today!

Spotted it in Comet and having only played the demo I thought I'd give a quick go at a local Stoke vs Vale derby...

amazing, commentators talking about the potteries derby, announching all the player names.

Gameplay has come on so much from the demo, soooo many animations and I have to say everything but the dribbling is faultless!

I'm glad you finally picked it up, but I'm so tempted to drag up your rants about FIFA from before.:applause:;)

Go for it, I thought the demo played like shit, I played only as Barca on it but they felt wrong like in FIFA 07. Bayern were a bit better.

The full game feels like a completely different game to the demo.

I'm only messing with ya I'm glad and trust me it only gets better from here once you get to grips even dribbling is possible.

Well with Tim throwing a sickie from work and me having an official day off we decided to start a joint manager mode on this and so far it seems to be going okay.

We decided to go Spanish and for a bit of a challenge went for Atletico Madrid.

So far we have played 11. Won 5, Drawn 2 and Lost 4.

Out first goal in the league was against Almeria, in a game that we won 2-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZfPTcV4BIM

We were well happy with a 1-1 draw Vs Real Madrid an all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQcrJHotj1A

Our biggest win so far came against a team of donkey herders, winning 5-0. Our 4th was this wonder FK by Simao that bent round the wall and past the keeper before he could do anything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3exVk8xKJQ

Hopefully we will keep you updated as the season rolls on for us

Class :)

But in the wrong thread you prat! :D

Oh yeah, and it wasn't a complete sickie, I have been feeling rough all week and was this morning too.

So I don't have the game yet (no 360/PS3 =[), but there's only one thing I'm worried about. I've seen quite a few goals from long range where the goalie has been out of the 6 yard box and it just flies over him into the net. Does this happen as often as it seems?

Applause for Nick, never easy to eat your words, well done :)

EA finally responded to the repeated request for confirmation of what the 5v5 update included in terms of tweaks and fixes and such:

VancouverBlade said:
I am meeting with the dev team today to get an answer to this question. This is the first chance I've had as I've spent the last two days working on some fixes which are affecting people's games.

I know this may seem like an important issue but we have to focus on reports and issues which are affecting people's ability to play the game before answering questions about a successful patch. I will post the answer from the dev team once I have this; I'm hoping I'll have it later today but it might not be until monday.

Okay, firstly you have to find a player that is from that nation, but doesn't play for the national team. Replace that player with the one you want. When you do that, he should be in free agents now. Move him to a random club, which ever. Move that player back into the national team, and then afterwards back into free agents. You'll have to start a new Manager Mode to buy that/those players. I can't get goalkeepers yet, but I'm working on it!

Was I the only one unaware that lowering the crowd chant slider in audio settings actually reduces the amount of crowd chants rather than simply reducing the volume of the crowd chants?

I'd noticed in past meetings with Pompey that their crowd was nothing like UCL which IMO set the standard as best aural simulation of a football experience, I just pushed the crowd chant slider all the way to the right and the pompey chimes were back as well as the bells and all that :)

Was I the only one unaware that lowering the crowd chant slider in audio settings actually reduces the amount of crowd chants rather than simply reducing the volume of the crowd chants?

:shock: I didn't know that!

I don't see people cheering after a goal form those nice videos?? The crowd seems to stay the same from those video, do u notice any crowd movements during gameplay or goals???

Them pompey chimes!! that bell ringing gets on my bloody nerves!

LOL I think I'm one of the few people in the world that really loves all that, I love anything that gives each club a little flavour and atmosphere, IMO watching Pompey home matches is really special for a neutral :)

Saying that I also did like the Hillsboro band (now the England band) and most Owls fans really hated them :)

Back
Top Bottom