FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

BTW I've been given access to the EA database so I'll be able to fix the errors in the Sheffield Wednesday squad ready for the January update, yay :)

I posted on the EA forums about wanting them to fix errors with the Sheffield Wednesday squad and the database producer offered to give me access to the database so I can make the suggestions directly :)

Nice one. Do you have access to more than Sheff Weds? Maybe you could fix other errors that Evo-Web people have noticed?

Oh yeah make Giles Barnes faster because he is very quick in real life, not 80 or so like fifa has it

if he leaves us in January though lower it :)

I'm not sure what I'll have access to, but once I've down the Owls squad if I feel I'll have the time I'll open an invitation for people to provide info of appearance errors in their teams, to be honest I'm not going to get involved in the stats as that's all very subjective :)

Placebo what level are you playing on now.

I started to win easily in Division 1 with Forest but dont know if it will get harder as i move up the leagues or if i should increase the difficuty level.
On Semi-Pro moved to Pro

From experience I can say it gets harder. League 1 was fairly easy. Coming into the Championship I made a few signing. I found it was a lot harder. Took two season to get promoted, and got lucky a lot in the second season. I'm currently on my 3th season in the EPL. Currently in 8th and hoping to stay there.

I'm not sure what I'll have access to, but once I've down the Owls squad if I feel I'll have the time I'll open an invitation for people to provide info of appearance errors in their teams, to be honest I'm not going to get involved in the stats as that's all very subjective :)

I reckon you should make all the Wednesday players 6'8", 20 stone freaks and see if they even notice you've done it. Would be funny if they don't and the whole world downloads it as the official update.

Will I ever grow up....

Winston, a few years ago I was on the EA database team (2000/2001, it's still on my CV although it proves useless). I changed every Tranmere player to exactly how they should be and yet when the game came out that year half the players were the same height, the same weight and all shaved-headed as well. And if I remember rightly, their rivalry was set to Blackpool or some other team that we have a petty little rivalry with. Quite how it ended up like that I have no idea but I resigned shortly afterwards...

Hargreaves, are you the member formerly known as DJ DOC?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ive uploaded a couple of goals to easportsworld, it was easy to do, but, yesterday i scored a screamer with steven gerrard, it crashed into the net off the underside of the crossbar, i thought, i`m having that little belter on the web, uploaded it, waited the couple of minutes as it uploaded, it got to 100%...then told me it had failed!!...did i want to try again!!...so...i did it twice more!!....still didnt work...any ideas folks????

Was you downloading at the time? From my experience it seems to have a very strict time out so if you're downloading/uploading for example torrents or such you should stop them first.

Don't even tempt me.

No capital should be on that second "Ha" by the way. And a capital W on the "we".

Was you downloading at the time? From my experience it seems to have a very strict time out so if you're downloading/uploading for example torrents or such you should stop them first.

No, i wasnt downloading, just playing in an offline league, but, my missus was on the internet on the laptop, we have a fast wireless connection, its never been a problem before, i play online when she is browsing, and it never causes any slowdown or lag, must just have been one of those days, bloody shame, it was a great goal.

i uploaded 2 things yesterday and it missed both of them on the replays

1 was a cheeky backheel which i have only seen twice and the other was an example of Fifas awesome deflections

Good game against Lami then :)

Reminded me of why I stopped playing in the league. The unresponsiveness of the button presses is slow anyway but online is a joke. I managed to get Sibierski clear through with a Heskey header only for the game to interpret my button press as a pass AFTER Heskey had knocked it down. Needless to say I lost the ball, and not for the first time.

Pisses me off how the lack of response is so bad playing 1v1 but 5v5 and it's fine. It doesn't make sense as surely the more 360's connected the more chance of lag. But it's clearly not the case and I get more lag in FIFA 1v1 than I do in any other XBL game.

I have said it a million times before and I'll say it again: I am yet to play a football game on Xbox Live which isn't laggy, buggy or both. In saying this, I think FIFA 08 next-gen is the best football game I have ever played in single player/against mates locally.

Back
Top Bottom