FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Yep, I make a fortune every week as Tranmere. Got £1.5m in the bank after 10 games or something silly. Gate receipts are always way higher than my wages so I'm hoping to buy a BIG name in January on my game.

Half of my Tranmere team are people nobody has heard of too, I think their CPU generated maybe? Although I have Nicos Medina up front who I'm sure I've heard of.

C.Klein is my RM (not Calvin hehe) (free transfer?)
Digao is a DC (free transfer)
Agus is a DC (free transfer)
B.Berner (spelling?) is my RB
L.Advic (spelling) is a MC (free tansfer)
Joelson is a MC (excellent player too, free transfer)

Last edited by a moderator:

I've been thinking about 'Super cancel' and that there is a sort of one in Fifa - but it don't work very well (Or it doesn't work like in PES)

I think all they need is a 'Hurry up - get a fucking move on!!' button (Thats what I shout in the game anyway). You press one button (When the player is off the ball) and it gives the player a bit of an extra boost towards the ball.

This would be good when stuck on rails, when a through ball is mid way - you could cut out of the run towards the ball.

Also when the ball is 50/50 and you can press this button to make more of an effort to get the ball - the same when the ball is going out of play and you want to keep it in.

Just a bit of extra exceleration towards the ball.

It's so annoying in alot of situations. I know, it should be called the 'Urgency' Button. Just a little bit of urgency - when a player is going to come and nick the ball that is bouncing just in front of - but you can't do fuck all about it!

Anyway - just thought I would let you know my idea. Not as good as supercancel, but is easier to implement surely?!

FIFA 08 is better than PES 2008 on 360 and PS3, and now it's official...

www.gamerankings.com

FIFA 08 - 82.5%
PES 2008 - 77.8%

PS3
FIFA 08 - 82.9%
PES 2008 - 72.0%

This is the first time EVER that PES has scored lower than a FIFA game.

The overall rankings on www.gamerankings.com are a result of review scores from every big games magazine and website from Europe and USA.

Thats because PES this year has to be one of the worst in the series.... it has gone horrible backwards. This years FIFA appears to have made BIG strides in the right direction and is an awesome game at times and it gets me out of my seat (since the patch EA Released) quite often! Ive scored some nice goals (as Ive posted before) and I really do think the game is good!

PES = Arcade, Still has the CPU assisted.... well Everything! and has introduced a Gimmick this year called TeamVision... ive seen no evidence of this at all. Konami have become the EA Sports of old and EA are becoming the Konami of old :)

www.gamerankings.com

FIFA 08 - 82.5%
PES 2008 - 77.8%

PS3
FIFA 08 - 82.9%
PES 2008 - 72.0%

The overall rankings on www.gamerankings.com are a result of review scores from every big games magazine and website from Europe and USA.

And I believe Fifa would have scored a little higher if they had the 5 v 5 mode out of the box.

Might pick this up next week, the demo's finally clicked with me.

Can someone post some pics of Stoke City in the game? Oh and some questions...

1. Do Championship clubs have all their correct kits and up to date players?
2. What are the stadiums like for Championship and League 1?
3. Do the commentators announce team and player names for lower league sides?

Last edited:

@placbo...
my "boss" producer(David Grant), still says the apperance changes wont go in the january squad update.(he said only a few will go in).

Well either there's some confusion about what's going in or maybe there is confusion insomuch as wrong foot, wrong height are being corrected for all players they receive correct info for, but appearance fixes only for the biggest few players? If they fix the height of Mark Beevers I'd be happy with that cos I can then actually start using him :)

Nick

1. Yes but not goalkeeper's kits, no idea why but none are licensed beyond the top tier of teams (that I saw).

2. A lot of championship teams play in the same stadiums, they serve a function, a few team appropriate logos in places for the home team.

3. Yes (well I've only met a few League 1 and League 2 teams so far in cups but they have the team name said and some of the players), certain teams get a proper introduction, for example the two Sheffield teams when they have the derby, Leeds get a little background info about their big decline and such.

Well either there's some confusion about what's going in or maybe there is confusion insomuch as wrong foot, wrong height are being corrected for all players they receive correct info for, but appearance fixes only for the biggest few players? If they fix the height of Mark Beevers I'd be happy with that cos I can then actually start using him :)

Nick

1. Yes but not goalkeeper's kits, no idea why but none are licensed beyond the top tier of teams (that I saw).

2. A lot of championship teams play in the same stadiums, they serve a function, a few team appropriate logos in places for the home team.

3. Yes (well I've only met a few League 1 and League 2 teams so far in cups but they have the team name said and some of the players), certain teams get a proper introduction, for example the two Sheffield teams when they have the derby, Leeds get a little background info about their big decline and such.

well lets wait and see than...and also hope my producer is wrong and all the app changes do make the update ;)

I have downloaded the update/patch for this game but still I can't for the life of me see where the improvement is that some of you guys are seeing.
Please can someone explain exactly why they feel the game is suddenly different.
I honestly cannot see any difference in goalkeepers,pace, AI or free kicks.The computer still does that insane thing of attacking down the wing and then,instead of crossing,runs back out towards the corner flag.Are you guys really convinced the game has been tweaked?

www.gamerankings.com

FIFA 08 - 82.5%
PES 2008 - 77.8%

PS3
FIFA 08 - 82.9%
PES 2008 - 72.0%

Great!

Only Konami themselves are too blame Not the consumer

I've been thinking about 'Super cancel' and that there is a sort of one in Fifa - but it don't work very well (Or it doesn't work like in PES)

I think all they need is a 'Hurry up - get a fucking move on!!' button (Thats what I shout in the game anyway). You press one button (When the player is off the ball) and it gives the player a bit of an extra boost towards the ball.

This would be good when stuck on rails, when a through ball is mid way - you could cut out of the run towards the ball.

Also when the ball is 50/50 and you can press this button to make more of an effort to get the ball - the same when the ball is going out of play and you want to keep it in.

Just a bit of extra exceleration towards the ball.

It's so annoying in alot of situations. I know, it should be called the 'Urgency' Button. Just a little bit of urgency - when a player is going to come and nick the ball that is bouncing just in front of - but you can't do fuck all about it!

Anyway - just thought I would let you know my idea. Not as good as supercancel, but is easier to implement surely?!

I hear you. But it makes no sense why you would "limit" yourself to what you are describing, when a proper supercancel would let you run anywhere, not just at the ball. I mean, if you are playing 2 players in the same team, and your player is running at the ball when your friend is in a better position to get it, you could supercancel and run to a position to get a pass from your friend instead.
Even if what you are describing gives more freedom than currently, simply implementing a Supercancel will tive you full freedom in all situations, not just in situations where you might want to get the ball and are in a position to get it with a "nudge" of the player.

Do you not agree? :)

I hear you. But it makes no sense why you would "limit" yourself to what you are describing, when a proper supercancel would let you run anywhere, not just at the ball. I mean, if you are playing 2 players in the same team, and your player is running at the ball when your friend is in a better position to get it, you could supercancel and run to a position to get a pass from your friend instead.
Even if what you are describing gives more freedom than currently, simply implementing a Supercancel will tive you full freedom in all situations, not just in situations where you might want to get the ball and are in a position to get it with a "nudge" of the player.

Do you not agree? :)

I agree a super cancel is much better - but obviously EA have a probem putting this in properly - so I'm saying this woud be very simple to put in and is better than what is at present.

If Super cancel was put in like in PES then it would be ideal

Anyone having problems playing online (PS3) tonight? Every time i boot the game up i get signed out the PSN with the error code80028ed6.

As soon as i quit out of it i am automatically signed back in - In XMB i can surf the net and download from the store etc.

I have downloaded the update/patch for this game but still I can't for the life of me see where the improvement is that some of you guys are seeing.
Please can someone explain exactly why they feel the game is suddenly different.
I honestly cannot see any difference in goalkeepers,pace, AI or free kicks.The computer still does that insane thing of attacking down the wing and then,instead of crossing,runs back out towards the corner flag.Are you guys really convinced the game has been tweaked?

FINALLY someone agrees with the stupid crossing issue!

i really love this goal made by Nery Castillo (Online game Mexico vs USA) on XBOX 360, sorry for the bad quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQpO3k4QZwI

Since I don't play FIFA09 regularly, I always find myself thinking "is this a real-world clip" when someone posts a low-res video like you did. For the first few seconds I didn't realize I was watching FIFA.

That would never happen with PES unfortunately due to the animations there being a dead giveaway. Nice goal though. :)

Since I don't play FIFA09 regularly, I always find myself thinking "is this a real-world clip" when someone posts a low-res video like you did. For the first few seconds I didn't realize I was watching FIFA.

That would never happen with PES unfortunately due to the animations there being a dead giveaway. Nice goal though. :)

I had the same thing, only when I saw the goaly i noticed it wasnt a prank but real gameplay. And at second viewing offcourse also the dummy defenders.

Placebo what level are you playing on now.

I started to win easily in Division 1 with Forest but dont know if it will get harder as i move up the leagues or if i should increase the difficuty level.
On Semi-Pro moved to Pro

Back
Top Bottom