FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Which bug? If you mean that they score 90% of freekicks that's not a bug it's just poor gameplay implementation.

But a non-pedantic answer to your question would be that people have reported that AI FK's are more realistic, I've played about 10 matches on Professional since the update and the AI hasn't scored a single freekick, rattled the crossbar twice, been close a couple of times but not scored, so it does seem better :)

Thanks for answering :)

I really hope they fixed that because it wasn't realistic AI scoring an FK or 2 in every game. I just switched to World class and lost 0-3 playing in the brazilian league.

I hope they also fix the other poor gameplay implementation (or bug :p) whenever a cross is in the box and i want to go for a header i press the button 3-4 times yet the player doesn't jump. I have to rely on the LT button alot.

As for the player switching, i tried manual switching and its a hassle really. Then tried auto switching, but only moved the slider once to the right, which is more like minimal auto switching and i found it very convenient. It is more like manual switching but during crosses in the box it auto switches to the nearest player, which is exactly what i want :)

Just popped in FIFA08 and it prompted me for another update (not the earlier 5 vs 5 update). Anyone got this? Wonder what's the update this time.

I've just put the 360 on now and put the FIFA disc in, I'm not prompted for any update. Just a PS3 thing by the looks of it.

Im doing a Valencia manager mode and can tell you that Zigic would be a very good signing for any-team. Hes HUGE - need to improve some of his stats though.

yeh hes a good player indeed.
my highest suggestions are :

Afonso alves: sterlar potential, a beast, 27 gols in 24 macthes so far, but can be quite expensive(i paied over 14m)

Feindouno(st.etienne): amazing RM(can also play in other positions), great potential too and its quite a bargain.

Gomes(PSV): althoug his stats dont show, he playes in the top gks level. U can get him cheap too.

After playing soley online since a week after having the game, I decided to go back to Manager mode to see if the patch made any difference. And wow! The game is immense now in single player as well as online. They have really tweaked it and the CPU now plays much more realistic. I'm creating chances on World Class and the CPU makes mistakes etc and doesn't just cross the ball anymore. I really can't believe EA have improved the game so much in a small update. I reallt didn't like single player before but I can now see myself getting into it. Well done EA. They are really putting Konami to shame now.

I played a World Cup earlier, I really don't notice any difference. The only new thing I've seen so far is that a CPU shot hit the underside of the crossbar, bounced down and back into the air, and rather than the striker whacking it in to the empty net, he ran onto the goal-line and stood extremely still while my goalkeeper got up off the floor and walked calmly towards the ball. :eh:

The reaction times seem great but I'm sure that, in my case, it's just because I'm getting used to the lag in reaction times online (and so take away the lag and I'm like "wow, this is great").

Sorry I didn't check the forums after my earlier post. I was referring to the 360. And no, it wasn't a figment of my imagination. lol. I swear, it prompted me for another update. nvm .... :P

am i the only person who plays on legendary and all on manual??
I still win 6-0 every game :( its too easy

Really - If that is true? you truly are a legend my friend.

But Playing the game myself and knowing how difficult it is I am pretty sure what you are saying isn't true or you are a robot.

I might just have believed (Maybe slightly but still not sure if I would) you if you didn't add the 6-0 bit at the end.

Sounds a bit dubious to me too, especially with the scoreline.

You, JB and Placebo need to join us in 5 vs 5

were having some awesome games, seeing great moves and fantastic goals in that mode

Make sure you have your mics in though :)

I played this last night for the first time in ages - I have been real busy of late. I downloaded an update and the game feels different. A little bit faster and much smoother - I had some amazing games in Manager Mode last night.

I still LOVE this game. :)

I wish I could join u guys more often but living in Asia and the timezone difference (GMT+8) makes it harder. Weekends perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom