FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I used to have a lot of problems with that but if you hold the hustle/jostle button (L1 in my configuration) and hit the shot button before the ball comes to you, the player adjusts better and hits the shot or header more often than not first time.

Will give that a try thanks... happened 4 times again last night too..

could u set up the games to be played at night?
i just cant find that option in the create tornament mode.

I think you just go to play now and set it to night and then opt out of it...

either way i just played play now games it's just less of a headache

I'm simple I just wanna look at the standing in real life and then pick up and play

I think you just go to play now and set it to night and then opt out of it...

either way i just played play now games it's just less of a headache

I'm simple I just wanna look at the standing in real life and then pick up and play

i c...ill try that...
i did a libertadores cup yesterday...loved it.(althou the games were played in day time)

yeah no games perfect even with COD4 with how cool i9t is the single player campaign is ONLY 5 hrs(even though it's mainly multiplayer, it aleinates guys like me from enjoying it)

straight down into a half circle left to right

when facing towards the goalie in the arena

Just played an Xbox Live Match:

Port Vale 0-3 Gillingham

I was the Gills, (my real local team), and what a game! A proper League 1 battle, very scrappy with a few goal mouth scrambles, we each hit the woodwork with great efforts. Just an all round enjoyable match, brilliant :)

Three questions...

How are you guys heading it? I'm losing nearly all my headers, I hold down "jostle" and press the button as soon as the ball is in the air, do you have to time the button press to when your player should be jumping for the ball or something?

How are you guys scoring? Any tips?

Do you change the formation or any strategies before you play?

Do mind, the questions above are born out of utter desperation. People, please help the man. For the love of god. Help him.

Just look at this.

TOTTENHAM 0 - 6 MIDDLESBROUGH (SBA Daz Coopz)

Give him some pointers guys. I know he ain't hopeless.

I just beat the fourth-placed guy 2-0. And won 2/3 of my games tonight. And climbed out of the relegation zone. Stop living in the past. :)

But seriously, I can't head to save my life, I've started pressing jostle+A+X+B all at once.

Three questions...

How are you guys heading it? I'm losing nearly all my headers, I hold down "jostle" and press the button as soon as the ball is in the air, do you have to time the button press to when your player should be jumping for the ball or something?

Depends i usually double press in the box and point down with the control stick

But seriously, I can't head to save my life, I've started pressing jostle+A+X+B all at once.

I got the same problem. You may try to push the button really late next time and i mean really late. i often find myself pushing the button directly after crossing the ball and it doesen't seem to work very good.

But everytime i push the button late it seems to work a lot better. hard thing is to find the right moment. i often push the button a little bit to late so i completly miss the cross. it is a difficult timing.

Well, it is just a tip and maybe i am wrong here. But sometimes i feel it works for me, so give it a try (guess you don't have a lot to lose (just like me) :lol: )

Three questions...

Yes u need to time the button press. I usually jostle, press shoot just about when the ball is an arm and a half's length from my player and push the direction stick in the direction i am heading (usually far post away from the corner kick).

Just outside penalty box, I use normal shoot button and aim accordingly. inside the penalty box, i will always use finesse shoot.

I don't muck around with the formation, but i find the MENTALITY function useful to change to ATTACK to create more scoring opportunities.

Add me and let's practice. Cheers.

what did u do with the GK?

and yeh.. we will problaby see an EURO2008 game.. not UCL i think.

Thanks, I can't wait for that one.

I increased positioning, reactions, vision, agression etc.

I decreased reflexes, diving and handling, consistency etc.

The goalies tend to be superhuman in certain situations. But in other situations (scrimages/general action in the goal area) they tend to just stand there and watch or act like morons. I experimented a lot and in my opinion the goalies act more realistic now.

Thanks, I can't wait for that one.

I increased positioning, reactions, vision, agression etc.

I decreased reflexes, diving and handling, consistency etc.

The goalies tend to be superhuman in certain situations. But in other situations (scrimages/general action in the goal area) they tend to just stand there and watch or act like morons. I experimented a lot and in my opinion the goalies act more realistic now.

ill give that a try..can u tell me by how many points u changed each atribute?

Just started a new EPL season with all of the settings on 'Manual'. This should be interesting! I expect to get slaughtered badly.........

Just started a new EPL season with all of the settings on 'Manual'. This should be interesting! I expect to get slaughtered badly.........

Ok, tied the first game (on semi-pro) with Wigan 1-1. Left Brown unmarked for a header in the 91st minute otherwise I'd have taken it.

With everything on manual the games plays very differently. The freedom of passing definitely opens up a whole new range of attacking possibilities and the through balls actually work better for me. The shooting is an art on manual for sure! Everything feels completely unscripted for me now though and it plays like it should. One heck of a hard-learning curve though!

anyone knows if there is anything else in the update other than the 5v5 online mode?

ronaldinho in arena bug fixed?

Im reading that response times seem a little sharper and the game is a little quicker too. Cant see it myself, sounds too good to be true. Apparently the arena bug is definitely fixed too!.

doesnt seem anymore responsive to me, seems they may have fix the energy bug in manager mode :D

A coversation from Konami HQ

"Mr Seabass", "I hear EA are releasing a patch for Fifa to allow 5 v 5 online"

"Don't worry - if we can't do 2 v 2 (or even 1 v 1) there's no way they'll pull that off"

"Actually i have played it and it's f***ing awesome"

"Oh bollocks"

:lol:

the update rules.

speed is remarkable higher and so are reponse times

but the most important thing for me: cpu doesnt score with fks anylonger!

No offense but I'll believe it when I see it for myself, I played a friendly on legendary between the owls and blades and didn't see any differences.

Manager mode still has reversed subs bug.....

The update makes the game better...SOMEHOW

Don't know EXACTLY HOW or where but I can say this

The framerate is better by a smidgen
the shooting at goal IS improved, it's almost as if the shooting is better placed and more accurate now
cut scenes are more clear so to say
ball movement and response times are a tad faster
Definately smarter AI and AI that acts as a human

It just feels a bit more solid

Errr I just played a Be a Pro 5v5 match, which is strange considering it's not supposed to be available in Asia, and in fact the menu item says only 1v1, but I chose quick match and ended up in a 5v5, Liverpool v Man Utd friendly, I played as Giggs......

Back
Top Bottom