FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I'm sorry it's just a pet peeve of mine when posters refuse to take a little time and effort to find something for themselves and expect other people to provide answers as if their own time is more important than other peoples' :)

images

Just had a game vs -Joe-. One of the most fun games I've played this far. Hammarby vs Lilleström. Quite good game even tough we only scored once (beautiful own goal by me, great header in extra time..).

May I ask what setting you use (passning, shooting etc)? Manual? Semi?

Just had a game vs -Joe-. One of the most fun games I've played this far. Hammarby vs Lilleström. Quite good game even tough we only scored once (beautiful own goal by me, great header in extra time..).

May I ask what setting you use (passning, shooting etc)? Manual? Semi?

was a good game, was a fantastic header I would have been proud of that lol

settings, errm i think
Shooting - Assist
Passing - Manual
Through Ball - Manual
Lob pass - Manual

whats the last one?

360 v PS3

I have had the PS3 version since before launch and played it ALOT! Recently, I have also got my hands on a 360 (used to have one, but sold it for the PS3).

As a lot of my friends have FIFA on 360, I decided to swap it in on PS3 for 360 and here are my findings - bear in mind, I played the PS3 version loads, so this isnt 'in my mind' :-)

The 360 version is DEFINATELY more reponsive - only slight, but its there. This is all the way through the game, from the menus to the pitch.

There is now no lag in the menus when jumping around screens in manager mode and everything is pretty smooth. On the pitch, the graphics are a little sharper on the 360 and again, the play is a bit more responsive.

Online (my big bug bear on PS3), seems much smoother on 360 - though I only played 3 games, though had no trouble connecting, starting or finishing matches, unlike PS3.

I love this game anyway - and the changes however apparent, are small - e.g. if I would give the game 85% on PS3, I'd give it 90% on 360 - its that small...

:lol: pboreham, just been on the HUKD forum and seen you selling the PS3 version! Next page I come is here and see you again, made me laugh :)

LOL... had it on Ebay for £25 delivered - cannot believe I didnt get one bid!

HotDeals pretty much shot me down - hate it when they do that...

£25 delivered is pretty much worth it, can't see people getting it for less? I know Amazon is selling cheap but £25 is a good price.

Read the GamesTM reviews for FIFA 08 and PES 2008. they love the physics in FIFA and talk about how good deflections are and how the game is the best simulation around. the review of PES 2008 is not too bad but they say it is for people who like goal fest, end to end action at a frantic pace. they say that things have changed and FIFA is the most realistic footy sim.

Hey, I just sold my pes 2008 copy because I was very disappointed from it,pes is horrible this year so I went out and bought fifa 2008 for ps3 instead. So far, I think it's a very realistic football game and better than pes this year. The last fifa I played was fifa 2001 so there are things that I have to learn. Is there a way to control the goalkeeper like in pes (gk cursor on) and also change cursor speed? Thanks in advance.

You can press Y/Triangle to make the keeper come out that's it. You can change automatic player switching from manual (far left) to completely automatic (far right), manual of course is the best as it then leaves it up to you but there's a nasty bug where the ball gets cleared from corners and such and it won't let you manually select a player, you get locked out so the best thing is to have it one notch up from manual.

I was playing on Be a Pro mode yesterday and forgot how awesome that mode is, I actually clenched my fist followed by a "Get in there" when i scored because it was me that actually did it on my own with a nice front post run and header

Be a Pro online will be the future of footy games

It is the future of football games, I have no doubt, and I can't wait until it's all implemented properly. To have a virtual football team full of people you know, all with different skills, will be immense (what's the name of that football MMORPG that's working on it already?).

But in its early stages I can see it being like schoolboy football, when this 5v5 is patched into FIFA 08 I can see 5 players on each side running for the ball and trying to kick it at the same time. I think that might be what Gomito is thinking about.

thats what i was looking for "properly implemented"

as it is now though it looks very very good but as you say when the AI is taken out it may be a mess :)

But in its early stages I can see it being like schoolboy football, when this 5v5 is patched into FIFA 08 I can see 5 players on each side running for the ball and trying to kick it at the same time. I think that might be what Gomito is thinking about.

It might get to the stage where people form proper teams and only sign up players to their team who perform well in a given position, so CBs who desert their defensive position and spend the match in the opposition half looking for goals won't get picked. Could be great fun....like Fantasista mode in WE10JL but without the inept team-mates.....although I've just noticed your on-line league form. How long before you start to worry that you're going to go the entire season without scoring a goal?

My dad's in this league, he's over 60, and I'm yet to play him (his copy should be arriving tomorrow). I'll score a goal.

It might get to the stage where people form proper teams and only sign up players to their team who perform well in a given position, so CBs who desert their defensive position and spend the match in the opposition half looking for goals won't get picked. Could be great fun....like Fantasista mode in WE10JL but without the inept team-mates.....although I've just noticed your on-line league form. How long before you start to worry that you're going to go the entire season without scoring a goal?

Spot on - like racing games - as long as you find a good crowd that dont cause crashes and want to play properly, its 100 times better.

There will definately be 'virtual' teams forming and its going to be fantastic. Be-A-Pro is almost a seperate game to FIFA (especially using the proper over-the-shoulder cam) and I cannot wait for 5 v 5 - I still have big doubts if they can pull it off this year though...

Its very good atm but thats on your own with the AI keeping there shape and to there positions.

5 non AI players may be a bit messy unless you play 5 up front :)

I had a ephinay on Saturday. After watching manu vs arse i was so impressed after watching a wonderfull game of football between too awesome teams. I was like hmmm im gonna play some games with manu in fifa. I had my buddy join and we played the cpu with manu. I really felt the full power of fifa when playing with a team i know really well. And especially with a friend playing. He has to jet and I had to roll to a party. now fast forward to about 9 pm that night, the lady has gone to bed, i have a full bottle of a really nice farmhouse ale in the fridge, and some spinach waiting to be smoked. I started playing online games only with really good teams, manu, real madrid, bayern. and man i must have played until 2 am. Every game was better then the last. I was passing around the ball like the team i was controlling. The goals i was scoring were all different(like WE of old). Playing as athletico i thumpend some dude who picked barca 3-2. I scored three of the greatest goals in that game. I think this game does a really good job of replicating player likeness and creating a fun gameplay expereince. BUT i really hope they make the players differ from each other more, in 2009. Sure ronaldo is very different from everyone else. But simao... not so much... Thats why i think i had such a blast playign with the top teams. They have the player likenesses down pat for the big teams, not so much for the other ones. but i have a new respect for this game, that i hadnt had before. Its weird how you play a game for weeks and then all of a sudden the beauty clicks...

I had a ephinay on Saturday. After watching manu vs arse i was so impressed after watching a wonderfull game of football between too awesome teams. I was like hmmm im gonna play some games with manu in fifa. I had my buddy join and we played the cpu with manu. I really felt the full power of fifa when playing with a team i know really well. And especially with a friend playing. He has to jet and I had to roll to a party. now fast forward to about 9 pm that night, the lady has gone to bed, i have a full bottle of a really nice farmhouse ale in the fridge, and some spinach waiting to be smoked. I started playing online games only with really good teams, manu, real madrid, bayern. and man i must have played until 2 am. Every game was better then the last. I was passing around the ball like the team i was controlling. The goals i was scoring were all different(like WE of old). Playing as athletico i thumpend some dude who picked barca 3-2. I scored three of the greatest goals in that game. I think this game does a really good job of replicating player likeness and creating a fun gameplay expereince. BUT i really hope they make the players differ from each other more, in 2009. Sure ronaldo is very different from everyone else. But simao... not so much... Thats why i think i had such a blast playign with the top teams. They have the player likenesses down pat for the big teams, not so much for the other ones. but i have a new respect for this game, that i hadnt had before. Its weird how you play a game for weeks and then all of a sudden the beauty clicks...

What the fuck is an ephinay?

I had a couple of seesions at FIFA over the past few days and it's finally clicking with me, too. When I first got it, I could see it was a reasonable enough game but the flaws agitated me. They still do to some extent but I'm now playing with far more fluency and starting to score some sweet goals and that helps to put the flaws out of my mind. It's great to have decent football game whilst I await PES to get out of the doldrums.

It's just occurred to me, you meant an epiphany? I had one of those once but it took ages to get the tube out of my butt.

I think he meant an epiphany lol. I used this term when it clicked with me too, seems like its taking some longer than others to realise that its a fine, fine game :)

One thing I'm finding is my player instead of heading or shooting when going for crosses near goal, the player tries to control the ball or takes an extra touch, this just results in jacking me off and missing sitters.. Am I missing something? All I'm doing is hitting shoot and direction on semi assist setting...

:mad:[-(just played a little twat named jordanleigh,i was Bolton,he was Chelsea. He was leading 1-0 then i got in front 2-1 with 1min to go the little prick quit..if you are on this forum you stink the place out mate:puke::puke::nono:

Back
Top Bottom