FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I have 3 MAJOR gripes that i am VERY made about

Adboards...Completely useless use of what could have been made major sponsors

Weather- no excuse should have had rain and snow whatver with "we couldn't do it" BLAH

and finally...

CAMERA - On a 40 inch widescreen no provblem on anything smaller BLAH

I thought the editing team was on holiday anyway

the editing team doenst have official holiday, as no body is an EA integral employee...everyone gets a 10 month contract, and all those contracts expire in febuary/march.
every editor is working hard now so the january roster update(after the transfer window closes) is as accurate as possible...
placebo, if u have specific apperance edits for sheffield wendsday(just the critical ones), i can try to send them to the English Championship major editor.

later

because is the first time , that i found non biased reviews saying the truth

I was told that this "revolt" is huge at PESfan, but I'm not a member there any longer so I don't know how much truth is in that.

I was told that this "revolt" is huge at PESfan, but I'm not a member there any longer so I don't know how much truth is in that.

theres no way to not be revolt with this piece of shite konami released. :(
yesterday i tried the ps3 version... what a let down.. deep inside i still thought the full version would be at least a bit better than the demo... but for my sadness it wasnt. it was slower but due to framerate droping.
the worst thing for me is that i didnt have that great "Winning Eleven" feeling anymore.

theres no way to not be revolt with this piece of shite konami released. :(
yesterday i tried the ps3 version... what a let down.. deep inside i still thought the full version would be at least a bit better than the demo... but for my sadness it wasnt. it was slower but due to framerate droping.
the worst thing for me is that i didnt have that great "Winning Eleven" feeling anymore.

I wonder how much of the Japanese market will hate this game? Because THAT's what Konami will be paying attention to...

Japs will probably love it. Just like they loved SEGAS Virtua Striker.... wouldnt expect much from PES2009. This has hopefully taught a lot of people some hard lessons... Dont believe the hype and Play the game and make your OWN judgement.

yeh i agree.. they problaby will love it man..
i mean i can only think that konami started to make their game more and more arcadey taking the wrong direction ideologically(in my and our opinion i guess) becasue thats problaby what the japanese costumers wanted.
we goota keep in mind that this game is first and foremost develop for the japanese market..
i mean why in the hell would they add pinguin costumes?!?!?! i can only imagine thats something japanese people digg.

Last edited:

I think it is gonna be interesting to see how famitsu reviews WE2008 and FIFA 08. Although I really do not expect them to give WE a average review.

this goal is nothing special. just a nice quick break with tidy header to finish it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxKb5SJ5W-E

Last edited:

just seen this on another forum LOL :lmao:
67z0zcx.jpg

Jesus Christ, at least mine didn't give you an epileptic fit! I've collapsed three times just trying to press the STOP button!

Seriously though, although it's hard to see what's going on, I agree and it's good that you've made a video of these faults.

Incidentally, I got a reply from Konami today (Han suggested I forward the video to them). Guess what the reply was?

"Thank you for your email. The development team is aware of these issues." - Yes, the same auto-mail that everyone who has complained about PES has received.

Very helpful and it makes the hour it took to record and upload the video totally worthwhile.

Last edited:

I'll be honest some of those annoyances do not even bother me and as far as the first tough it's real good in this game compared to anything fifa 07 OR UEFA related so that a BIG improvement.

Well, me and a friend played PES5 and FIFA back to back today.

FIFA is obviously the far better game technically, but PES5 is just so much more fun. Realism and making you play a game as if it were real football is one thing, but it's just nowhere near as nice to play as a properly sorted Konami offering. (Which PES5 was, 6 and 2008 certainly aren't)

Sorry Guys This was being recorded off of our 50" LG HD plasma using my Sony High Def camcorder and It made that awful effect....

Glad you saw some of what I think are flaws with FIFA. This was being played on the World Class Difficulty. At least it aint anywhere near as bad as PES's flaws!

Mmm.. HD plasma and HD camera.. and you get that flickering, that is odd indeed?

Maybe don't record in HD, instead 480p or a lwoer progressive resolution?

I can't say I've noticed too many "awful first touches", I play with Sheffield Wednesday and my boys are doing pretty well with their first touch, probably didn't help that you had a marker trying to insert himself into the recipients rectum at the time?

That Evra thing was weird, never seen that, or if I have I've never noticed it.

Perfect tackles, well I don't find that so much of a problem as much as the fucking annoyingly biased referee, you can simply walk into an opponent with the ball and it's a foul to them, sometimes you have the ball, walk into an opponent without the ball and it's a foul to the opponent, WTF? Can't say it stops my fun though :)

For me the annoyances are other things such as lack of playoffs and other things like that which are missing, they annoy me more than anything on pitch annoys me :)

I mean how can you be annoyed when one of your kids (currently on loan to League 2 Mansfield in real life) plays due to tiredness and scores a cracker like this against Coventry.......

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=refj1Y4OE7Y

Sorry Guys This was being recorded off of our 50" LG HD plasma using my Sony High Def camcorder and It made that awful effect....

Hey Hargreaves, videography is how I make my living so quick tip for you (and anyone else trying to tape games on their telly) - to minimize or get rid of the rolling bars when recording a TV or computer monitor first try turning any IMAGE STABILIZER setting off and if that doesn't do the trick there may be an option in your menu settings called CLEAR SCAN or something similar which will help to adjust the shutter speed to match the monitor's frequency - if there is no such setting simply try filming in MANUAL mode and adjust the shutter that way until the bars disappear.
Voila, epileptic fits disappear! ;)

Last edited:

Hi people I'm a long term PES fan but with PES2008 being sooo bad I have taken a chance on FIFA08 (yes I've gone over to the dark side). Anyways if any of you play online or even better in online leagues can you PM please if you would play me sometime or allow me to join a league? Cheers.

P.S kinda loving FIFA - it's more difficult than PES and much more of a simulation - weird giving praise to EA sports after all these years!

oh yeah I'm on the PS3 version :)

Does anyone else get problems when trying to upload a replay on the PS3.. I have tried like 10 times and everytime it says that it couldnt upload correctly.. I know im doing it right, but whats the point of having the feature if it doesnt bloody work.. Ive scored some nice goals and dont feel like getting my camera out everytime.. Anyone?

I still love this game. I play a lot of online multiplayer matches against my son and this is the first time in years that we are not playing PES. The game is also a lot better after i've experimented with the stats of the goalies. I might try this with the other players aswel but this could be a lot of work. Anyway, this game has a few little annoying problems that could easily be solved (but cannot be solved by editing). Will there be a Fifa 08 CL or a Fifa Euro 2008 released next year? And around which month should i expect those games?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom