FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I still love this game. I play a lot of online multiplayer matches against my son and this is the first time in years that we are not playing PES. The game is also a lot better after i've experimented with the stats of the goalies. I might try this with the other players aswel but this could be a lot of work. Anyway, this game has a few little annoying problems that could easily be solved (but cannot be solved by editing). Will there be a Fifa 08 CL or a Fifa Euro 2008 released next year? And around which month should i expect those games?

Cheers.

Euro 2008 for sure!!!!

Can't wait for UCL 08/Euro2008. It will be interesting to see how the game develops and what we can expect from FIFA 09. Hopefully the response times will be sorted out.

Nice bug:

Got second in EFA Cup group and then went on to see which team I had to play in the next round. Well....my team wasn't even in the draw.\\:o/

yer gd vid and how u bend that FK so much, mine always go str8 even when i hold down left or right..

lol thanks sweetkilla...

Jake do you have any idea how to put good power (like penetration like the ingame shots) on free kicks from guys like Carlos and Naldo (or Pirlo etc....you get the picture)? Mine always just float into the goalies arms i manage to get more power with the simple default free kick style it really shits me.

Just started my 3rd season with Valencia now. Won the league on PRO level. Ive moved up to World Class now, played one game and can already see that its gonna be more of a challenge this time.

Heres 4 of my goals, the one against Real Sociedad is the goal i have just scored on World Class mode.

http://www.easportsworld.com/index_enGB.html#video-54281/EA SPORTS World/33398

Nice combination.

But I always when I run with that angle towards the goalkeeper (with no defenders in the way) I can't score.

I have scored a few goals from that angle by blasting it near post in the top corner

I haven't read the thread recently so apologies if this has been covered, but any news / updates about the release date or timeframe for the 5v5 Be A Pro online patch?

Will this patch also add 2v2 on 4 Xboxes?

Last edited:

EA are avoiding confirming any date or even acknowledging there's any set date for it, Joe Both said 6-8 weeks after release, which if going by the September 28th release would mean the end of November......

Does anyone have a very good guide on how to do good free-kicks on Xbox360? Especially on how to curv the ball good..

It's probably already been posted, but i don't wanna look through

Just wanted to see who uses what for shooting, Assisted, Semi or Manuel?
I myself use Semi, therefore i can aim the ball where i want to more..

Semi. Manual is too hard and assisted just feels like cheating and if I score, then it's because the CPU aimed good and not me.

I have scored a few goals from that angle by blasting it near post in the top corner

yeh i was actually thinking that as i did it and i play on manual shooting so it would have gone there too....shame i had a shit fit because of the backheel...i was thinking about the replay the whole time :lmao:

Maybe I'm missing something here but anyone know if there is a way to change your Captain when you're in-game? I know that Square changes it in the Team Management settings before you begin play but that doesn't seem to work in any of the Team Management screens in Pause menu during play. Just would be nice to pass on the Captaincy to a more appropriate player when the Captain gets subbed out.

yeh i dont think there is a way bobo its full of little things like that. For me the main grips are
- None of the adboards i thought i would receive when i left KONAMI in the dust.
- Playing every match in estadio de los artes and not being able to assign stadiums to smaller teams, even if it isnt their real one.
- No ability to assign free kick styles
- Simulating matches in manager mode turns the bench to rubbish despite what you have set in 'squads'
- Computer still seems indecisive to me...they sometimes seem afraid to shoot when the opportunity arises and on the wing they only cross it if they have a clear sight of the box...if they dont they turn around and run into the corner flag it is retarded.

Other than those things it is far and away the best football game i have ever played, simply because the matches ebb and flow....each match generates a couple of moments that you will always remember, and just the general gameplay mechanics in general coupled with COMPLETE manual control is a simple joy to behold.

Hats off to EA.

TBH i dont think they will ever top this...at least in the forseeable future.

Because this thread has 392 pages:roll:

Yes and? There's a reason you can click where it says "Search this Thread", why should anyone else spend time to explain something to you if you can't be bothered to take a little time to search yourself for the answer first?

Back
Top Bottom