FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

dude just to inform u that i just talked with an EA producer about the cheats and some stuff i was missing in the game like some more nike boots in the fan shop...
from his anwsers seems like we will se salma's tits before any glimps of a cheat code or any aditional content like new boots... :lmao:

I don't want to belittle anyone's personal preferences or wishes but there are numerous bugs, glitches and such that are far more important than any new boots or whatever, in 50% of matches you can't change your man marking of a substituted AI player because it locks up the game, a bloody console game freezing up because of a bug, shameful :(

I don't want to belittle anyone's personal preferences or wishes but there are numerous bugs, glitches and such that are far more important than any new boots or whatever, in 50% of matches you can't change your man marking of a substituted AI player because it locks up the game, a bloody console game freezing up because of a bug, shameful :(

and thats why I play other games and then go back to this if this was the only game I played I think id go insane myself with how unperfect it is

has anyone seen how players run in pes 2008? the animation is like robots with curved arms running, plus the speed is borderline ridiculous and long crosses actually make the ball travel faster than a short groubd pass.

pes is a fucking joke this year. FIFA has problems as always, but this year, GAMEPLAY WISE, it takes a huge crap on PES and spits on it.

has anyone seen how players run in pes 2008? the animation is like robots with curved arms running, plus the speed is borderline ridiculous and long crosses actually make the ball travel faster than a short groubd pass.

pes is a fucking joke this year. FIFA has problems as always, but this year, GAMEPLAY WISE, it takes a huge crap on PES and spits on it.

OHH yes I have been saying this for ages...

Post that in the WE/PES next gen thread and see the reaction you get :) Guaranteed it wont be a good one! I agree with that review and its exactly how I see PES 2008. What is with Konami?

i dont want to get banned :lol:

Ive just tried to upload my first video on FIFA 08, it loads till 100% then says THE VIDEO DID NOT UPLOAD CORRECTLY DO YOU WANT TO TRY AGAIN?

why does it keep doing this? im signed up to EA Sports World.

Ive just scored a belter with Zlatan too :( i wanted to save it :(

Ok, ive uploaded a video but its only like 2 seconds of it!!

I pressed R3 to mark the start of the video, then i pressed it again where i wanted the video to finish.

but whenever it uploads its only the last 2 seconds of the clip and not the full thing.

can anyone help me out? cheeers

Yeah ive found it really stange to see a ton of EA ad boards around the stadiums and near to no real world ads - it feels like im playing pro evo.

it does feel like pro evo to me but i get your point I would have swore that early preview build DIDn'T have that stupid need for speed advertisement its annoyinh and has sworn me off on any need for speed

Ok, ive uploaded a video but its only like 2 seconds of it!!

I pressed R3 to mark the start of the video, then i pressed it again where i wanted the video to finish.

but whenever it uploads its only the last 2 seconds of the clip and not the full thing.

can anyone help me out? cheeers
I have the same issue can anyone help both of us out?

I have the same issue can anyone help both of us out?

You only press it once to get the beginning - it goes to the end automatically.

Whenever you press it it goes to the start point - so by pressing it again, you are telling it to start recording from that point.

Lots of people did this at the start - was confusing.

yeh i agree...but those fixes are certain thing for fifa09... nothing they can do by pacth(i asked him about this an the late diving of the GK in some shoots).
the other assets like boots are just superficial stuff that i thought could be sold in a pack in market place and ps store, but he said EA is not going to sell anything for this fifa... i was a bit surprised bcasue i thought they would at least sell themes and player pics, but he didnt confirm those neither, he just said it not in their plans.

yeh i agree...but those fixes are certain thing for fifa09... nothing they can do by pacth(i asked him about this an the late diving of the GK in some shoots).

How can they not fix by patch some of the numerous bugs and quirks? Look at other console games, how many bug fixes/tweaks do they get fixed in update after update? Why not Fifa? Because EA don't give a toss once they have your money. How many updates have the Halo series had for example to fix things?

Fifa's a joke every year, graphics and animation wise its v good but everthing else is shit compared to pro evo

You only press it once to get the beginning - it goes to the end automatically.

Whenever you press it it goes to the start point - so by pressing it again, you are telling it to start recording from that point.

Lots of people did this at the start - was confusing.
thanks, ill try it out

How can they not fix by patch some of the numerous bugs and quirks? Look at other console games, how many bug fixes/tweaks do they get fixed in update after update? Why not Fifa? Because EA don't give a toss once they have your money. How many updates have the Halo series had for example to fix things?

m8 i dont know about things...
im only posting what the producer told me.
btw i disagree with some of your views regarding EA(but dont really wanna get in a discussion about that, as u are one of the users i respect the most, we just have diferent points of view, but its all good.:))
we problaby gonna see a pacth for the "ronaldinho in arean online bug", but not for any gamaplay or realated issues.

we problaby gonna see a pacth for the "ronaldinho in arean online bug", but not for any gamaplay or realated issues.

Yeah it'll probably be the only thing they fix, which frankly stinks.

50% of the time when I'm man marking a player and the AI subs him I cannot change my man marking to mark the new player else the game locks up, shocking.......

Yeah it'll probably be the only thing they fix, which frankly stinks.

50% of the time when I'm man marking a player and the AI subs him I cannot change my man marking to mark the new player else the game locks up, shocking.......

stinks i agree.
i still cant belive they let the player apperance editor out of the game...huge let down for me... made the brazilian league unplayable for me ,as theres tons of mistakes...
at least now im fixing them as an editor for EA.

Last edited:

I started the process to sign up to be an editor but found it pretty farcical that I have to audition by fixing a number of players just so I can sign up to help fix player appearances of Sheffield Wednesday......

I started the process to sign up to be an editor but found it pretty farcical that I have to audition by fixing a number of players just so I can sign up to help fix player appearances of Sheffield Wednesday......

uhmm dunno , but i guess its diferent here in brazil than..they give u 5 teams to take care, and pay u an amount of money that here in brazil is consider very good(about 4-5 minimum salaries).

(PS3)

Anyone know how to get rid of that bloody pop-up message that says something about the "loading icon, dont turn off the console" ?? It gets on my nerves having to wait a few seconds then press X all the time. It appears just before the main menu when you first load up the game.

Also, how do i get rid of that bloody squad update thingy? every match i play online i have to wait 30 seconds downloading and saving it!! pisses me off!

Cheers

Okay then gripes with FIFA... uploading replays is poor... they just arent long enough! unless im doing something wrong. Along with the slow responses and god awful player appearances.... Still thats nothing compared to my PES List of Crimes!

They probably can fix these things, look at Tiger Woods 08, was a complete shambles of a game upon release, you couldn't even play through Tiger Challenge as some of the challenges made the game crash!!! That's how fucking bad EA are. They did release a patch which fixed this bug, so it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom