FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Having not been interested in ANY footy game for several years, I have started getting that craving to play a footy game. I have had both the Fifa and PES demo on my 360 for a while, never really tried either of them...until last night.

First up was FIFA, I played 3 complete games (6 halves) with different teams. I changed the controller layout to Alt-New and everything on semi from a control perspective. The first thing I noticed was how slow the game was, not frustrating slow, just measured and precise. The shooting is nice, but I am not used to it yet. I haven't hit a screamer so far, hopefully that will come with practice. Overall I really enjoyed the matches I played. Now onto PES...

So I fired up PES and I was geniunely shocked at how bad it was. The pitch is an out of focus mess and the speed. WTF! My wife was watching me play both games and even she could see the game was too quick. How this ever got through testing without someone questioning it is beyond me. Graphically it is a dog, and more worryingly, from a gameplay perspective it wasn't much cop either.

I've had all versions of ISS and PES up until PES5, this is by far the worst version. I haven't played FIFA since the France WC version 9 years ago, I was pleasantly pleased with the 08 version.

I will take the plunge and give Fifa a go this year as my game of choice, hopefully it won't dissapoint.

Does anyone feel theres a difficulty level missing? between SEMI-PRO and PROFESSIONAL (?)

On Semi-pro i dominate possession against the AI, the final score is usually 2 or 3 nill or more, depends on my opponent.

But on Professional the AI are almost perfect, passes, shooting and the keeper rarely lets anything past him!!

It feels like their should be another difficulty level in-between Semi-pro and Professional.

Does anyone feel theres a difficulty level missing? between SEMI-PRO and PROFESSIONAL (?)

On Semi-pro i dominate possession against the AI, the final score is usually 2 or 3 nill or more, depends on my opponent.

But on Professional the AI are almost perfect, passes, shooting and the keeper rarely lets anything past him!!

It feels like their should be another difficulty level in-between Semi-pro and Professional.

ye i feel the same way and they never really loose posession ive see times when i jostle with against a play and he hold me off forever but i cant do the same thing to them :(

I was feeling the same...but now I play intense games in Pro.
I use man marking, Offside traps and don't force the defense as I used to.

Any advices about the "Super Cancel"?

agree

Off-topic, but the difficulty levels in games are really starting to get on my tit lately. I've never noticed any problems before but on FIFA, you're right, there needs to be an extra difficulty in-between semi and pro, and on games like PGR4, I win every race on medium and lose every race on hardcore.

I hate being faced with either winning every game or losing every game, there's no in-between.

Off-topic, but the difficulty levels in games are really starting to get on my tit lately. I've never noticed any problems before but on FIFA, you're right, there needs to be an extra difficulty in-between semi and pro, and on games like PGR4, I win every race on medium and lose every race on hardcore.

I hate being faced with either winning every game or losing every game, there's no in-between.

Jack any idea about an equivalent to the super cancel?
You know when I make bad passes and want to anticipate with the target player I don't how to move. He stills wait for the ball...

There is a cancel button in the game, I can never remember the combination but it's either LB & RT or LT & RT... I THINK...

Sometimes it works as a supercancel (I have seen it), but most times it doesn't.

There is a cancel button in the game, I can never remember the combination but it's either LB & RT or LT & RT... I THINK...

Sometimes it works as a supercancel (I have seen it), but most times it doesn't.

Ok thanks :)
I'll try to learn it...So frustrating when you make a bad pass and want to move your player forward to the defender.

I was feeling the same...but now I play intense games in Pro.
I use man marking, Offside traps and don't force the defense as I used to.

Any advices about the "Super Cancel"?

Yeah I agree, I played a season on Pro with Sheffield Wednesday in the premiership and I took some real hammerings and was relegated with one match to go, now that I'm back in the Championship and used to the skill level I'm playing much better and currently clear in 1st place after about 15 matches, obviously I'm playing against lesser teams than premiership quality but I haven't bought in new players for Sheffield Wednesday so my players are essentially equal in skill to the players I'm facing, I believe each skill level has slightly different strengths and weaknesses, what worked against Semi-pro may not work so well against Pro......

Yeah I agree, I played a season on Pro with Sheffield Wednesday in the premiership and I took some real hammerings and was relegated with one match to go, now that I'm back in the Championship and used to the skill level I'm playing much better and currently clear in 1st place after about 15 matches, obviously I'm playing against lesser teams than premiership quality but I haven't bought in new players for Sheffield Wednesday so my players are essentially equal in skill to the players I'm facing, I believe each skill level has slightly different strengths and weaknesses, what worked against Semi-pro may not work so well against Pro......

Placebo do you use the Super Cancel? Or do you know a way to anticiapte the moves off the ball?

Placebo do you use the Super Cancel? Or do you know a way to anticiapte the moves off the ball?

I don't, I can never remember where it's located anyway!

Which moves? My AI guys or their AI guys? Sorry your question confused me somewhat?

Placebo were you sacked when you were relegated?

No I wasn't fortunately, I guess it helps that despite them expecting me to finish in the top 3 I was at a smaller, newly promoted club, and I tended to get a win or draw every 3rd or 4th game which seemed to stop the board's opinion getting to low, my rating was at 50% at the start of the Championship season but it's in the high 80s now as I'm top in the league and through to the Qtrs of the league cup, have spent no money and have about £7m in the bank, plus most of my players are on 9 year contracts worth between £25 and £1000 a match, my per match wage bill is just over £18k!

I don't, I can never remember where it's located anyway!

Which moves? My AI guys or their AI guys? Sorry your question confused me somewhat?

In PES when I make a bad pass I use Super Cancel to move the targeted player to the ball to get it before the CPU.
In FIFA when I make a pass and see that the CPU will have it before me I can do nothing with the targeted player who is always waiting for it. I cannot cancel his move.

Me too. It takes and AGE to build up points! :(

It's insane. to finish ONE manager mode season half played(4min)half simmed it takes a good 4 hrs. THEN you have to win every cup. Once this is done you might as well start anothert managre mode as winning those cups in the second year does ganer any pints either.

Put it this way. I played about 8 hrs str8 last weekened and only gort 12,000points through mnager mode. since I REFUSE to play anything challange related since it make sthe game arcadey and unfun

just cheat then, sim the cups you need to win with barcelona as your team and replace the other teams with crap ones

In PES when I make a bad pass I use Super Cancel to move the targeted player to the ball to get it before the CPU.
In FIFA when I make a pass and see that the CPU will have it before me I can do nothing with the targeted player who is always waiting for it. I cannot cancel his move.

Right there's nothing you can do about it, just try to think smarter about your passing than you ever need to on PES, I try to only pass to someone who's open and doesn't have an opponent in a position to intercept the ball and such, makes a big difference :)

I wasn't aware that the AI made tactical changes during a match? I'm playing Southampton in manager mode, Vignal just got sent off for two yellows on 13 minutes (his manager will be thrilled!) the AI took off Stern John and brought on Makin to play in defence so they're now playing a 441, really impressed me that :)

I've had this problem with various games over the years.

My preferred solution I've seen implemented in some games is a percentage slider so you can choose exactly what level of difficulty you want on a scale from 1 (dead easy) to 100 (rock hard).

I think it would work as a simple multiplier on the various stats in the game, including the player stats, the probability stats, etc.

just play the game on the hardest difficulty setting, it takes ages to get used to but the game is a lot better, especially when you play on ranked as most players are not up to the that level

Right there's nothing you can do about it, just try to think smarter about your passing than you ever need to on PES, I try to only pass to someone who's open and doesn't have an opponent in a position to intercept the ball and such, makes a big difference :)

I wasn't aware that the AI made tactical changes during a match? I'm playing Southampton in manager mode, Vignal just got sent off for two yellows on 13 minutes (his manager will be thrilled!) the AI took off Stern John and brought on Makin to play in defence so they're now playing a 441, really impressed me that :)

Unfortunately I think that's the only tactical change they make. When a guy is sent off. It they are losing or winning they don't change formations.

It's insane. to finish ONE manager mode season half played(4min)half simmed it takes a good 4 hrs. THEN you have to win every cup. Once this is done you might as well start anothert managre mode as winning those cups in the second year does ganer any pints either.

Put it this way. I played about 8 hrs str8 last weekened and only gort 12,000points through mnager mode. since I REFUSE to play anything challange related since it make sthe game arcadey and unfun

Try be a pro atleast once if you haven't yet. I played one time and my rating was over 90 and I believe I got like 9000 points. I think it's a one time only thing though.

Agree. Playing League Mode with Man Utd, and been playing Semi-Pro, and since half way through the season, I can win every game 2-0 most of the time. So I thought might try Professional with a lower side like Sunderland... but even then its too hard. But I'll just stick to it, like my PES learnign curve, starting from 2* to 5* :)

sheezz... :( i just wish we could use the white nike laser boots..so many players wearing them nowdays and they only gave us the red ones and only one vapor, yet theres all of them in the game assing to some players like evra.. tipical EA, tipical.
i guess the editing comunity isnt appreciated by them.

well at least now , after playing 3 weeks non stop i manage to buy every oficial boot...to the third kits now i go!(although this s gonna be a lot harder, they are so expensive..! i urge someone to come with a 9999999 point cheat code!)

sheezz... :( i just wish we could use the white nike laser boots..so many players wearing them nowdays and they only gave us the red ones and only one vapor, yet theres all of them in the game assing to some players like evra.. tipical EA, tipical.
i guess the editing comunity isnt appreciated by them.

well at least now , after playing 3 weeks non stop i manage to buy every oficial boot...to the third kits now i go!(although this s gonna be a lot harder, they are so expensive..! i urge someone to come with a 9999999 point cheat code!)

we need a code they way we all need to see salma hayek in playby DESPERATELY

Back
Top Bottom