FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Goddamn EA! Update your fucking servers to handle online better. Cannot connect to a game for shit. Been trying all day and only played twice!

Better not affect my league game tonight.

Haha well obviously they won't. Because there will be some people who will prefer a more arcade style of game, higher scores, faster action etc. Fair play to 'em. Each to his own and all that like.

Me though, I'd rather play proper football :);)\\:o/

1)play the game with light hands. meaning: don't play it so tight. Play by thinking where you'll pass next or who to and just freely go about it. do not over fuss or over try. this is agame of chance and opportunity you have to really play loose to get the real feeling of how good this game emulates the real thing

great advice, i've been playing like that and thinking ahead and wonderful plays have done... not just goals... really beautiful football.

Yeah, I will second that BumperMan, that's seriously sound advice :thumbup:

I just played a match online, I was Lyon against Milan, completely played him off the park. It's amazing how simple football can be :) I won 3-0 by the way :mryellow:

Ok I have been away for a while and now I am back.

After buying PES today, and then going back to FIFA it is somewhat unbeliebvable that anybody in there right mind can say that PES is a "simulation" when compared to the sublime gameplay of FIFA.

Seabass has released a game that is both unfinished and dated in equal measure.

Regarding FIFA leagues count me in to any I am back for good after being drawn in by the PES hype, its officially over.

I fear neither game has any right to such a good superlative as sublime cammey... I've got the PS3 pes2008 version downstairs but i dare not put it on... And the last time I played Fifa, I Lost my rag and those pads are expensive and chuckable...

Ok I have been away for a while and now I am back.

After buying PES today, and then going back to FIFA it is somewhat unbeliebvable that anybody in there right mind can say that PES is a "simulation" when compared to the sublime gameplay of FIFA.

Seabass has released a game that is both unfinished and dated in equal measure.

Regarding FIFA leagues count me in to any I am back for good after being drawn in by the PES hype, its officially over.

Welcome back :salute:

Guys how do you set your player switching? I have mine at fully manual but sometimes I have a lot of trouble switching to the player I want. Like there is a deflection and I try to switch to a player who is perfectly positioned to shoot at goal but it will not change the player. I tried the LB, also the right analog but they seem to not work well in these situations.

Any ideas?

Kevano discovered that if you set the player-switching to 1 instead of 0, it's ever so slightly more reactive.

Go kevano! :D

Aint been able to play this in ages because of my xbox being on the blink I cant wait to get it back in action.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

IN 2 HOURS YOU FOUND AII THIS

well it was not 2 hours. actually it was 15mins but then you have to add installation time, toilet time, I had dinner and at last add a PS3 restart after the game crashed while in Pause Mode :)

I have been playing this game on novice and with all assitance on and was loving it somewhat...I switched to manual now for all passing and lobbing and thru balls and OMG! What on earth was I missing. the game play is amazing now. i honestly am speechless at what kind of control you have

Absolutely wonderful

Yeah, I will second that BumperMan, that's seriously sound advice :thumbup:

I just played a match online, I was Lyon against Milan, completely played him off the park. It's amazing how simple football can be :) I won 3-0 by the way :mryellow:

Seriously I am astounded sometimes...

I have now noticed that playing with everything on mnaual makes for an even more natural flow game and even makes the ball feel looser/freer. i thought the ball physics were good they are evn better with manual controls

Loving this game soooo much but if Andy Gray waffles on about his blank canvas once more................aargggghhhhhh.

Seriously I am astounded sometimes...

I have now noticed that playing with everything on mnaual makes for an even more natural flow game and even makes the ball feel looser/freer. i thought the ball physics were good they are evn better with manual controls

Damn, I'm struggling like hell with most things on semi, just through and long on manual... I end up playing like I'm having a fit, I don't feel in control or could not even shoot towards goal.. All on manual, I may as well just use my forehead and nose...

Yep, same here. The commentary in PES2008 is better, which is a shocker. That is, it would be, if Mark Lawrenson didn't have all the emotion and urgency of a dead fish.

PES2008 is a disappointment :( sold mine Fifa08 copy just for it.. ah well have to stick with it now..

Damn, I'm struggling like hell with most things on semi, just through and long on manual... I end up playing like I'm having a fit, I don't feel in control or could not even shoot towards goal.. All on manual, I may as well just use my forehead and nose...

The real trick is that it is 8 directional passing. So imagine north sout and now northeast south east etc...

It helps but I get MUCH better lobs much better throuighs and more interesting opportunites passing with manual now. OF COURSE it take ALOT of concentration and 4/5 min games end very quick now as it becomes more calculated so I think i might have to bump the match time up to compenste

Just played several friendly matches with all the settings set to MANUAL. Wow, it really is a different game and you really have to learn how to play the game again. Theres much more freedom to passing but know that its gonna take a lot or practice before i get to a good standard. Getting there though!.

Just played several friendly matches with all the settings set to MANUAL. Wow, it really is a different game and you really have to learn how to play the game again. Theres much more freedom to passing but know that its gonna take a lot or practice before i get to a good standard. Getting there though!.

Its tough. although more rewarding and it feels less scripted not that it FELT scripted before it's just that with mnaul settings its just THAT MORE intricate and stategic

I still feel I will never get to grips with shooting on semi, I can't do a thing with it on manual, but I think the thing that really got my goat apart from the non playoffs is the stupid "win the league" expectation from the board after getting promoted the season before in 3rd... That had me getting up and turning the thing off straight away before the pad or my foot went flying... The learning curve feels like it's going right up my backside...

All 6 are true, and they only scratch the surface of how bad PES2008, but most of the PES cheats are copied into FIFA.

Any news on a FIFA patch to include a 2nd AI team? My version seems to have just one AI team.....it has about 500 different names and kits, but it's just one team that plays exactly the same every match, a perfect back 4 that is never out of shape, every long pass and cross is a pixel pefect pass straight to a team-mate, all their players' response times are a fraction of a nano-second, and irrespective of their stats, all of their players have exactly the same abilities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom