FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

You realise this is widely regarded as a cheat that only cheating cunts use, the "sprint glitch"?

I didn't realise this myself until the CW v JayD situation arose a few weeks ago...

Yeah I heard some call it cheating, personally I don't see why, it's in the game so it gets used.

If there was a secret combination that gifted you three free goals, it would still be a cheat. ;)

I've just been talking to CW about this on MSN, it's a tough one. I use it offline, but online I tend not to unless the other person is using it. It is a cheat because it makes the person with the ball faster than the people without it, that is the very definition of cheating. But quite honestly I don't care too much now.

On the topic of FIFA 08 gripes, if the commentators talk about how great it is when a referee plays the advantage one more time, I fear I may snap a pad into two.

I have bought PES2008 2hours ago. biggest mistake in my life and I am already selling it again! LOL

- slowdowns all the place even though I have installed the game and I am using a fullHD LCD
- max 720p -> no FULLHD
- the pitch looks extremly blurry. looks like a PS2 texture
- the running animations, direction change animations look oldgen
- ball physics? sorry but this is not a realistic ball physic
- gameplay -> aracde all over. wonder where to insert the coin for a rematch
- menu -> ugly and not user friendly
- licenses -> same old song been played all years long
- masterleague -> why the fuck is it so hard to create a realistic league structure
- penalty camera -> WTF
- replays look horrible and lag like hell- even the camera angles are more horrible than in FIFA
- ball speed at crosses or high passes is ridiculous fast
- distance shots are poewerfull? I know 10years old who can shoot harder and faster than ballack in PES2008 from distance
- AI -> dumb like hell. I played a match on 5*. I won 2:1 and all 3 goals where own goals. the AI tried to clear some shots and tackled them with no need or danger in their own goal: ROFL
- goal net form is horrible. never seen this in real life
- menu music is bad
- commentary is bad (german)- although not as bad as in FIFA (german)
- playername font-size over the head of the controlled player is like 30 or higher. the font is bigger than the player itself
- the yellow cross which indicates where the ball will fall down after a cross is looking horrible and cant be turned off

+ player faces
+ goal celebrating

I warn all of you. dont buy this crap and make the same mistake I did

Last edited:

lol thanks for the warning m8, still gonna get it tho, just to try, but it cant be worse than pes6 can it

I have bought PES2008 2hours ago. biggest mistake in my life and I am already selling it again! LOL

- slowdowns all the place even though I have installed the game and I am using a fullHD LCD
- max 720p -> no FULLHD
- masterleague -> why the fuck is it so hard to create a realistic league structure
- penalty camera -> WTF
- replays look horrible and lag like hell- even the camera angles are more horrible than in FIFA
- distance shots are poewerfull? I know 10years old who can shoot harder and faster than ballack in PES2008 from distance
- AI -> dumb like hell. I played a match on 5*. I won 2:1 and all 3 goals where own goals. the AI tried to clear some shots and tackled them with no need or danger in their own goal: ROFL
- menu music is bad
- playername font-size over the head of the controlled player is like 30 or higher. the font is bigger than the player itself
- the yellow cross which indicates where the ball will fall down after a cross is looking horrible and cant be turned off

+ player faces
+ goal celebrating

too late for me. i tried to cancel my order yesterday morning but they already posted the thing :(

lol unlucky mate, might make a good coaster to put your drink on when your playing fifa lol

just played the demo again of pes, the pitch looks like Neal Buchanan painted the fucker in art attack

artattack_neil_sm.jpg

"I did my best!"

classic, just seen a pic of Giggs, he looks like a gypo who works on the waltzers at the fair,

- max 720p -> no FULLHD
- penalty camera -> WTF
- menu music is bad

+ player faces
+ goal celebrating

It's a shame really. It could have been better, esp with how much i beleive the ps3 is under utilized. the took the WRONG approach by making the game similiar on pc.

word to seabass: "Quit"

Big PES Fan here, ex Fifa hater. Gotta say I am enjoying the game very much. There is 1 thing about it that really bothers me, the goalkeepers. Even the slow response times I can live with, but the suspect goalkeeping just takes away so much from the game for me. Sometimes they are amazing, and other times just plain dumb, I have scored and conceded so many goals due to this its not even funny. They are very bad in dealing with crosses and sometimes dive extremely late, I mean the ball is already out of play or in the back of the net and all of a sudden they dive?

Has anybody else noticed this? What do you guys think of the GKs?

I'm playing in SEMI PRO (just getting started) do they get better in PRO?

Big PES Fan here, ex Fifa hater. Gotta say I am enjoying the game very much. There is 1 thing about it that really bothers me, the goalkeepers. Even the slow response times I can live with, but the suspect goalkeeping just takes away so much from the game for me. Sometimes they are amazing, and other times just plain dumb, I have scored and conceded so many goals due to this its not even funny. They are very bad in dealing with crosses and sometimes dive extremely late, I mean the ball is already out of play or in the back of the net and all of a sudden they dive?

Has anybody else noticed this? What do you guys think of the GKs?

I'm playing in SEMI PRO (just getting started) do they get better in PRO?

totally agree with your post m8...
ive seen pretty much everything u mentioned..and be sure its nothing related to the dificulty level.. iplay in world class now, but played most of my games in pro..and the gk are the same from what i could notice.
i hope they fix it(late dives and their behavor in crosses) for next year(since i dont expect EA realising a pacth to fix it)

Got some vids uploaded. Sorry about the quality the EA servers must have been busy because I couldn't upload them. Therefore recorded off my TV.

Just had a massive bug occur in manager mode weird.. The keeper decided to go AWOL he is at the top left of the screen (silver kit) stuttering about.

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/1mmlJxVf4LQJTnh1S

Then played with Manchester United and scored the best goal I have ever scored! Michael Carrick came from nowhere and scored an absolute screamer..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3aw51_fifa-08-screamer-best-goal-i-have-e_videogames

PICK THAT ONE OUT THE NET!!!

Last edited:

After playing PES2008 for about 2 Days now, i will be back to Fifa08 as soon as possible. I need to find a way to enjoy Fifa, cause PES2008 is bad beyond believe. I can't believe what Konami did to my beloved PES, it is so dissapointing.

So Fifa, here i come again and this time you better show me your lovely face. I want to adore you so much :-D

Last edited:

After playing PES2008 for about 2 Days now, i will be back to Fifa08 as soon as possible. I need to find a way to anjoy Fifa, cause PES2008 is bad beyond believe. I can't believe what Konami did to my beloved PES, it is so dissapointing.

So Fifa, here i come again and this time you better show me your lovely face. I want to adore you so much :-D

I' want to really give some people some advice with fifa 08.

1)play the game with light hands. meaning: don't play it so tight. Play by thinking where you'll pass next or who to and just freely go about it. do not over fuss or over try. this is agame of chance and opportunity you have to really play loose to get the real feeling of how good this game emulates the real thing

I' want to really give some people some advice with fifa 08.

1)play the game with light hands. meaning: don't play it so tight. Play by thinking where you'll pass next or who to and just freely go about it. do not over fuss or over try. this is agame of chance and opportunity you have to really play loose to get the real feeling of how good this game emulates the real thing

I guess you are right and i will try to play it with "light hands" like you say so nicly.

After playing PES the last to 2 days i realize that Fifa is so much different from PES. I need much more patience - no need to be dissapointed by not scoring a lot of goals. I rushed things to much i guess -i just want to play fast, with a lot of shoots and goals. Just like a played PES the last Years.

Lets see if i have enough patience to play this Games the way it should be played. i really hope so - i need a good footy Game to enjoy this year.

Oh, and very much thanks for your advice :)

After buying both games I am firmly in the Fifa camp this year, just can't believe what I am playing when Pro is in my 360

Well the TV is supposed to do 1366x768, that's what it says in all adverts and literature for the brand, funnily enough it did 1280x1024 just fine and surely that's a higher resolution than 1368x768? I ended upl playing on 1280x728 or something, that registered on the TV and was pretty smooth, I guess at the end of the day it is a budget TV, but it's annoying that TV shows, movies (720p or 1080i) play fine and look great quality, games like PGR4, Forza2, Bioshock etc play fine and look great quality, Fifa08 looks really good but camera panning stutters and of course Fifa is the one game I want to play :(

I Emailed Sirius to complain about the issue of 1366x768 not working with my 360, got this reply today:

Dear Paul,

We are sorry for late reply. Our engineer is studying the problem and we will get back to you next week. The TV solution and LCD panel are fully support 1366 x 768. But sometime there may have compatible problem. We are checking the software and we think we can solve the problem. We can accept you return the TV if we can’t solve your problem.

Best regards,

Sirius team

- max 720p -> no FULLHD
- penalty camera -> WTF
- menu music is bad

+ player faces
+ goal celebrating

:shock: :shock: :shock:

IN 2 HOURS YOU FOUND AII THIS

He was saying he likes PES2008 and that FIFA08 is too slow. The usual garbage PES fanboys come out with! :roll:

Their number is well and truly up this year! \\:o/

He was saying he likes PES2008 and that FIFA08 is too slow. The usual garbage PES fanboys come out with! :roll:

Their number is well and truly up this year! \\:o/
Take a look at the PES2008 thread... Not everyone's giving up the ghost.

Back
Top Bottom