FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Online I enjoy it more but yeah I am sick of everyone picking Barcelona. Yesterday I went into quick ranked match and the guy chose Barca so I cancelled. went back in three more times and it was the same guy and he still picked barca. In the end I played him with Inter and beat him on Pens.

Like I have said before, offline EA has to create different personalities with players/teams. I really hope this is the one thing they work hard on for the next games. If they can do that then the next FIFA games could be something special.

miguel the best mode of this game, like any other sports game is the multiplayer offline, no doubt in my mind.
the offline single player mode is very good too, specially if u can find the right level of dificulty for your abilities. like i said before, im loving every minute of my everton manager mode. i dont see CPU cheats like the last minute "must comeback" goals the PES AI aways had to score.
every goal i conceded to the AI was imho fair... ok sometimes i do get frustated when the AI striker wins the header agaisnt my defender, but than when i go and take a close look at who that striker was and who was my defender, most of the time i think it could have happened in real life, like drogba winnign most headers against lescott.
i highly suggest u be patient against the CPU, u CANT just try to press them all the time like in WE, only if youre facing a much weaker team, i do that in my cup games against lower league teams, and usually score 3+ goals.
agaisnt stronger teams the yours, u gotta play smart football, close the spaces, bring your attackers and midfielders back, let them try to round the ball from side to side, and than when the right time comes, steal the ball and try a quick counter attack, thats the way o found to beat the big clubs home and specially away...when i try to press them, they just find way to many gaps in my defense becasue my defenders went up trying to press, and than ususally i conceded i goal.. now i play patiently against them and they arent beating me easily anymore.
take a look at a great conter attack i manager agasint blacburn(ok theyrent of the the big clubs, but thats just to show how its done.)
http://www.easportsworld.com/index_enUS.html#video-160890/BRUNNOCE(XBOX360)/46051
i hope u can have fun with this game man, its a really incredible game, i just cant get enough of it!
for the first time i feel diference between player in fifa beside speed and also i great variety of goals...just like in real life u wont see 2 goals exactly the same.

Yeah, I'll start playing offline more often. I feel it's time to start playing something like a league, online matches might be fun, but at the end of the day they mean nothing. I'll probably start a Manager Mode career with some english team, either Reading or a League 1 team. It should be fun. :p

By the way, I've watched that replay and the others you've uploaded so far and those are some great moves, mate. Great stuff. :)

Just posting to show my new fifa 08 video (in my sig)

Oh God. That video is awesome, it could easily have been the game intro. It's really stunning, great work. :eek:

The squad update ISN'T fixed by keeping Ronaldinho. I've never changed my arena player and I keep getting asked too.

It fixed it for me. :)

When I got the game I set C. Ronaldo as my arena player and I was constantly asked to download the squad update everytime I wanted to play online. I have never been asked again since I set Ronaldinho.

I'm finding the manager mode is much better than online too. I'm managing to carve a LOT more opportunities through the CPU Pro than I was doing before.

any news about a patch? havent been around here for a week. been busy playing nba2k8

Didn't you already declare this a couple pages back? Nothing personal mate but I just don't get why people stay in this thread to continuously post about how they're fed up with FIFA - what exactly do you expect from writing this other than for you and your fellow dissonants to go back and forth supporting each other's claims of disdain for the game.
Do you really need to have someone else's backing to confirm what you think about it?? If you don't like it then simply leave it and spare the bandwidth here please - this is FIFA Chat not a support group (sorry but I've grown weary of having to wade through all the proclamations of those 'quitting' the game daily...it's like your co-worker who tells you every other week that he's giving up smoking).

I don't take it personal :) because you're right mate. I guess i just feel a little bit better after posting about my frustration with this game.

but you're right - if you love this game i quess you're really tired about this "quit" postings. I will stop it now - i don't want to get on anyones nerves you know and it is great that you and ohters have fun with this game. hope you will enjoy it for a long time. :)

btw:

I have stop smoking :mrgreen: since 26.09.07 (after 20 years - 30 cigarettes a day). It´s been 3 weeks, 5 days and 18 hours right now and that saves me 643 cigarettes and 176,93 €

It feels like winning the Premier League for me :mrgreen: finally free.

I don't take it personal :) because you're right mate. I guess i just feel a little bit better after posting about my frustration with this game.

but you're right - if you love this game i quess you're really tired about this "quit" postings. I will stop it now - i don't want to get on anyones nerves you know and it is great that you and ohters have fun with this game. hope you will enjoy it for a long time. :)

btw:

I have stop smoking :mrgreen: since 26.09.07 (after 20 years - 30 cigarettes a day). It´s been 3 weeks, 5 days and 18 hours right now and that saves me 643 cigarettes and 176,93 €

It feels like winning the Premier League for me :mrgreen: finally free.

:applause: for the smoking

hey guys, i posted a thread but no one replied. anyway i got a problem with manager mode, after i finish a cup game it hangs at SIMULATING 60%. every time. ive tried it at least 5 times, played the game and it locks up on my ps3. even when i simulate the game it still hangs. what do i do??

Looks like you've gone down a dead end. I have no idea apart from keep trying.

Something odd happened to me the other day. I kicked the ball out of play. Goal kick for the computer and the keeper just stands there. The clock doesn't start, because the ball isn't back in play. It didn't freeze, as the sfx were still going. I waited.........nothing. Bollocks, i thought, as i was winning.
In an attempt to get it going again, i paused the game and then went back to the game and suddenly the keeper woke up and took the kick. Game on.

Something odd happened to me the other day. I kicked the ball out of play. Goal kick for the computer and the keeper just stands there. The clock doesn't start, because the ball isn't back in play. It didn't freeze, as the sfx were still going. I waited.........nothing. Bollocks, i thought, as i was winning.
In an attempt to get it going again, i paused the game and then went back to the game and suddenly the keeper woke up and took the kick. Game on.

I had something similar the other day, goal kick to the AI, ball is put in place, goalkeeper stands ready to kick and just doesn't kick, my attacker can run around and I can hear sound so the game isn't frozen, keeper just stands there for about 60 seconds then finally kicks and the game continues.......

i think i'm gona return my 360 copy to hmv, i just cant enjoy the game, i play on professional, SP only, but the slow response times of players and just the general difficulty in putting play together( i find it nigh on possible to pass directly through the opposition, they always intercept) is killing me.

i thus result in playing the game like some kind of David Batty simulation of football, constantly playing it to my fullbacks or wingers, i find like many others that all teams play the same regardless of level, atleast in pes if you were playing against Zidane you knew you had to be wary of his playmaking abilities. In FIFA i feel stats dont seem to matter at all despite their impressive detail, maybe pace, dribbling and strength but even with that i find problems.

Playing against Wales with France i constantly got pushed off the ball by Koumas when in possesion with Viera, yet Viera couldn't shrug him off the ball despite me constantly putting pressure on him. Once i'm up on the cpu player they seem to just be able to hold the ball at default running speed and spin me around in circles without merely a jostle.

i think i'll pick up pes2008 with isnt perfect either and has quie a few flaws still, its a shame as EA actually seem to be atleast attempting to remedy their gameplay flaws in every iteration yet Konami cant seem to get off their arse for the last few editions but it still is overall a more enjoyable game imo, its frustrating as FIFA really has alot of pros this year too.

seems alot of guys online in fifa are pretty terrible, I think playing pro e all these years has made me like too good at fifa because I have only lost 2 games in 30 games and both where when I played as Nigeria vs. Portugal.

This game is fantastic online, i think its the only way to play. The AI inthe highest difficulty is ridicolous and perfect.

seems alot of guys online in fifa are pretty terrible, I think playing pro e all these years has made me like too good at fifa because I have only lost 2 games in 30 games and both where when I played as Nigeria vs. Portugal.

Noticed this as well - only I think that too many guys are actually still stuck trying to play FIFA in PES mode which is also probably why despite the fact that FIFA08 is a great videogame footy simulation that a lot of people proclaim that they "can't get into the game".
The ingrained WE/PES mentality/comfort zone and control familiarity along with the (inhuman and unrealistic) PES super-response times combined with the (also unrealistic) super fast paced PES gameplay have likely ruined FIFA08 for a lot of people...also the fact that Seabass has put subliminal messages in PES all these years ("You Will Buy Pro Evo!" "Evo Good, FIFA Bad!" "Pay No Attention to the Frame Rate Drop!") making it extremely difficult to wean off of the game. ;)

How are the response times inhuman and unrealistic?

No human team can knock the ball about with the pinball-like speed in PES 2008 - players can knock one-timers to and fro like clockwork up the pitch in a matter of seconds and literally turn their entire body around on a dime and pivot and change direction when running with no loss of acceleration - that's inhuman and unrealistic to me. It's just too fast and the players move and react like robots.
Look I loved PES for years and am still hopeful that Konami will get their shite together but in my opinion PES 2008 is a great offering of a footy video GAME not a simulation. Nothing wrong with preferring it over FIFA as many certainly will find it more fun and entertaining but personally it's just a bit too arcade for me.

Last edited:

This game is fantastic online, i think its the only way to play. The AI inthe highest difficulty is ridicolous and perfect.

What settings do you play with? all assisted or manual?

This is a good teamplay I did. I loved the first touch high through ball to etoo and the volley, a shame it didn't went in, but that's the kind of play I love when I can pull every now and then. It was in PRO difficult mode against... I can't remember.

I personally moved etoo to run during the play, that's what I like the most, how to break a deffense doing everything yourself (pass is on semi, though).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFosQd1u-Z8

Another shot, inverse angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShsoW3JFRdU

Plus it's my first mbile phone to youtube attempt! Hope you like it.

Last edited:

I finally managed to do the Rabona............but have no idea how I did it? has anyone figured out the button combo for this move

On the ps3 version to do the rabona change direction to the players weak foot using the right stick (so if the player is right footed press the right stick to the left) Then tap the left stick twice in the same direction (this is not strictly necessary but i find it works more often if you use this) then press up on the left stick and tap the long pass button - it will only work if the button os just tapped and no more.

does anyone have any idea when the online 5v5 will be coming? and does anyone have any links where it tells you when its coming, i've googled like mad but cant find anything.

Back
Top Bottom