FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

not much of one to stay in the league ;)

Like I said before mate, I can't stand online. It's unresponsive and really puts me off the game. I love the single player (which is what I always buy football games for) but I am pleased to hear that other people are enjoying this online. :)

Well, not much different than PES6. Menus are different, rosters updated, music is awful.

And the things that pissed me off a little bit before now piss me off a LOT, because I've gotten used to FIFA08. It all seems so unrealistic now...

Edit: especially on defence, in FIFA you have 100% control all the time, 360º. In pes even with super-cancel more often than not you're taking 3 steps in the wrong direction just because your opponent changed direction.

My mate likes it more than FIFA. He's the cutback/Adriano king, he can actually score in PES. FIFA is too hard for him... :)

Last edited:

My post on the FIFA Street thread will make me get banned then. It was good to meet you all.

*Phones Jack to make sure there's enough room for him.*

Now seriously, I'm still enjoying this game. I haven't played it offline yet, but the online matches have been fun. Most of them have. The thing that keeps pissing me off is the waiting to get a decent opponent. Why the hell are so many twats playing with Barcelona and Chelsea? :cry:

Last edited:

Hibs v Barca online is getting tiresome :(
Maybe they are tired of playing Hibs as well though :)

edit: I've asked this a few times, so i plead now, Can someone PLEASE give a step-bystep guide for complete morons, to doing a coop online match?

My post on the FIFA Street thread will make me get banned then. It was good to meet you all.

*Phones Jack to make sure there's enough room for him.*

Now seriously, I'm still enjoying this game. I haven't played it offline yet, but the online matches have been fun. Most of them have. The thing that keeps pissing me off is the waiting to get a decent opponent. Why the hell are so many twats playing with Barcelona and Chelsea? :cry:

i would suggest u play offline ASAP...its a much better game..offline u can really feel the diference between players, while online u cant taht much becasue of the delay response times.
offline im having a blast..the game is absolutly briliant while online its just a fun ok game for me.

Hibs v Barca online is getting tiresome :(
Maybe they are tired of playing Hibs as well though :)

edit: I've asked this a few times, so i plead now, Can someone PLEASE give a step-bystep guide for complete morons, to doing a coop online match?

This is the next gen thread as far as i remember you are playing the current gen version

Sorry yes, but no one is in the current gen thread!
The setup might be the same as the next gen one?

i already posted how to do it in the next gen one but i have no idea if its the same as the current gen

i would suggest u play offline ASAP...its a much better game..offline u can really feel the diference between players, while online u cant taht much becasue of the delay response times.
offline im having a blast..the game is absolutly briliant while online its just a fun ok game for me.

Oh well.

I've played about five matches before dinner and I've ended up with the strong will of smashing my disc. The online mode is just not fun anymore. You can't get to play different teams, it's always the same Barcelona, Chelsea or Milan. I'm done with that. I just can't stand playing against the same five teams everytime and conceding goals that always come from my player's stupid passes (blame the response times) or cutbacks. The response times have finally started to make the matches unplaylable, it just pisses me off and makes me want to smash both the controller and the TV.

I'll follow your advice when I get to play the game next time, Bruno. I haven't played any of the offline modes yet (just the odd friendly match against the CPU), so I don't really know what to expect. The good thing about the online matches is that you can't predict what the other players will do and as human beings they make mistakes. That's why I've played a lot online. On the other hand, the offline modes provide longevity and a match isn't just a match, so it might be fun. The thing is that from what I've read, the CPU cheats way too much which makes the game boring, but I'll just have to try for myself and then take my own conclusions. :)

I'm gonna absolutely murder the person who decided it would be fun to make you download a squad update all the fucking time.

And murder the second person who decided you couldnt just search for your mate in a community section and just add them to a game.

FUCKING IDIOTS EA, YOU REALLY ARE!

EDIT: and why the fuck is my DNF at 14% I haven't disconnected once!

Last edited:

To fix the you-have-to-download-the-squad-update-every-time-you-dare-to-play-someone-online bug you have to keep Ronaldinho as your arena player.

To fix the you-can't-play-any-of-your-friends-through-a-method-that-takes-less-than-10-minutes-to-set-up bug you have to... you can't do anything.

They better fix these bugs soon because they piss me off as well. I have given up trying to play you guys online because it takes way too much time to set up a match. :cry:

Oh well.

I've played about five matches before dinner and I've ended up with the strong will of smashing my disc. The online mode is just not fun anymore. You can't get to play different teams, it's always the same Barcelona, Chelsea or Milan. I'm done with that. I just can't stand playing against the same five teams everytime and conceding goals that always come from my player's stupid passes (blame the response times) or cutbacks. The response times have finally started to make the matches unplaylable, it just pisses me off and makes me want to smash both the controller and the TV.

I'll follow your advice when I get to play the game next time, Bruno. I haven't played any of the offline modes yet (just the odd friendly match against the CPU), so I don't really know what to expect. The good thing about the online matches is that you can't predict what the other players will do and as human beings they make mistakes. That's why I've played a lot online. On the other hand, the offline modes provide longevity and a match isn't just a match, so it might be fun. The thing is that from what I've read, the CPU cheats way too much which makes the game boring, but I'll just have to try for myself and then take my own conclusions. :)

miguel the best mode of this game, like any other sports game is the multiplayer offline, no doubt in my mind.
the offline single player mode is very good too, specially if u can find the right level of dificulty for your abilities. like i said before, im loving every minute of my everton manager mode. i dont see CPU cheats like the last minute "must comeback" goals the PES AI aways had to score.
every goal i conceded to the AI was imho fair... ok sometimes i do get frustated when the AI striker wins the header agaisnt my defender, but than when i go and take a close look at who that striker was and who was my defender, most of the time i think it could have happened in real life, like drogba winnign most headers against lescott.
i highly suggest u be patient against the CPU, u CANT just try to press them all the time like in WE, only if youre facing a much weaker team, i do that in my cup games against lower league teams, and usually score 3+ goals.
agaisnt stronger teams the yours, u gotta play smart football, close the spaces, bring your attackers and midfielders back, let them try to round the ball from side to side, and than when the right time comes, steal the ball and try a quick counter attack, thats the way o found to beat the big clubs home and specially away...when i try to press them, they just find way to many gaps in my defense becasue my defenders went up trying to press, and than ususally i conceded i goal.. now i play patiently against them and they arent beating me easily anymore.
take a look at a great conter attack i manager agasint blacburn(ok theyrent of the the big clubs, but thats just to show how its done.)
http://www.easportsworld.com/index_enUS.html#video-160890/BRUNNOCE(XBOX360)/46051
i hope u can have fun with this game man, its a really incredible game, i just cant get enough of it!
for the first time i feel diference between player in fifa beside speed and also i great variety of goals...just like in real life u wont see 2 goals exactly the same.

Last edited:

I am Finished. I can't stand Fifa08 any longer. Playing against the CPU is terrible, just terrible. On a Level like Pro oder higher it is almost comedy.

I don't know what to do over the next months. PES2008 looks just so awful and way to fast, so arcady. No Footy Game to enjoy for over a Year? That really hurts. Shame on you EA and Konami.

@^^Snoop^^

Thank you Sir. I am glad you feel the same way about this game, so it is not just me. It is not just my imagination.

Last edited:

To fix the you-have-to-download-the-squad-update-every-time-you-dare-to-play-someone-online bug you have to keep Ronaldinho as your arena player.

They better fix these bugs soon because they piss me off as well. I have given up trying to play you guys online because it takes way too much time to set up a match. :cry:

Well my friend, I wish it were that simple, but I deleted all of my saved stuff, and have kept Ronaldinho as the arena player, and it's still doing it. So whichever twat at EA decided it would be a laugh to implement this is going to get his bollocks cut off at some point in his life. Why give us the option to change the player if they make us do the squad update every time? EA!?

And as for the other point. Me and a friend tried it several times tonight, and every time there was something wrong with timing out or something. Didn't get to play each other once!

This coupled with the single player mode boring me to tears/annoying me to the point of chucking the game in the bin is making me depressed. I'm gonna have to rely on PES, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

I am Finished. I can't stand Fifa08 any longer. Playing against the CPU is terrible, just terrible. On a Level like Pro oder higher it is almost comedy.

@^^Snoop^^

Thank you Sir. I am glad you feel the same way about this game, so it is not just me. It is not just my imagination.

Didn't you already declare this a couple pages back? Nothing personal mate but I just don't get why people stay in this thread to continuously post about how they're fed up with FIFA - what exactly do you expect from writing this other than for you and your fellow dissonants to go back and forth supporting each other's claims of disdain for the game.
Do you really need to have someone else's backing to confirm what you think about it?? If you don't like it then simply leave it and spare the bandwidth here please - this is FIFA Chat not a support group (sorry but I've grown weary of having to wade through all the proclamations of those 'quitting' the game daily...it's like your co-worker who tells you every other week that he's giving up smoking).

I played the first season on semi-pro and got promoted as Champion by 10 points, second season I'm in the Premiership and on Professional difficulty and I haven't been outside the bottom three all season, it's fantastic! Part of me is hoping I get relegated as I've never, ever been relegated in a football game :)

Obviously the fact I refuse to buy any good players is contributing to the difficulty, so far I just signed two 18 year olds for 0 (they're rated 62 and 64) and another 18 year old for £100k, I want to see how much I can build up the default Sheffield Wednesday squad with training and experience, even if that means getting relegated then promoted again ;)

To fix the you-can't-play-any-of-your-friends-through-a-method-that-takes-less-than-10-minutes-to-set-up bug you have to... you can't do anything.

The squad update ISN'T fixed by keeping Ronaldinho. I've never changed my arena player and I keep getting asked too.

Back
Top Bottom