FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

So I just tried this on my new LCD TV, using the VGA cable I select 1360x768 and the Extended profile (IIRC), game looks amazing, but when the ball moves quickly, especially in the air it gets a faint bit stuttery, what's that about? Shouldn't I be running the game in this high a resolution or something?

bllody hell doesnt anyone do the interactive leage? i tried to find a bolton player to play against and it never finds anyone. been trying all day

i don't get much lag to be honest, i really enjoy live

also i haven't been barca yet, i prefer to pick a team that will be challenging

but my opponent nearly always picks milan,barca or chelsea

Well, I've reached the stage where I just can't enjoy it/be bothered playing it. I still love the game, it's brilliant, but I just can't bring myself to complete an offline match, or even try and play an online game.

Dunno what it is with FIFA's, but they sure take you on a rollercoaster of emotions.

So I just tried this on my new LCD TV, using the VGA cable I select 1360x768 and the Extended profile (IIRC), game looks amazing, but when the ball moves quickly, especially in the air it gets a faint bit stuttery, what's that about? Shouldn't I be running the game in this high a resolution or something?
Well on this TV it's perfect, not sure what's going on there. Does it happen when you watch an actual football match (could be poor on movement, LCDs are famous for that)?

If it has a HDMI port you could try that in-case it's one of those TVs where HDMI is better than VGA, but all I know is that on this TV the VGA connection is perfectamundo.

Okay, I have had time to calm down. But the goals I concede would never happen in real life. The day Shaun Wright-Phillips can outmuscle Mertesacker, Ballack, Metzelder, and Frings is the day I jump off a bridge. I played PES6 after what I said here, and wow. I never realised how bad PES6 was. And from what hear PES2008 scorelines turn out 12-4, 5-4, 13-14. I don't want that! I guess I'll just have to take the yellow card and forc Shaun Wright-Phllips to the ground, only to concede a Gerrard 40-yards freekick. :( I hope EA sorts the AI godlyness and free-kicks out.

Any of you maniacs play on fully manual?

Has anyone figured out a good button combo, in terms of what should be manual or assisted

i dont get the problem with AI freekicks, i rarely concede them.

mind you I do play alot of championship teams and maybe there free kick taker isnt amazing

Well on this TV it's perfect, not sure what's going on there. Does it happen when you watch an actual football match (could be poor on movement, LCDs are famous for that)?

If it has a HDMI port you could try that in-case it's one of those TVs where HDMI is better than VGA, but all I know is that on this TV the VGA connection is perfectamundo.

I played the following at 1360x768 with no slowdown anywhere at all:

PGR4
Forza2
Bioshock
Fight Night Round 3

Fifa is the only game I've noticed jerky camera movement when following the ball, this is on tele at Stamford Bridge, haven't tried another camera/stadium yet but as I only play on tele......

The TV has HDMI input but my 360 being core does not have HDMI output :(

Haven't watched a real football match yet, will later.

Are you playing online by any chance? In which case, I get that as well. If you're talking about offline, then... No idea. :eh:

ANY B . .

CAN HELP ME

I Need this Program ( Creation Master 8 ) . . .

(:

I am sure I am not the only one who is wondering what the hell you are going on about

Like matherto I just can't be bothered playing this anymore. It's a good game but I can't finish an offline game because I just get bored.

Like matherto I just can't be bothered playing this anymore. It's a good game but I can't finish an offline game because I just get bored.
I should have had a bet on, how many times did I say you'd get bored after a month to you on MSN... Never mind, next year! :mryellow:

LOL I get bored now with it aswell. Good game but just doesnt have a lasting effect. trading it in on friday. should get £20 for it so Pes2008 wont cost me that much. Ps3 Im talking of btw. I know pes aint great this year but its a game that you just seem to be able to play for 12 months until the next one comes out :-)

PES get's rather dull too though and that has hardly changed this year. It still hasn't got much depth after I'm quickly bored of the Master League I normally play a Exhibition match now and again when I'm bored then I'd play it with a mate a couple of times and that's it.

I think that's is one thing that Fifa has over PES this year offline wise, maybe PES has the enjoyable, easier to get into and responsive gameplay.

Last edited:

I don't understand how you get bored, my problems is FIFA creates too many emotions for me, thus driving me insane. I have a heart-attack each time the AI has the ball, or if a huge defender is charging at me. I have a little jump-for-joy moment each pull off a trick and make the AI look like PES AI (or a little baby). I scream my head each time I score a goal. And go onto Evo-Web and embarrass myself when the AI cheats doubletime.

There is really no diffrence what so ever between lower league teams and top clubs. Just had a league cup game against Burnley or something and they were running around like Ronaldinho on speed! It's sickening, really hope EA will fix this for the future.

@Ozkar
i can really tell the diference between lower league and EPL teams...
last lower league team i faced was Leeds, i easily dominate them, 5-0 in the end..
while in my EPL career things are very diferent, i cant dominate chelsea or any othe the big4, they dominate me the hole game, so i have to look for quick counter attacks. the other mid table teams i have game pretty well macthed.

btw, im playing with everton on PRO, 7mim.

:( Tell me about that, cause im thinkhing in buy one to me, but if the that be mess im will give up :(

i have a 26" samsung lcd, its great for the 360(i use vga cables with the same conifg. placebo posted, dont have any stuttering or slowdown problems) and only ok for the regular tv signal(since we dont have HD)

@Ozkar
i can really tell the diference between lower league and EPL teams...
last lower league team i faced was Leeds, i easily dominate them, 5-0 in the end..
while in my EPL career things are very diferent, i cant dominate chelsea or any othe the big4, they dominate me the hole game, so i have to look for quick counter attacks. the other mid table teams i have game pretty well macthed.

btw, im playing with everton on PRO, 7mim.

Ok. Well I guess you are better at Fifa than me. :)
I just lose my patience aswell.
The worst thing is I really cant tackle or defend well. It's impossible for me to nick the ball away from the CPU. Again thats a patience thing. Before I used to wait them out but I just cant anymore. :)

I don't understand how you get bored, my problems is FIFA creates too many emotions for me, thus driving me insane. I have a heart-attack each time the AI has the ball, or if a huge defender is charging at me. I have a little jump-for-joy moment each pull off a trick and make the AI look like PES AI (or a little baby). I scream my head each time I score a goal. And go onto Evo-Web and embarrass myself when the AI cheats doubletime.

+1 no comment !

Ok. Well I guess you are better at Fifa than me. :)
I just lose my patience aswell.
The worst thing is I really cant tackle or defend well. It's impossible for me to nick the ball away from the CPU. Again thats a patience thing. Before I used to wait them out but I just cant anymore. :)

try using press man...down on the d-pad...makes your team try to steal the ball in the oponents half...

I've got everything on manual. I hate to blame the game when I make a mistake, prefer to blame myself.:)

How are you finding it? when I play I keep forgeting that I am controlling the play and end up making stupid mistakes

same thing for me my friend. noticed this at the studio lounge

:( Tell me about that, cause im thinkhing in buy one to me, but if the that be mess im will give up :(

Well I watched the first 30 mins of Fulham v Portsmouth last night and it seemed fine, ball zipped about no problem, so far it's only Fifa08 that's had issues, I'll try UCL and the PES demo later to see if they have the same issue when the ball moves about quickly.

Back
Top Bottom