FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Whats the likely-hood of getting anything changed via updates from EA, I mean game wise rather than lineups or transfers...

The chances? Oh I'd say something like 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of EA releasing any gameplay fixes/tweaks/improvements and that's being generous ;) They won't even fix bugs with updates, they just don't give a shit, they take your money and that's the end of it, I love the game, quirks and all but they should bug fix, it's that simple.

im at work now :(
cant donwload stuff in here..

Baaaah I have to do everything ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCBA6cQaL-Q

m8 im exctatic!
u do love your team huh?
i saw your macth history in your EA page...WOW u do play only with sheff. wend. !!
congrats m8!

Haha well I did play as England in one match but that's only cos the guy I played against refused to match teams, he wanted to play as Man Utd :(

so there is no way to review replays on the xbox 360 itself? we have to go to the website to view it? if so that is daft.

Yeah it's really crap we can't save them offline why the fuck did we even buy HDs? at least with Tiger Woods/Skate and other EA games they can be saved online then uploaded later, why not with Fifa? Sucks because when you sore a nice goal you find yourself going to the PC to check the upload went through ok and it keeps making games stop-start (that's what I do anyway).

It really isn't. There are far too many people in the world with slow connections - it really effects the gameplay for me. Each to their own.

Yeah I agree with that, online so far there's only been a couple of matches I really enjoyed playing, at the rest of the time it's a case of guessing at which random moment the button you pressed will be responded to, or which random player will be selected when you move the right stick or press the player select button, it makes conceding goals especially far more frustrating.

Last edited:

I was playing online with my mate last night in a ranked match

just create a guest account, try and move player 2 over and it will say sign in then use the guest account to sign him in

easy peasy ;)

How do you create a guest account?
Me and my brother tried to do coop online matches but couldn't figure it out.

edit: we have ps2 version.

the rest of the time it's a case of guessing at which random moment the button you pressed will be responded to, or which random player will be selected when you move the right stick or press the player select button, it makes conceding goals especially far more frustrating.

It's only like that for me when I play against someone from Hong Kong or Australia. And you can usually tell when you get someone like that in the team selection screen! The rest of the time it's just like playing offline for me, no problems.

It depents to everyone likes, people. You dont like simulated games you play PES. If you like to play like a real footbaler then you play FIFA08.

It really isn't. There are far too many people in the world with slow connections - it really effects the gameplay for me. Each to their own.

thats why playing online using console sucks. pc will always be the best because you can run dedicated servers that require no lag. why do you think cod4 on the pc can have up to 32 players on one match as aposed to 16 on the xbox 360 version?

any OTHER tricks to getting points?

I actually tried many times at the manager mode but i no longewr get piints and I hate the challenge mode because it makes me start to hate the game

How do you create a guest account?
Me and my brother tried to do coop online matches but couldn't figure it out.

edit: we have ps2 version.

Sorry to be a pain, but can someone give me an idiots guide to online coop?
I asked in the old gen thread but it's empty.
We don't even know how to make a guest profile :(

I actually tried many times at the manager mode but i no longewr get piints and I hate the challenge mode because it makes me start to hate the game

yesterday i completed the 30 tonaments pack bonus.. only 15000 though.
just sim every cup theres in the tornament section..you can select the 8 best teams in each cup..so its pretty hard to lose.(in some of them you already get 1500 for winning it.)

thats why playing online using console sucks. pc will always be the best because you can run dedicated servers that require no lag. why do you think cod4 on the pc can have up to 32 players on one match as aposed to 16 on the xbox 360 version?

thats what i thought i was playing msoft for.....

Some of the challenges are just crap!! Keep posession for 90% of the game and win in full time.

90%!!!!!! thats just not fun, as you have to pass it round the back all game - very tedious and totally pointless.

Some challenges are good but ones like the above do not serve any purpose but to annoy!!!

@PLACEBO
thanx for the upload m8!

anyone notice the bug with victor valdes and grosso?? they look 100% bald from the playing camera(TELE)... EA fixed grosso i their online squad update...but valdes still bald from far sight.

I quit, I'm never playing this pile of shit ever again. With dickweeds choosing Barca everytime and The CPU AI breaking the laws of physics, this quite possibly could be the worse game ever. Seriously I could have 50 people marking one of the AI's players and he would never lose the ball, turning like 700 millions times with the strength of 10 Adrianos on PES. Absolute bullshit, FIFA 92 could easily beat this game. FIFA 08 = A disgrace to football and the video gaming world.

Last edited:

Have you heart that ign are sposnors of PES2008???

Now everything can be explained about the crappy reviews of FIFA08...

Have fun with crappy PES

I quit, I'm never playing this pile of shit ever again. With dickweeds choosing Barca everytime and The CPU AI breaking the laws of physics, this quite possibly could be the worse game ever. Seriously I could have 50 people marking one of the AI's players and he would never lose the ball, turning like 700 millions times with the strength of 10 Adrianos on PES. Absolute bullshit, FIFA 92 could easily beat this game. FIFA 08 = A disgrace to football and the video gaming world.

Hahahahah.

I can just tell how frustrated this guy has been with his last game he just played or somethin. Chill out man, your wrong! But just chill...

Just played as Drogheda Vs Bohemians. Who needs Barca when you have 2 giants like these

Played this again a minute ago round a mates house and OMFG I still cant see what makes you guys say this game is good. Im playing it on Professional difficulty (which on 07 I thought was reasonably good) and the CPU is amazing! its like their players have a force field around them and you cannot win the ball back as easily as they win the ball off of you. Also the awkward controlling of the ball by WORLD CLASS PLAYERS is pathetic.... takes them far too long to get a decent touch and by then I cant run with the ball, make a pass or take a shot because the CPU player has robbed me of the ball. This reminds me so heavily of PES5 which I hated for similar reasons! Then I am playing against Chelsea and Shaun Wright Phillips is stronger than C Ronaldo according to the game... wtf?

There are soo many stupidities about this, I cant see how anyone can Enjoy the game. A lot of replays that ive seen people post have been on an easy level as defenders have been a breeze to get past... not so when I play on professional and im running with a QUICK WORLD CLASS PLAYER!!!

Just got a 19" hd tv yesterday for my bedroom.

Game looks sweet,1080p.

Starting to bore me playability wise though.

Fucking mind starts to wander to pes shitey 2008.

Played this again a minute ago round a mates house and OMFG I still cant see what makes you guys say this game is good. Im playing it on Professional difficulty (which on 07 I thought was reasonably good) and the CPU is amazing! its like their players have a force field around them and you cannot win the ball back as easily as they win the ball off of you. Also the awkward controlling of the ball by WORLD CLASS PLAYERS is pathetic.... takes them far too long to get a decent touch and by then I cant run with the ball, make a pass or take a shot because the CPU player has robbed me of the ball. This reminds me so heavily of PES5 which I hated for similar reasons! Then I am playing against Chelsea and Shaun Wright Phillips is stronger than C Ronaldo according to the game... wtf?

There are soo many stupidities about this, I cant see how anyone can Enjoy the game. A lot of replays that ive seen people post have been on an easy level as defenders have been a breeze to get past... not so when I play on professional and im running with a QUICK WORLD CLASS PLAYER!!!

Sadly,I have to agree with you DJ.

:(

Hold on there sparky, you have mates?

;)

Seriously though, different people like different things. If everyone enjoyed the same thing then life would be dull as fuck. My advice to you would be not to play the game if you dont like it

Back
Top Bottom