FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Holding it for more power on a free kick is useless I've found, it ALWAYS hits the wall. A normal shot is much more effective (it goes over the wall for a start).

how did u manage that? in the same console or from two seperate consoles?

I was playing online with my mate last night in a ranked match

just create a guest account, try and move player 2 over and it will say sign in then use the guest account to sign him in

easy peasy ;)

I was playing online with my mate last night in a ranked match

just create a guest account, try and move player 2 over and it will say sign in then use the guest account to sign him in

easy peasy ;)

That had me well confused at first. I thought it meant making a new account on the FIFA profiles. It sucks that my mate can't use his actual profile though, and record details against his Gamertag (such as achievements for goals etc).

free kicks go in way to easy.. The computer had 4 FK's against me and scored them all.. Then i got 2 and scored both of them.. Would of been nice to see a few hit the wall or be saved..

I am just getting into the challenges and I love them! 'Be A Pro' is such a superb feature. I love playing as Scholes in the midfield and popping up and snatching cheeky goals just like the real Ginger Prince.

This game just keeps getting better for me. :)

I have a couple of questions. How do you hit a low cross using manual crossing or is it not possible? What is time length you are using? I play 10 minute halves.

free kicks go in way to easy.. The computer had 4 FK's against me and scored them all.. Then i got 2 and scored both of them.. Would of been nice to see a few hit the wall or be saved..

Are you putting a defender on the line when the AI gets a freekick? Makes a big difference, I've saved about 10 clear goals with headed/kicked clearances in my manager mode season.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JQE9fi5-bFc

Isn't that power shot just imagination? There is nothing about it in the manual or in the game.
i think so...
the reason why u get nice shoots with that button pressed is because it keeps the ball more under your player's control, so he can really hit the ball well...thats all it does..ive tested it a LOT from the day the dame came out till i get the full game..and it does nothing but that...u can notice if u shoot without holding the sprint button, the shot will go at the same power as when u hold LB (new alternate)

ps. exemple is that cracker i scored with yakubu, i didnt hold any extra buttons beside the shoot button

wow..man when playing the demo i the AI was also scoring way too many FKs against me..not with the full game ive only seen one by newcastle's geremi, in my second ever game , r u holding the B button to make your wall jump? i got a lot of defectlions doing this..

Can people just look at the controller settings screen and browse through the pages to actually see what button is what. This discussion is ridiculous asking which button does which shot.

@ FerrariTim, its described in the explanation pages in the game controller menu. Just hit a trigger button and you will be moved to the explanation of all the functions in the game placed in the appropriate elements (defending, freekicks, shooting, dribbling, etc)

@ Placebo, how do you get a defender on the line? Do you just select a guy who isnt in the wall and walk him over?

Last edited:

Can people just look at the controller settings screen and browse through the pages to actually see what button is what. This discussion is ridiculous asking which button does which shot.

@ FerrariTim, its described in the explanation pages in the game controller menu. Just hit a trigger button and you will be moved to the explanation of all the functions in the game placed in the appropriate elements (defending, freekicks, shooting, dribbling, etc)

@ Placebo, how do you get a defender on the line? Do you just select a guy who isnt in the wall and walk him over?

hehe

Yep exactly that, ideally you want to put him next to the keeper, in between the post the keeper is covering and the the keeper himself, just look at the radar and walk your guy over to the keeper's dot, then get ready to head the ball, and if your luck is in and the keeper misses the shot you'll head it off the line, the one on youtube I got my defender's position wrong, it was a pure accident he was in the middle of the goal but as you can see it was the perfect position :)

I wish I could save some of the replays of my online goals, I will not be playing this game offline at all ever. My best game was me choosing my home team Nigeria versus a Mexican guy who chose Mexico. It was freaking awesome. I won 2-1 but it was a hell of a game. Borgetti ran circles around my D sometimes but Yakubu made up for it. Wish Okocha was in the National team though :(

mate, i think that was me.. it was on Sunday?

I must be playing a different game to most people on here, Comp has scored 1 out of about 8-10 FK's and I Have made the keeper save about 2 from the same number, struggling to score FK's... as for skills, I can't get anything more than the odd step over!

ENGLAND ARE SHIT *************STOP PRESS*******************

PAUL RUBBERHANDSON IS AWFUL********************************************************************STEVE MC'CHUMP CANT MANAGE A PENSIONERS TEA PARTY************************* STOP PRESS**************************

ABSOLUTE WANK.............I AM ASHAMED TO BE ENGLISH

ENGLAND ARE SHIT *************STOP PRESS*******************

PAUL RUBBERHANDSON IS AWFUL********************************************************************STEVE MC'CHUMP CANT MANAGE A PENSIONERS TEA PARTY************************* STOP PRESS**************************

ABSOLUTE WANK.............I AM ASHAMED TO BE ENGLISH

As I don't get to watch matches live is it really necessary to post spoilers in a Fifa thread? There are actual football threads to discuss football which I can avoid and thus not have my watching of a match ruined.

I am still not sure what game you guys are playing. Have you read winstons sig? it sums up exactly what I feel about FIFA, the back four being rock solid regardless as to what team. Barca or Bristol City!.

Also what I have said about every attacking player getting a nose bleed outside the oppositions Penalty Area and mis-controling the damn ball everytime! Or they do a Michael Jackson dance move with their feet and EVENTUALLY control the ball! By that time the CPU Defenders (who are like Men of Steel on Pro or World Class) nick the ball off of you EASILY... yet they have the most perfect control going when they get to your penalty box... what gives?

Are FIFASoccerBlog still in touch with EA? Is the patch coming out anytime soon?

I am still not sure what game you guys are playing. Have you read winstons sig? it sums up exactly what I feel about FIFA, the back four being rock solid regardless as to what team. Barca or Bristol City!.

Also what I have said about every attacking player getting a nose bleed outside the oppositions Penalty Area and mis-controling the damn ball everytime! Or they do a Michael Jackson dance move with their feet and EVENTUALLY control the ball! By that time the CPU Defenders (who are like Men of Steel on Pro or World Class) nick the ball off of you EASILY... yet they have the most perfect control going when they get to your penalty box... what gives?

Maybe your just shit at the game :)

In all fairness i am still playing this like PES and things piss me off. Sometimes i play it how its meant to be played and the game is fucking unbelievable

Back
Top Bottom