FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

playing this game on highest difficulty is such ass. The PC makes all these incredible perfect passes and through balls, it has NEVER, NOT EVER, made a pass that misses its target, only time I get the ball is if I tackle or I anticipate one of its incredolous passes and intercept the ball. On highest difficulty the game is ass.

But man, playing online is a thing of beauty. Unlike PES where half the time I win I thank God the script was on my side (hehe) and I can play the game like a robot and score the same way with the same cutback or predictable run, each game of FIFA online is like so unpredictable, sometimes when I score like in a real game, I am like, whew, I so earned that with some sweet play. Other times I am like OMG, it went in! PES never had me jump out of my chair screaming haha

Plus I can actually use dribbles and have them work some of the time, something you cannot do at all with the CPU on highest difficulty.

I wish I could save some of the replays of my online goals, I will not be playing this game offline at all ever. My best game was me choosing my home team Nigeria versus a Mexican guy who chose Mexico. It was freaking awesome. I won 2-1 but it was a hell of a game. Borgetti ran circles around my D sometimes but Yakubu made up for it. Wish Okocha was in the National team though :(

Now we just need be a pro online and saving replays offline. That is all I want in this game. I know EA will fail to fix this but I can wish for perfection cant I :D

i hit both posts and the bar in 1 shot against derby in the online league

Thats crazy talk!! how did that happen - must have hit the bar at an angle then the post and bounced along the line onto the other post?!

Crazy

anyone know why since i downloaded the update earlier today that the game will not start up on my ps3?

lol it hit one post went up, hit the bar then along the line and hit the other post and was cleared

just put on FIFA 08. Went straight into manager mode with marseille. smashed nice 4-0 at home on semi-pro. think I gonna have to go up bump up difficulty. they never had one shot on goal.

The thing is clearly messed up in respect to difficulty levels. Semi-pro is a tad too easy and Professional has too many cheats. The perfect difficulty level would be just between them. Can't understand how testers didn't find that. It's so obvious.

About online, I played with Cameroon against Barcelona (people always choose barcelona, and even though I'm from barcelona and a big barça fan, is tiring). I won 3-1 and played incredibly well. I scored a long lobbed ball and a chip one. Just nice!!!!

I disagree Drekkard. Professional seems a PERFECT difficulty for me. :)

Good idea - someone should suggest this to the team at EA.

I think it'd be harder to implement than it is in Madden since there are so many different factors.

I'd start off with AI and Human for:

Goalkeeper skill (reactions, etc)
Defence Skill (a bit vague, but something to sort out the 'samey' feeling people are getting)
Shot Strength
Shot Accuracy
Reaction Time (this would probably be harder to do than the others)
Pass Strength
Pass Accuracy
Player Speed
Aerial Skill(something like that to sort out headers)

Something like that anyway

I disagree Drekkard. Professional seems a PERFECT difficulty for me. :)

same here m8!
im having a blast with my current manager mode with everton, very realistic results.. i stand in 5th place now.. the only top4 team i beat was arsenal at emirates..but oh, that was problaby the best game in howard's EPL life..he was like a brick wall, nothing went through.. than in the second half i got a quick counter attack which ended with cahill low crossing to yakubu who just tapped it in...
in the end arsenal had more than 10 shots while , me , well only 2... the goal plus one very long shot by gravesen... felt so real that game, and also very rewarding.
lost to liverpool 1-2 at home
lost to chalsea 3-0 away
and draw with utd at home 1-1...i evan uploaded yakubu's goal in that macht a cracker from outside the box!

something that still amazes me is the diference between teams...i see many peolple saying every team feels the same in this game, still i can notice it alot, more than i ever did against the PES AI. i find it so easy to go through lower league team defenses like Milwall(beat them 5-1 in the cup), and against top teams like arsenal i can barely see their goalie kit.

Can someone remind me how to view all the transfers that have happened to date so I can see if any big names have moved around? I'm sure there's a way to see it but I can't find it for the life of me :(

I had a time where I was hitting the bar and post alot, but found it was me pressing the button for the same amount of time in a similar position, so eased off with a shorter press whilst holding LB and bingo.

What does LB do when shooting? RB is a finesse shot, I know that much.

UK, October 17, 2007 - IGN is offering 40 readers the chance to become a record breaker by taking part in the biggest game of FIFA 08 in the world… Ever! Yep, you could become a FIFA world beater by joining team IGN and showing your skills as part of EA's London Games Festival event planned for next week.

Participants will be invited to play on stage at the event taking place at Leicester Square, competing against a host of other competitors from across the country, as well as some of the biggest names in Premier League football.

To enter simply email your details - name, age, home address, email address and contact number - to ignukfeedback@ign.com. Please mark entries FIFA Challenge. Winners will be picked at random and anyone chosen will be emailed further details about when and where they need to be in due course. Be warned though, you must be able to make your own way to London and be available on the morning of Thursday 25 October.

Biggest game? Each player takes the role of one player on a pitch? Or just a normal tournament?

Yeah you have 4 types of shot in the game, normal, power, chip and finesse.

As for the difficulty, Ive got it on pro and that seems about right atm. Every game is tough but with concentration I can use my team to get a goal and shut out an opponent. My biggest win so far is 4-0, Ive had a 4-1 and a couple of 3-0's. But most of the time its winning by a single goal margin (1-0/2-1) and a few 2-0's. Aswell as the draws, which are usually 0-0 or 1-1 with my highest scoring draw being a 2-2.

So so far it seems pretty good, although I will likely move up to WC sooner then later.

Isn't that power shot just imagination? There is nothing about it in the manual or in the game.

It says when you take a free kick it gives you more power. I don't know about out field. But if Dr Force says it does then it must do.

Back
Top Bottom