FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I played this yesterday for the first time. Started at celtic on professional. I have only played 4 games but I really like it. I think the response times are fine, the pace of the game is spot on (slightly quicker than demo) and I can tell the difference between players.

When I have the ball with Mcgeady or Nakumera i can change directions at pace a lot quicker than I can with Van Hesselink for instance. I notice the touch of players is not the same for everyone. As for the teams I played Hibs and they really made a go of it. However when I played Inverness I was all over them and they hardly had any attacks.

I have played 4 and won 2 and drew 2 but only won 1-0 twice.

It is hard to get in behind and get one on one situations but I am new to this and just have to practise. Using Semi on everything at the moment as I dont think I'm ready for manual. As a Winning Eleven gamer since WE6 I must say I am very pleased with Fifa08 and EA seem to be getting things right!!!

OK So I've played a fair bit of this gem.

Needless to say, it's the best soccer(stupid me) game I'VE ever played. Like I previously said it feels like you're playing the ball and the shooting at goal is very realistic as it's really either only a good striker with a good chance or a medium to average striker that hits the bar and then with your own know how on how to score it ends up being just right yet frustrating.

Can't really complain other than about three things

ADBOARDS STADIUMS WEATHER

This should be in next years Fifa...

Why is the majority of the WE thread got there tongues up WENB butt holes?

I can't fault WE2008. It seems to have great cut scenes and interaction with whats going on and great editing functions, but it's no more than a 2008 version of Virtua Striker as far as gameplay. they have not done anything major to the engine other than port and exsisting "working method" onto next gen and made it work. Konami have missed the ball on this i have no hope for the series moving foward towards realism at all.

When i saw WE2008 on the Wii i thought "HEY that's the PS3 version no?"

As I don't get to watch matches live is it really necessary to post spoilers in a Fifa thread? There are actual football threads to discuss football which I can avoid and thus not have my watching of a match ruined.

what spoilers? this aint movie thread or a game with a story to it

Hinting at the England result/performance from last night's Russia v England match (I did quote the comments so it should be clear what I was talking about).

I agree with Placebo. Unfortunately here in the US unless you want to pay PAY PER VIEW charges we don't get the England matches live. We get them a few days later.

I just lost 5-0 away to the fuckers, my first season in the prem at professional level (Championship season was played at semipro) is proving a real challenge, 0-4 at home to Blackburn, 2-2 away to ManUtd, 0-5 away to Arsenal, 0-2 at home to Bolton and just finished 1-5 away to Portsmouth :(

seriously though, isnt that passing movement getting old.. i mean i do that exact same movement all the time,

pass in a diagonal fashion thru the midfield
pass to forward
forward gets double teamend
thru ball to winger
cross

this situation happens all the time and for any team...
nope!
specially if u dont use the 442 tatic...that situation is rearely seen when i play with my 41212 tatic
also , that does happen a lot in real life if the team use wingers.

nope!
specially if u dont use the 442 tatic...that situation is rearely seen when i play with my 41212 tatic
also , that does happen a lot in real life if the team use wingers.

umm cmom man that doesnt happen 6 to 7 times in a game... my biggest fault is the lack of counterattacking and driblling(mayhbe i just suck at the dribbling)

so there is no way to review replays on the xbox 360 itself? we have to go to the website to view it? if so that is daft.

I am loving this game online though, screw playing championship or manager mode or whatever, online is where its at.

I am NEVER playing vs Barcelona again online, they are a team used by cunts

anyone else been getting Dirty Disc Errors at random points on the 360 version?

The game is unplayable as after a few minutes of a match it basically tells me to clean the disc and sends me to the dashboard.

Really annoynig as I'm loving the game, but if no joy in fixing the issue i'll have to buy you know what next week.

(The disc is not dirty- its bloody immaculate!)

Cheers

umm cmom man that doesnt happen 6 to 7 times in a game... my biggest fault is the lack of counterattacking and driblling(mayhbe i just suck at the dribbling)

well i do see that a lot in real games..specially here in brazil...teams tend to pass alot from side to side just outside the box...
also about dribling all i can say is that i can do them pretty consistently, specially with the good players(but for that i AWAYS hold LB(new alternate) and never use the sprint button)

Fantastic goal Coopz!

I scored my best goal so far in Manager Mode with PSG earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8UuCBwCX2k

I still can't believe how much I am loving this game. Manager Mode is so good - I am noticing new ways of playing, new animations, new commentary and scoring better goals with every game. I played a few online games today and although I won a few, I hated every one. This game is seriously crap on LIVE for me. It is sluggish, unresponsive and I meet far too many people with slow connections. Thank God for the superb single-player modes.

Overall, I can safely say that after playing a 1000 matches that I think this is the best football game I have ever played. :)

Last edited:

I played a few online games today and although I won a few, I hated every one. This game is seriously crap on LIVE for me. It is sluggish, unresponsive and I meet far too many people with slow connections.

It's the same bloody game...

Starting to really hate this game, for one its god awful boring to play, every game feels the same, combine that with the unresponsive contols and the total lack of feel. It just not fun to play for me.

I am half desent at it, can win on pro level, score plenty of goals, none of which give me any pleasure, cause half the time it doesnt feel like its took any skill to score it, the other half just dont care, that is this games biggest fault for me, it just doesnt make you care, its just so slow and cumberson you end up not giving a shit half way through the game because your so bored by it.

If this is a simulation of football EA can keep it, its just pure shite to me. PES may have its faults but at least is fun and engaging unlike this shit.

Hahaha CW I know exactly what you mean. My live experience is completely ruined by people who keep selecting the same trio of teams Barcelona, Manchester United or Inter... oh sorry and the odd AC Milan, Chelsea. It's ridiculous.

I have to say I went back on my word, I'm still playing Fifa.. I had it all parceled up ready to be sold but then realised I don't have any other games that are worth playing at the moment. So I'm sticking with Fifa, till next Friday anyways when Jericho and PES come out.

I have to say I've never been so frustrated and pissed off with a game in all my life. On my way to work this morning I was still pissed off with all the stupid glitches that keep cropping up every game. Back to Super-Rub 'a' Dub it is.

Back
Top Bottom