FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Finally got the hang of doing the rabona - can do it most time i try now... in the arena!

Must try and do it in an actual game now

watch

Also love this trick - although can't remember what it's called - Rivaldo turn maybe?

watch

Last edited:

thats the trick...claiming to do the rabona all the time but not telling how to do so. So you can be special in a forum for a while...^^

Am i being completely stupid as i cant seem to find it, but is there a way on this game for me to do a Premier league, complete with Carling Cup, FA Cup, Champions League etc?

thats the trick...claiming to do the rabona all the time but not telling how to do so. So you can be special in a forum for a while...^^

For the rabona you need to change direction to the players weak foot. Do this using the right analogue stick to knock the ball away. In the vid i used Ronaldinho - not all players can do it obviously. Ronaldinho is right footed so you knock the ball to his left with the right stick.
Immediately you do that tap the left stick twice in the same direction (not sure if this is essential but it seems to increase the success rate)
You then press up on the left stick and tap the long pass button (don't think it works if you use the shoot button)
The 3 taps of the left stick need to be done pretty quickly. If you do that then more often than not the result will be a rabona. Not quite sure i will ever have the time or manual dexterity to pull it off in game!
You do not hold the trick button in during this at all.

You only needed to ask;)

TBH i thought it was on here i read how to do it so i didn't see the point in repeating it.

Ok guys.I've had the game now for a few days & loving it.I have been mostly playing ONLINE(60 matches).:)

I look forward to playing in the online PS3 league w/u guys,should be fun.

One thing though is it seems alot of people just want 2 play with the big teams online which is ok sometimes,butI would like 2 play with small teams which rarely happens,kinda sucks cause there are lots of teams 2 choose from.Anyways yhea,see u latr.:8):

The more I play the game and get used to it (coming from years of Pro Evo) the more I like it. Still struggling on winning 50:50 headers in the opponents 18 yard area (TIPS PLEASE!!!!!).

I tried playing the PES2008 demo some more but compared to FIFA 08 this year there's no contest. FIFA 08 looks and feels like the real thing.

Gamertag: the7wolf for anybody who wants to beat me to crap online (I still suck relatively to everybody else!)

Guys can someone answer me the following two questions:

1. If a game is a draw at the end of 90 minutes in CUSTOM match online, do I HAVE to play penalties? Will it award the other player 3-0 if I select "Return To Arena"?

2. Can I set my formation/first eleven and save it for online? I HATE having to select my team everytime. I don't always like the default formations.

Thanks in advance :)

*Runs back to 360 for some more online action*

ptfcdb, how did you do the side roll right into the rivaldo? I can't get it to come out instantly like you did. Only once by accident.

That's it I'm selling the game. I'm so sick of all the bugs and I've been cheated far too many times in manager mode. From loading screens at substitutions to goalkeepers who magically disappear when I'm winning on legendary. The reaction times piss me off, the laggy online play pisses me off and I'm completely sick of the sluggish style of play. Good luck everyone else.. I for one will be buying PES this year in the hope it will actually be any good.. I'm not holding my breath though. Otherwise there's no footy games for me this year.

Last edited:

ptfcdb, how did you do the side roll right into the rivaldo? I can't get it to come out instantly like you did. Only once by accident.

Hold the trick button in and move the right stick from centered (neutral) to bottom middle, roll it round a quarter turn to the left and then immediately roll it back round a half turn to the right. The movement of the stick needs to be fairly quick for it to come off. Not sure when you would have enough time in game to pull it off but i will try and post a vid if successful.

The more I play the game and get used to it (coming from years of Pro Evo) the more I like it. Still struggling on winning 50:50 headers in the opponents 18 yard area (TIPS PLEASE!!!!!).

The only tip really is to use the jostle button to try to gain a positional advantage over your marker as the ball is coming in, but generally the defender if they're in anyway half decent should have a slight advantage because of them facing the direction the ball is coming in at them.....

Oh yeah I know how to do the rivaldo I meant how did you link the two tricks together? I can only do it after a stepover, roll, rivaldo.

btw. I just came up with this awesome way to get into position for a Rabona, makes it simple to pull off. works 100% for me now.

Video

Last edited:

That's it I'm selling the game. I'm so sick of all the bugs and I've been cheated far too many times in manager mode. From loading screens at substitutions to goalkeepers who magically disappear when I'm winning on legendary. The reaction times piss me off, the laggy online play pisses me off and I'm completely sick of the sluggish style of play. Good luck everyone else.. I for one will be buying PES this year in the hope it will actually be any good.. I'm not holding my breath though. Otherwise there's no footy games for me this year.

And you're hoping to escape cheating with PES?????? That's like selling a puppy and buying a wolf because you were a bit fed up of the puppy biting you.

Nice goals but looks like you were playing on amateur? I play on semi-pro in the Championship and the defending is much better than that against me......

Oh yeah I know how to do the rivaldo I meant how did you link the two tricks together? I can only do it after a stepover, roll, rivaldo.

I think it just happens when you do the action for the rivaldo from a more or less stationery position

Can somebody post how to do a rabona on the 360 please guys? Also, which tricks are useful for getting past defenders in 1 on 1 situations? Thanks :)

i would guess it is just the same as the ps3 - see my description a few posts up. I still have the demo on the 360 so i'll check tonight if no-one else has confirmed the position

sorry if this has been mentioned but im at work at cant have a look through all the previos pages!! can you change the speed of the game?? im hearing you can change it to premiership- speed and it makes the game quicker?? please help. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom