FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

How exactly do you get the points to unlock the extra kits ??

Also I'm a bit miffed Napoli, Genoa and Cagliari are unlicenced.

Got a PS3 and the game this morning. Have to say I haven't experienced any bugs yet and I have completed a league.. I know it's sad I've been playing it all day. It's weird how well I've taken to the game already won on professional (2-0) and world class (3-1). Got to say though loving the game it feels really real. Sometimes I do feel as if it lags a bit though i.e. sometimes the pass takes longer than it should.

you have to view your online career and keep pressing the triggers till you get to the list of players you played last, then click on there gamertag

nah, you can see how many points they have collected, thats usually a good clue, if they have over 10.000 they usually are quite good, Im up to 97.000 at the minute and im rank 300 roughly so thats usually some help

- Wheres the Ref?

on pc version you can go to the

"my fifa 08" , "game settings" , "system" and you can set the ref on

and also you can set the linesmen on

I try it on pc and it is work

try on your ps3 version and tell me the answer..?

\\:o/

Last edited:
Last edited:

just played italy v argentina on pro won the game 3-2 after being 3up at HT, didnt care when i scored, didnt care when they came back at me, was totaly placid throughout the game, thats the problem with this game it doesnt stir emotion, its too clyinical and sterile for me.

Want to like this game i do, payed £40 for it, just dont see what you lot see in it.

footyfan do yo play manager mode, because to be honest even when I'm playing PES if It's not in ML I can't get excited about playing, still trying to get into the Fifa mode though I still don't feel fully in control and the lag between press and do still grinds, but loving the real leagues and teams even though they have managed to botch quite a few things in that department too...

Does anyone else think Be a Pro is the best mode ever in a football game? It's almost more rewarding to get an assist than it is to score.

The 5 on 5 online is going to be too good.

Awesome assist I just had in Be a pro

Awesome assist I had with Kaka

Last edited:

Has anyone else had this glitch with the crowd?
Looks like OT has been rebuilt and they haven't got around to putting the seats in yet...

DSC00330.jpg

I've heard of it but I've never seen it, that is really weird.

Someone said they solved it by unplugging the PS3 for a few minutes...?

Maybe true, because we'd been on FIFA non-stop for a couple of hours when it happened.

It's happening again now and I've been on it all night...

Maybe time to turn the PS3 off....

Is it in an enclosed space? Try bringing it out where it can get some circulation. As a last resort, put a fan right next to it on full blast. =P

Yeah, that's happened to me once in the demo. I thought it was because I was playing like shit, but I've read that this happens when you play a PS3 game or demo for a while before launching FIFA. Well, that's what I've heard, so it's most likely rubbish. Anyway, regarding the problem I had with the demo, I recall the crowd got their asses back to the stands the day after.

Anyway, it's really cool to see the stadium without the crowd. They've really done a great job. EA, employ me.

By the way, I've been studying Maths for a couple of hours and now I've just realized it's too late to go play a bit. Oh no. :cry:

Last edited:

I have two of the biggest tips that probably noone has mentioned - if they have I"m too lazy to say otherwise ;)

The following are based on the New Alternate Control Settings. I have autoswitching at 2 clicks from the left.

Pass - Semi
Through Pass - Assisted
Shot - Semi
Cross - Semi
Lob Pass - Manual

Level - World Class, 10 minutes

Tactics - Attack, Defense Line - Normal, Pressure - Own Half.

1. Tap L1 (Jockey) button all the time when you want to keep close control. DO NOT HOLD IT DOWN - that does nothing. By tapping it repeatedly and moving your player in a circle, you'll avoid those annoying perfect tackles by the AI. Remember it also depends on your players ability so don't get mad if it doesn't work all the time.

2. When defending. Instead of just using L1 (Jockey), hold down both buttons L1 and R1, so that your player strafes from side to side. Do not press the tackle button unless you are absolutely sure you can make the tackle. I use this method of strafing when the cpu is going right up the gut as they tend to do consistently - this frustrates them and they end up passing to the wings, thus becoming very one dimensional.

Speaking of the wings - I have no idea how to defend it, it's pretty difficult.

Question about playing online.....

I know that we can of course only use default squads online and we can't use custom formations, but is there anyway I can set up my lineup and tactics out of that default squad and have it saved so that I don't have to spend 10 minutes before every online match choosing my starting lineup/kick takers/tactics?

Back
Top Bottom