FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Hi Guys

I just got the game yesterday.

Any tips for defending crosses?

Hi mate, welcome to the forum :)

When defending a cross, push the stick against an attacker (so if Drogba is pushing to your left push the stick right) and hold the shoot button to clear it HIGH. If you want to pass the header away, hold the PASS button but beware: the attackers sometimes jump onto passed headers.

Hi guys, also new around here and also getting frustrated about losing goals from crosses. Is there no specific button for positioning yourself in the air a la the R2 (or the xbox equivalent) in PES?

Also, how can I make my players make some more imaginative runs from corners? When attacking the ball at a corner, do you think it's best to use the sprint button to get your player to the ball, or just position them methodically just using the left stick?

Really like the game, not sure I like it enough to not give PES a go though. We'll see!

Hi mate, welcome to the forum :)

When defending a cross, push the stick against an attacker (so if Drogba is pushing to your left push the stick right) and hold the shoot button to clear it HIGH. If you want to pass the header away, hold the PASS button but beware: the attackers sometimes jump onto passed headers.

Thanks, I’m long PES/WE fan but enjoying a lot this game and is so challenging to defend air balls that sometimes get me frustated

Hi guys, also new around here and also getting frustrated about losing goals from crosses. Is there no specific button for positioning yourself in the air a la the R2 (or the xbox equivalent) in PES?

Use the jostle button to challenge for the ball in the air, I use New Alternative and jostle is LB.....

dont let them get the cross in mate, I track them all the way down the line,

I'm having one of these days again, my passing game is flowing well and I'm creating chances but I can't hit a barn door.
I'm still enjoying it to it though.

1.3mb d/l and 334 u/l i think.

I dont have lag everygame but the games I do pisses me off. I dont mean heavy lag. You can barely see it. You can just feel it, like when you press pass and nothing happens because its lagged and forgotten your command.

1.3mb d/l and 334 u/l i think.

I dont have lag everygame but the games I do pisses me off. I dont mean heavy lag. You can barely see it. You can just feel it, like when you press pass and nothing happens because its lagged and forgotten your command.

334 up is pretty slow mate

Are the EA servers down? Because when I try to go to an online part of FIFA (The CPU pissed me off already after one game and a week of not playing FIFA) it says I need to be signed in and on the EA servers.

Edit: Nevermind, I turned FIFA off and on again and it's working now.

For fucks sake, what's with all the knobhead glory hunters constantly picking Inter, Barca, Brazil, Man Utd and Chelsea when playing online?!

Spending 15 mins just looking for a different opposition!

Not sure what's going on but my DNF % is going up because I keep getting disconnected and then getting told I can't access the EA servers. Pain in the arse all this :(

Quick question. How does the age of players work in the Fifa Manager Mode?

i.e. do they get worse as they get older (like in PES) and do they retire at a certain age?

Cause there's some great buys that are dirt cheap, but only cause they're 32+. I wanna know if I should buy them or not!

Got a PS3 today, with Fifa 08

Im quite impressed so far, but the buttons are pissing me off!

how do i change them manually? Im used to the PES buttons.

thanks

Erm on the 360 on New Alt, sprint is the equivilent of R2. I'm sure you can change the buttons around though?

Quick question. How does the age of players work in the Fifa Manager Mode?

i.e. do they get worse as they get older (like in PES) and do they retire at a certain age?

Cause there's some great buys that are dirt cheap, but only cause they're 32+. I wanna know if I should buy them or not!

My first retiree player is retiring at the end of the season at 37, it announced it at the beginning of the season, so you will get at least two seasons out of any signing i should think...

I got on fine a minute ago, Miguel.

Am I right in thinking you can't use custom formations online? Or even custom individual mentality? If so, that's a massive flaw in my opinion.

I don't think you can.

*Heads to the PS3.*

Edit: Bah. It won't fucking work. :cry: I guess it's time to start playing some of the offline modes, probably the manager mode. Hmmm. Nah, I'll just do a FA Cup with Aston Villa. :|

Last edited:

Does this game remind any of you of PES3? I remember not liking it first and then really loving it (like all good songs!). I played a online game with a mate and we were loving it - he still says he prefers PES though :roll:

I'm finding it to be a difficult task (without sounding stupid) to make friends like it - as I said before, it is unlike any FIFA I previously played.

BTW, I haven't tried, but is it possible to utilize counterattack into one of the directional keys?

Just had some great online games. Really liking my West Ham team. Been getting a bit of practice in. Just had my first "The disc is unreadable" error. Half time online against some guy as boro. Ah well, it was 0-0 at HT

Back
Top Bottom