FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Do what I did mate. Choose Manager Mode in a league that you won't want to play (there are loads, I chose the SPL because it's short, crap and easy to win with Celtic/Rangers.) SIMULATE every match and you'll RACK the points up! It takes about 30 mins to do a whole league, which ain't too bad.

:)

Bloody brilliant!!!!!!

Just played my first ever unranked game, against someone called SHADOW IMPOSTER, I chose Sheffield Wednesday and he chose Italy, real nice.....

Anyways despite him winning 1-0 I played better than him and had more chances and possession, so a moral victory for me I think :)

Today I finaly played this game on my PS3. But I am very disapointed because I can´t control the game with the direcional buttons of my joystick..

Is it possible to control with the direcional buttons??

I HATE TO PLAY WITH THE ANALOG CONTROL..

Just played another match, me as Sheff Weds v Celtic, was 1-1 then the connection was lost in the second half, I got credited with the win, which is nice :)

Has anyone else had connection problems tonight? I've had about 5 disconnects and my ranking has taken a battering. Also my DNF is showing at 5%. WTF EA sort it out.

Sorry EA , it was a problem my end. Hopefully it's sorted now and I can try and get my ranking back up.

Sorry EA , it was a problem my end. Hopefully it's sorted now and I can try and get my ranking back up.

:lol: I was having issues like that with my Wireless Router. So I moved the router into my room so I can connect the ethernet cable straight to the 360, no more disconnections :mryellow: Good job I work for a networking company :lol: :mryellow:

Yep, I was having problems with lag using wireless, so bought a hub/switch and connected eveything to that using ethernet cables and it's been pretty good :)

I haven't decided whether to upgrade the xbox and buy an elite with the falcon chipset or get a ps3 with the price cut so I am feeling very jelous of you guys, I am waiting to buy the final version once i make uy my mind about the format.

But some videos posted are really classy.

Played more matches yesterday. Right now just freindlys.

The game hasn't been a chore and me being the 'casual gamer" i find novice almost perfect. haven't seen a bad keeper and the plays been realistic. Novice allows for some free thinking which i like where the other diff. settings start making it harder. I know I'll bump it up to a higher setting,but first i gotta figure out what everything does and also try and feel out the amount of button sensativity i should be using because thats a big thing

Any advice about the camera to use?

I'm an (ex) hardcore PES player, and TV camera is too far. I use Dynamic V1 by elimination :(
Can we unlock new cameras?

Any advice about the camera to use?

I'm an (ex) hardcore PES player, and TV camera is too far. I use Dynamic V1 by elimination :(
Can we unlock new cameras?

Depends on what size TV you have..

I play on tele which would be amazing on a 40 inch widescreen but sadly I play it on a 30 inch widescreen:(

dynamic is too far in.

Depends on what size TV you have..

I play on tele which would be amazing on a 40 inch widescreen but sadly I play it on a 30 inch widescreen:(

dynamic is too far in.

I play on a 32inch Widescreen...

i play on "tele" which i find to be good - haven't tried the others to be honest - i think the "tele" cam gives a wide enough view to let you see where others are on the pitch - i think anything closer in would be too restricted.
Lucky enough to be playing on a 50" screen\\:o/

i play on "tele" which i find to be good - haven't tried the others to be honest - i think the "tele" cam gives a wide enough view to let you see where others are on the pitch - i think anything closer in would be too restricted.

But I'm too familiar playing with the radar, so I prefer a close view for the moves I'm performing ;)

Online is turninmg into a nightmare for me.

There is a hint of lag in everygame and my players just feel useless. So unresponsive its fucking abysmal.

cool!

Can you guys access the online features of the game? I've tried several times and it keeps telling me the EA serves aren't available at the moment so I'll have to try later.

I've rebooted both the PS3 and the router and it still doesn't work. I also can't access the main EA site from the PC, so it's not the PS3's fault.

Right, I am confused about something with this game. I have been loving until now but ...

IT'S A FIFA GAME - WHY DO I STILL LOVE IT AFTER 2 WEEKS OF NON-STOP PLAY?!(sorry for enthusiastic CAPS). I swear, the more time I put into it, the more rewarding the game seems. I LOVE manager mode so therefore I am really not bothered about online (apart from Jack Bauer's Prem/Champ leagues cause playing you guys should be fun :)). My PSG career is going quite well but some of the football I am playing is like an in-form Arsenal at times. This game flows with so much realism. I feel every emotion too. YES, I get frustrated. I also SCREAM when I slot a goal away, just like I did with PES 3 and 5. I have a new best friend. That best friend is FIFA 08 on the Sexbox 360. I just unlocked PSG's third kit in the shop too and it's GORGEOUS!

4%20Thumbs%20Up.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom