FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Ok so ive had the game since Weds now and have played it as much as i can in the last few days.. To be honest its grown on me alot and after careful consideration i would have no problem giving Fifa 08 a very nice 9/10... Heres a few pros and cons of mine..

Pro's
- Presentation superb, kits, leagues etc
- Plenty of different modes
- Gameplay is very nice.. I know some ppl have said before thats its to slow and i though that was the case aswell but after a while of playing, it just feels spot on.. You can't get much closer than this than real football..
- Online has a lot of options, although ive only played a few games, manager mode is to addicting.. :)
- Commentary, bloody amazing!

Con's
- Limited cut scenes, they get pretty repetative after a while, would of been nice for a few diff here and there..
- Wheres the Ref?
- Freezes now and then, not quite sure why this happens.. PS3 version im talking about but i believe it does the same on the 360..
- Using the analog to move, im getting use to it but it would of been nice to have the choice to use the directional buttons as well..
- Faces look pretty crappy.. Need to work on it next year!

Well theres my 2 cents, a very very nice game by EA and i only hope they stick to this kind of gameplay for next years game.. Just add some new stuff, such as refs, better cutscenes, maybe more realistic nets and i would easily buy it again next year!.. :applause:

Last edited:

Still loving this but for some reason i have stopped receiving end of match emails - got them after every online match to begin with but none now for 3 or 4 days - anyone else having this problem - no biggie - just wondered if it was just me

Do they actually say anything worth reading?

All the end of match emails I ever got just said "You 0 - 0 Other Person" (well duh, I knew that) and didn't have any stats or anything else. So what's the point in them?

Just got in from my mates where we had a 4 man league where we played each other twice, I took my projector and my gosh does FIFA look beautiful on a 106" screen. My mates, all PES nuts are now converted and of course I won the tournie, but it was a cracking laugh and we'll be doing it again.

Pro's
- Presentation superb, kits, leagues etc
- Plenty of different modes
- Gameplay is very nice.. I know some ppl have said before thats its to slow and i though that was the case aswell but after a while of playing, it just feels spot on.. You can't get much closer than this than real football..
- Online has a lot of options, although ive only played a few games, manager mode is to addicting.. :)
- Commentary, bloody amazing!

:applause:

As far as I'm concerned that cancels out your previous 7 posts in this thread (which were all negative), nice to see you have the character to try the game and admit you like it rather than feeling like you have to back up your first opinions :)

Snoop, how do you feel having a Manc team being a Liverpool fan??

Must be difficult.:lol:

Mancs in general suck, but Man City aren't TOO bad and most Scousers don't mind Man City too much. It's just those cocky bastards United we (and everyone else) don't like.

Just got in from my mates where we had a 4 man league where we played each other twice, I took my projector and my gosh does FIFA look beautiful on a 106" screen. My mates, all PES nuts are now converted and of course I won the tournie, but it was a cracking laugh and we'll be doing it again.

I did that last night with 7 of us

i didnt lose a game :)

Does everybody have the freeze problem on the PS3 version, mine does it while loading the next game in manager mode while your in the Arena?

I have that aswell, 360 version, cant say it bothers me much. Im always just wasting time in there anyway.

Off-topic but I just passed my driving test! The same day I play the CPU on FIFA and score 3 goals past them which is the most I've scored on Pro level! What a day! Woohoo! :D

Congrats, you lucky bastard. The amount of goals you scored is the amount of tests I tried and failed before giving up. :(

Off-topic but I just passed my driving test! The same day I play the CPU on FIFA and score 3 goals past them which is the most I've scored on Pro level! What a day! Woohoo! :D

Well done mate! I really need to pass my test, I failed when I was 17 and haven't tried since. I am 28 now. :(

I tried for 20 minutes FIFA08 on PS3 at MediaWorld, very addictive.
Sad to see some bit of slowdowns sometimes. PS3 has problems so far.
Anyway I definitely going to buy the PS3+FIFA bundle.

I'm 27 and only just doing my tests :)

I am gonna learn automatic to pass quicker I think. My missus has an automatic so I will be able to drive that.

Back on-topic, seeing as it's International Qualifiers time in the real football world, I am gonna create a tournament and play as England I think. Anyone know if there are any achievements for winning a custom league/cup?

I am gonna learn automatic to pass quicker I think. My missus has an automatic so I will be able to drive that.

Back on-topic, seeing as it's International Qualifiers time in the real football world, I am gonna create a tournament and play as England I think. Anyone know if there are any achievements for winning a custom league/cup?

Don't do it, the test that is in Auto...

No I did that, then held down&left to dive to the keeper's bottom right corner (seems a higher percentage of right footed penalties go there in most football games) :)

I am doing the same, but lots of times the keeper misses the ball miraculously with me going in the right (bottom) corner.

Ah well, must have been bad luck.

The thing with penalties is you actually have to time the dive depending on their run up, because you can place the ball with spin or blast the thing.

Played a bunch more friendlies.

Last year with Fifa 07 I felt like I was playing the player. This year Fifa 08 feels like you're playing the ball.

For those that can understand this know what I mean...

The first thing i notice through long periods of playing games is the depth of different reactions. It looks and feel organic.

The second thing i feel is that the contextual shooting is finally right. i haven't been able to get a good sense of kicking the ball at all with the past next gen fifa games but this one is like a breath of fresh air and quite simply like nothing i ever played before.

Almost everything has been polished around this time. fifa 07 had the "engine' but now it's like this 'engine " can finally be played.

I quite literally have never had this much fun, this much tacticfull play since my time with my beloved Gamecube version of winning eleven 6:FE.

Theres not much BAD I can say about it. and I think the bad "for me" at least is purely nitpicking. i do not like the adboards. there should have been real sponsors:( I do not like the fact that there is no global edit for certain ratings(example: if i wanted to lower every goalkeepeeres jumping rating down by 10 I could) and then my last nitpick of their not being anymore stadiums OR weather effects. hopefully THESE visual thing can be added and maybe a few more cutscenes added ALONG with a moveable camera as the tele cam is ONLY good for bigger widescreen tvs and the dynamic is more suited for 4;3...:(

ALL this aside even the bugs that creep in very rarily from time to time(catching up animations weird stops etc) don't deter it from being the best Fifa and arguealby the best soccer game ever made...

Has anyone managed to upload a successful replay on the PS3 version?..Everytime ive tried it, it just says that it couldnt upload properly and tbh its starting to piss me off.. So any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom