FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Played a quick match.

Italy VS France in olypiastadion and it was like last summer!

ahh what memories on the beach watching the world cup and the display of unportsmanlike conduct :)

"I want my swim trunks back nagela!

I want to unlock the PSG third kit but I am 1,000 points short! :(

Do you reckon if this FIFA game had come out with PES 2008 on the cover all the Fanboys would be creaming themselves?

Because I do.

how do the points work, i have 58,000 points or so it says

but when i went to the shop it only let me spend 7,500 on a liverpool away kit and now i have 0 points according to the shop, but online it says my points are 58,000

I think these are for your avatar shop thing.

Anyhoo,here is my first ever goal scored against the cpu,on the 26th of september.

how dificult is it to get point m8?
do u think in a month i can unlock every boot and 3rd kits?

Do what I did mate. Choose Manager Mode in a league that you won't want to play (there are loads, I chose the SPL because it's short, crap and easy to win with Celtic/Rangers.) SIMULATE every match and you'll RACK the points up! It takes about 30 mins to do a whole league, which ain't too bad.

:)

Do you reckon if this FIFA game had come out with PES 2008 on the cover all the Fanboys would be creaming themselves?

Because I do.

I thought this the other day - the fanboys would buy PES whatever. I feel sorry for them because they are getting ripped off.

Had the game just over a day now and still getting used to the different gameplay compared to PES. Definitely love the new FIFA though and compared to the PES demo, it's like the games have swapped places - FIFA is now the serious game with the learning curve and PES is the arcadey, on-rails, pick up and play game.

Had the game just over a day now and still getting used to the different gameplay compared to PES. Definitely love the new FIFA though and compared to the PES demo, it's like the games have swapped places - FIFA is now the serious game with the learning curve and PES is the arcadey, on-rails, pick up and play game.

yeah could not agree more:)

Do what I did mate. Choose Manager Mode in a league that you won't want to play (there are loads, I chose the SPL because it's short, crap and easy to win with Celtic/Rangers.) SIMULATE every match and you'll RACK the points up! It takes about 30 mins to do a whole league, which ain't too bad.

good idea!!
how many points do u get for winning the league?

So sick of playing against the CPU now. I don't know how many games I've played and I have not even once managed to deliver a through ball to my strikers. The defender gets in the way every time.

So sick of playing against the CPU now. I don't know how many games I've played and I have not even once managed to deliver a through ball to my strikers. The defender gets in the way every time.

Have you got the through ball on manual or assissted?????

I use manual through balls and find them realistically effective I suppose, though the CB's can be too good at stopping them at times. But they do work if you use manual and play it at the right strength and angle.

I did this just now played about 10 games won all of them - beat rangers. The board then sacked me!!! what the fuck - thats a big pile of shit!!! they said I had a bad run of results and I couldn't handle it!!!

Is it because I simulated every match?

If not thats a major bug!! I won every game some by 6-0.

I upped all my states with all the money I had before.

watch

my rabona goal in the arena :)

anyone know how to do it properly ?

Why are you playing vs the CPU then? Why not play some real football online, where you actually have to think instead of just learning the CPU behaviour?

Put some more hours into it. After 2 weeks of playing, I'm beggining to master it and it's totally amazing. It requires a lot of work, it's HARd, and the learning curve is high. But at the end, when you feel yourself controlling both sticks and all buttons in a flowing way, then you can play football closer to reality. Much closer than in pes for a fact.

The thing is that people like toaboa simply expect to shoot in every attack, thay don't enjoy simply working the ball in the midfield. I played in barcelona youngsters as a midcenter (guardiola was the leader in the A team and I was a sub in the B team for that age) and enjoy a lot this Fifa, so I guess it might go down to this: if you enjoy watching a real football match (not always Barcelona - Chelsea, but ANY football match, like Auxerre - Lens or Almería - Getafe) you'll feel Fifa is getting closer to it and it's great. In the other hand, if you are one of those that think football is only the champions league highlights reel of the week, then maybe you prefer pes.

I'm enjoying a LOT playing with Peterborough in my manager mode. With some free agents signed in and a little work, my boys are ranking 1st in january, 2 points ahead of Accrington (spelling?). Beware, in 4 years we are winning the Champions!

Some of you show what you expect by simply asking for a "definitive skill" to go past the defender. There must NOT be a definite skill or way to go through defenders. Every attack can develop into different patterns, and that's the great thing about it. Sometimes I simply run because my forward is faster and has retained more energy at tha point (and it works like a charm), sometimes I cut defenses with fast passing (and it works like a charm), sometimes I do high through balls and it's totally AWESOME), sometimes simply crossing from the wings if the center of the defense is crowded, sometimes I do dribble one or two players and shoot, and other times I end up doing a pass to the center of the pitch for a coming midfielder to blast it towards the goal.

So don't stick to one movement on 1 vs 1, that's just killing the game and denying yourself a very big pleasure. Simply note that most of the times you WILL fail. But football is like that. Even barcelona players fail 90 of their attacks. I prefer to have only 6 or 7 shots in a match, knowing that some chances were missed because of MY mistake. In pes, the only thing that decides if I score or not is the balancing scripts. I can shoot in every attack, and simply CPU decides if it goes in or just inches wide. Please...

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:!!!
better post i´ve ever read!!!
that´s how i think mate!!!!
this is football...
variety - frustration - happyness
i don´t care if i pass one full game without create great chances because this happens in real world...
i never try to use the same play all the time!! this is boring and unreallistic...
all point in you post was perfect in my opinion...
it´s like a real simulation to me and is that i´m looking for...

I've played a bit more online and though 9 out of 10 people pick either Barcelona, Milan or Man Utd, it was fun. It just pisses me off having to skip everytime I want to play four or five opponents to get the chance of playing some french, german or lower league english teams.

Anyway, so far I've played nearly 100 matches, 96 to be precise, and I've won 64 (2/3 of the total). I'm ranked 729th I guess (I couldn't care less to be honest).

I've had some great matches tonight, mainly with the smaller teams - Feyenoord (Me) 3 - 2 PSV, Hamburger SV (Me) 3 - 2 Werder Bremen, Fenerbachçe (Me) 2 - 1 Galatasaray.

I've also been scoring a lot. The problem is that I've been crap when it comes to defending, so I'm also conceding some easy goals. Anyway, I've scored 3 goals in 5 matches in a row, which was a lot.

I'm still in love with the game. I'm really enjoying the online modes. :)

Has anyone else had connection problems tonight? I've had about 5 disconnects and my ranking has taken a battering. Also my DNF is showing at 5%. WTF EA sort it out.

Has anyone else had connection problems tonight? I've had about 5 disconnects and my ranking has taken a battering. Also my DNF is showing at 5%. WTF EA sort it out.

Much of the world is seeing alot of rain finally today/ could be the case?...and i'm being serious the whole north has been dry as a

Back
Top Bottom