FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Ok, played the game last night after waiting so long. I won 7 games out of 9 I beleive. I have to say, and this is my humble opinion, the player responsiveness is pathetic. It didn't change from the demo one bit. The game is fun, but the bad player responsiveness kills it for me. I can deal with the other imperfections in this game, but the bad player responsiveness is unforgivable. I have to say that EA has fallen short once more in my book. Player responsiveness is the bread and butter of KONAMI's Winning Eleven games, in that it allows the player to be in complete control and free to execute any movement they wish on the playing field. With that being said, I am quiet disappointed and am now looking forward to PES2008 and hope that it can fulfill my futbol gaming fix for this year. One thing is for sure, PES2008 will not disappoint me in the player responsiveness department.

Peace to the motherland!
:thumbup:

Scripting is indeed the easy way to go jflores if u don't want to learn to play a simulation. I also enjoy pick up and score at will game like pes.

I have to say. I don't know how much more they can improve Fifa 08.

There's lots of little things they can tweak/fix/improve, manager mode can be improved massively, be a pro can also have proper modes for it combining the vast amount of leagues and such, for example be a pro: player manager, you're a 30 year old player and have 5 years to achieve success on and off the pitch before your legs pack up, be a pro: reach for the stars, you're 16 and have until your 23rd birthday to score the winning goal in a European final.......

Still waiting for my copy but after reading people's views etc I do feel EA will have to improve the noticeable differences in players and different teams. FIFA has had this problem for years now and it is something EA should be fixing.

I have a question about the game for the mananager mode,are the clubs that are knwon to have a powerhouse scouting program such as Sporting lisbon.Ajax etc have a good scouting rate when startin manager mode of everybody start at the same level?

Scripting is indeed the easy way to go jflores if u don't want to learn to play a simulation. I also enjoy pick up and score at will game like pes.

No my friend, I have learned to play this simulation type game. In fact, if you'd like, we can have a go tonight and I'll show you how well I play this game despite it's awful player responsivness.

Let me know.

;-)

Still having problems uploading videos (ps3 version) - got it to work a couple of times the other night so i finally managed to upload a goal - quite pleased with it - just looks "real" to me - especially the run in at the back post by the striker and the attempt to reach it by the keeper.

watch

Last edited:

I have a question about the game for the mananager mode,are the clubs that are knwon to have a powerhouse scouting program such as Sporting lisbon.Ajax etc have a good scouting rate when startin manager mode of everybody start at the same level?

Everybody starts at the same level mate. It is up to you how much money you put into the scouting.

How do you get video capture on PS3?

Only works in offline modes.

Press start to pause the game and then go to the instant replay option - when viewing the replay click r3 to choose the start point and then press triangle to upload - you need to have created an account at EA's website first and linked your psn tag to it.

Only works in offline modes.

Press start to pause the game and then go to the instant replay option - when viewing the replay click r3 to choose the start point and then press triangle to upload - you need to have created an account at EA's website first and linked your psn tag to it.

I'am not ps3 owner, only curiosity. Thank you.

Still having problems uploading videos (ps3 version) - got it to work a couple of times the other night so i finally managed to upload a goal - quite pleased with it - just looks "real" to me - especially the run in at the back post by the striker and the attempt to reach it by the keeper.

watch

How did you uplaod the video to youtube - I tried it but it didn't recognise the file. Did you use a programme to convert the FLV file? if so what one?

Cheers.

Ps nice goal by the way.

How did you uplaod the video to youtube - I tried it but it didn't recognise the file. Did you use a programme to convert the FLV file? if so what one?

Cheers.

Ps nice goal by the way.

Cheers - i used youtube downloader (as suggested elsewhere by placebo - thanks for that)

Converts to various formats - that vid is mpeg 4 at optimum quality setting.

Download from http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

well i picked up my copy of fifa yesterday and have been pleasently surprised.. Now considering this is the first Fifa game i have bought since Fifa 2000, i have to admit its probably the best one so far.. Im actually starting to like it bit by bit and its nice to have a challenging game of footie in my hands.. Ive gotta get use to the shootin tho, cos its pretty tough to get use to but otherwise well done EA, finally a good footie game to compete with PES.. And i love the commentary, its bloody fantastic!!

Here's the way I think about the responsiveness - it's slow because you have to wait til the animation has finished. Whereas PES is much better at interupting animations and allowing you to do things instantenously.

Personally, from playing real footie, FIFA isn't that unrealistic. I mean yes, the better athletes can change their body shape quickly to adujst to spin or a deflection, but generally if you've comitted to something, it's not that easy to switch. So when, in FIFA, you try to quickly change direction after telling your player to sprint forward, it does take a second, but then, in PES he can just do it, break his full stride and cut. Maybe Ronaldo and Kaka and such can do that in real life, but for me hte slight lag is realistic. I also use it as time to get an idea about what to do next.

that said there are really annoying times where you just want them to pull the trigger, and they decide to take a touch first. Grrr.

It's genuinely great to see PES fans giving the game a chance amongst the thousands who say "don't make me look at the FIFA box, my eyes will fall out and my penis will turn into a vagina and people will start calling me Blind Fanny and I'll end up overdosing in an alley somewhere dreaming of my Pro Evo as I pass away, THAT'S WHAT FIFA DOES TO PEOPLE, I READ IT ON THE INTERNET".

Not everyone likes it but it's great that people can give an honest opinion on it, "I like this but I don't like this", rather than "oh my god u played fifa ur a gay eight year old lol".

FIFA 08: A Million Served (In Europe)

FIFA 08 Usurping Halo 3 at the top of the British charts was no accident. Case you slept through the tutorial, Europe loves football. Loves it to bits. Certainly loves it more than any unfinished fight. Want proof? FIFA 08 sold a million in Europe in its first week on sale. It helps that the game's available on every format barring the Spectrum, but still, a million sold in Europe in seven days is what Pro Evo's going to need to beat if it wants to walk past FIFA's house with its tongue out making silly, childish noises. Press release follows.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. & GENEVA-(BUSINESS WIRE)-Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today heralds Europe's biggest entertainment launch of the season. EA SPORTS™ FIFA 08 continues to delight fans with over one million units sold at retail across all formats in its first week on European shelves. FIFA 08 is outselling every other popular game offering launched in Europe in the same week, and remains true to its fame as the world's best selling sports franchise.

"This is just the start of what promises to be the most exciting season ever for gamers," said Gerhard Florin, EA Executive Vice President for International Publishing. "FIFA 08 kicks off our holiday line up, which has more fresh titles than ever before including consumer favorites like Need for Speed Pro Street along with original properties like Army of Two, EA Playground, Smarty Pants, Rock Band, Hellgate London, The Orange Box and Crysis. This year there truly is something for everyone."

Anyone here listen to the FIFA 08 podcasts instead of music when scrolling through the menus?

I've only heard the first podcast and it got boring on the second listen.

how do the points work, i have 58,000 points or so it says

but when i went to the shop it only let me spend 7,500 on a liverpool away kit and now i have 0 points according to the shop, but online it says my points are 58,000

You spend them at the EASportsWorld website to create your avatar. Bit shit really, would've been better to spend them in the fan shop.

Back
Top Bottom