FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

How do you score from a corner???
It just never works for me! Eithher the defender gets it (majority of time) or the header goes over.

I found it rewarding in the fact you're made to work an awful lot more to get passes right, and shooting is HARD! So if you do a play where you string together a lot of passes and score (or even get a shot on target!), it's a great feeling :)

:applause: Have to agree with you there, fancy a game later?

Played my first be a pro match earlier was quite fun, accidentally scored with a cross, which was just as well because the rest of my performance wasn't great, got booked and probably should have been sent off for a second yellow later on!

Assuming this link works you can see the highlight of my first be a pro goal, even if it was lucky ;) http://www.easportsworld.com/index_enGB.html#video-118587/EA SPORTS World/36851

haha, how many times have i slagged fifa off maybe once or twice... Yet u go over to the WE thread and continously make negative remarks.. Yer ok, sure... I wanna play a footie game i enjoy whether that be Fifa or PES.. Im getting both anyways and id be more than happy to kick ur ass on either!! :)

:applause: Have to agree with you there, fancy a game later?

Not gonna be home for a few days, Friday night will be the next time I'm online if you want to add my Gamertag :)

Does anyone know if you can change the commands that are assigned to the D-pad. I would like more attacking options on the click of a single button.

Thanx all.

Been playing on pro since i got the game and i can honestly say i think it is brilliant..Pissed of there are no weather conditions,and som:applause:eone said the pitch marks up but i have'nt seen that.is that a fact placebo mate? also i've really enjoyed playing internationals,well done ea sports,just stick to the formular and all will just get better.

The pitch degradation occurs in the winter - it gradually gets worse between each game, it doesn't actually happen DURING the games, if you see what I mean.

The pitch degradation occurs in the winter - it gradually gets worse between each game, it doesn't actually happen DURING the games, if you see what I mean.
Many thanks jack.:applause:I got to be honest,if this game is fecking great....:D

They have said that they are putting dynamic weather in next year and if they iron out a few niggles, it will be the dogs gonnads IMO.

Still loving every minute

dude you guys and many early bloggers;) got this game about 2 weeks ago but for me it feels like over 3!

But yeah it's the 10th and it's tomorrow that i get it.

i won't be on the boards or the internet for awhile after that i'll tell ya that muc any playtime I get will be after i', done with the studio work

Well I hope you enjoy it haha, the long wait will be over :D

While I continue my escapade in taking Saints to the very top! Woooo!

Oct 09th - PS3 version released in HK.

Bought my copy yday, and it crashed 2 times: once on the "HD Gaming" screen, second after choosing teams and it said "Loading... Please wait" in the arena... heard that others had this problem, also.

Also noticed that the PS3 cutscenes are sometimes pretty jerky.

Now, on to the game itself, have to say i am very impressed by the superb graphics. Response times are much better than the demo i played and you CAN tell the difference in ball control between the likes of Brazil and mere mortals. The AI is much better than PES. At least players make runs automatically OR you can send them on runs at your own discretion.

Need to lay off the run button... still finding it hard to position players during headers... any tips... which button to use? Also, how do you use the jockeying feature?

Can anyone recommend a configuration (semi/assisted/manual etc)?

PS3 FIFA 08 in Hong Kong = 320 HKD = approx 20 GBP... must be the best bargain this year!

This game is starting to piss me off. The more I play it, the more I notice the bad response and awkward movement of the players. It's fun up to a point where you try to take your game to the next level. Then it starts to get frustrating. Thats why FIFA still doesn't feel like playing football.

WHY must a player make 2 touches on the ball when I try to play one-touch?! (If I don't press 1 sec ahead). It just ruins the whole rhythm of the game. It's WAY to unresponsive.

While PES usually gets better every game you play it, FIFA just gets worse. FIFA always gives you a good 1st impression, but when you get to know it, it starts to suck big time. When PES 2008 is out, I will sell my copy of FIFA 08.

Back
Top Bottom