FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I am stick with this Game over the last few days and i guess im getting better now and the fun ist coming back with every goal i score. going down to semi profi was the right desicion, now i am learning the basics of this game.

but one thing ist still killing me. i just cant defend on corners against the CPU. They can score at will on corners it seems. I really need some tipps here. How do you guys defend on corners? It seems impossible to switch to the right defender just in time. I am always to late and thats driving me crazy. I am using manuell swich, maybe i should change it? Anyone playing on manuell with the same problem on corners?

Create a custom match, set the DNF to 5% or lower and hope you don't get a 8 year-old twat who plays nothing but Barça as your opponent.

Regrding the lag issues, I haven't played many laggy matches. I had to quit a game yesterday for the first time because it was unplayable. Anyway, you can kind of see if the other guy has a laggy connection when he is choosing his team. If it takes a lot of time or you don't see him going through leagues that might mean the match will be laggy.

Well, that's what I've realized but it's probably just a wrong perception.

Yeah, you can. If you create a ranked session you can set the DNF and skill levels of your opponent. It's just like the quick ranked match apart from the option to set the DNF level to low. :)

Placebo, nice lucky goal, but what was th keeper doing seriosuly, it was bad enough he didnt do anything about he cross, the fact when the ball came closer, he ran more out, and away from the ball :D Haha! What was he thinking.

Well the Kiwis aren't known for their international class keepers ;) I think lanky Crouch scared him off, just glad he didn't get a touch as he was well offside when I crossed :)

Manager Mode is awesome becanes, my favourite aspect of the game. I have only played it online 6 or 7 times, I might have a game in a minute. I BETTER NOT GET A LAGGY MATCH, I really hate it even if it's only slightly laggy.

That's good to hear. I started a Charlton Athletic manager mode and played a handful of games. I signed Joe Cole on a free. I was just testing out the waters. When I get the 360 version today I will probably start my real manager mode with either Portsmouth of Charlton. Not sure yet.

Which PS3 option did you choose mate? :)

I took the Starter Pack with Heavenly Sword and F1 with 60Go+2pads+4 usb+Retro Compatibility for 499€.
Then I sold the 2 games for 60€ and then bought FIFA for 70€

TOTAL = 509€

The light one + FIFA = 469€.

So for 40€+ : I had 20Goplus Hard Drive + 1 pads (50€) (And the optionnal 4usb instead of 2 and retrocompatibility)

I think it's the best solution...I know I count a lot :D

I am stick with this Game over the last few days and i guess im getting better now and the fun ist coming back with every goal i score. going down to semi profi was the right desicion, now i am learning the basics of this game.

but one thing ist still killing me. i just cant defend on corners against the CPU. They can score at will on corners it seems. I really need some tipps here. How do you guys defend on corners? It seems impossible to switch to the right defender just in time. I am always to late and thats driving me crazy. I am using manuell swich, maybe i should change it? Anyone playing on manuell with the same problem on corners?

I use manual switching. What I try to do is switch as soon as the ball is kicked. Usually you will be put on the right person. Then jockey for position. Also, I sometimes take the man closest to the corner and start moving him to the middle of the box. From what I've seen the cross usually goes there. By the time the corner is taken, I am already in position with the selected defender. Hope that helps.

no promotion playoff for english lower division this year? HOW could this happen,I was playing fifa 06 yetherday and theyre was playoff for english lower division at the end of the season in the manager mode why they didnt input it this year...EA is a strange company sometime wow.

Alright guys, I'm getting my copy today for the 360. Hit me up for an online game tonight between 6pm and 11pm Eastern time. Gamertag is Flores06

I will play with what ever team makes it fair for you. However, if the response time is still crap, I rather go with a more powerful team since response times should be better based on the better stats of players.

Notice how quiet Placebo has been since he got the game? :)

I use manual switching. What I try to do is switch as soon as the ball is kicked. Usually you will be put on the right person. Then jockey for position. Also, I sometimes take the man closest to the corner and start moving him to the middle of the box. From what I've seen the cross usually goes there. By the time the corner is taken, I am already in position with the selected defender. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it. Good to know you're playing on manual too and it works for you. So there must be something wrong with the way i am defending on corners.

You say your a gonna jockey for position. Do you use some buttons here, like pushing :l2:? And how do you clear? Shoot, Pass or Cross Button?

I am gonna try to move a man to the middle of the box, maybe it works out for me too.

Thanks again and man this Game is hard work, really.

I took the Starter Pack with Heavenly Sword and F1 with 60Go+2pads+4 usb+Retro Compatibility for 499€.
Then I sold the 2 games for 60€ and then bought FIFA for 70€

TOTAL = 509€

The light one + FIFA = 469€.

So for 40€+ : I had 20Goplus Hard Drive + 1 pads (50€) (And the optionnal 4usb instead of 2 and retrocompatibility)

I think it's the best solution...I know I count a lot :D

Good for you then. I keep waiting for now.

What are your thoughts on the retail after having some time with it? Better than the demo? Think you'll continue liking it? Mini-review/impressions? Leave work mate, post here instead :)

Right, played 3 online games in a row. Only one match was lag-free. Two opponents chose Man United (even though one of them had a LIVERPOOL gamerpic!). The other chose Barcelona. The matches were quite dull with the opposing players just running down the wings and crossing on every attack. I had most of the possession in every match. It isn't my connection because I have 10 meg on Virgin Media cable! Also, I couldn't lower DNF more than 45!?

I HATE FOOTBALL GAMES ONLINE! They just don't feel right. :(

Manager Mode is where it's at for me. :)

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it. Good to know you're playing on manual too and it works for you. So there must be something wrong with the way i am defending on corners.

You say your a gonna jockey for position. Do you use some buttons here, like pushing :l2:? And how do you clear? Shoot, Pass or Cross Button?

I am gonna try to move a man to the middle of the box, maybe it works out for me too.

Thanks again and man this Game is hard work, really.

I just wanted to let you know that it doesn't work all the time. They will still score sometimes which is normal to me. I use L2 to jockey for position.

Right, played 3 online games in a row. Only one match was lag-free. Two opponents chose Man United (even though one of them had a LIVERPOOL gamerpic!).

Fake Scouser. Probably not even a Scouser. Disgusting. :nono:

Better than demo because it's longer and has Sheffield Wednesday ;) I liked how the demo played so can't really judge how the full version is different, I just think it's great, setting aside of course all the typical EA bugs/quirks/empty promises.......

I'm lucky, as a Sheffield Wednesday supporter there are countless good teams I could choose ;)

Although I could never bare to choose Arsenal :)

:applause: Wow, nice one mate!

I will get online now methinks. What do you guys do, create a custom match or go for a quickie? ;)

Should have kept my mouth shut, lol, lost 2 in a row one to flipping Barca on penalties now down to 265. I'm not playing Barca again they are super human and he was laggy as well, he was an Aussie.

Right, played 3 online games in a row. Only one match was lag-free. Two opponents chose Man United (even though one of them had a LIVERPOOL gamerpic!). The other chose Barcelona. The matches were quite dull with the opposing players just running down the wings and crossing on every attack. I had most of the possession in every match. It isn't my connection because I have 10 meg on Virgin Media cable! Also, I couldn't lower DNF more than 45!?

I HATE FOOTBALL GAMES ONLINE! They just don't feel right. :(

Manager Mode is where it's at for me. :)

Ask people to choose smaller teams that way you see the true nature of football and their skills on line. Usually it is better played after midnite when kids go to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom