FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

when does it come out in the states? I thought it was october 10th? I cannot find it at my local walmart or best buy for the xbox 360

how long do we yanks have to wait for this game, I always thought we americans got games before you guys in Europe, I guess FIFA is now doing the same thing PES/WE has been doing to us for years i.e. TORTURE :D

I just picked up my 360 copy at gamestop. Goto Gamestop or EB and you'll find it there.

Sidenote: I was going to trade in my PS3 UK version and they were only going to give me $25 for it. Less than half. What a crock.

I just picked up my 360 copy at gamestop. Goto Gamestop or EB and you'll find it there.

Sidenote: I was going to trade in my PS3 UK version and they were only going to give me $25 for it. Less than half. What a crock.

Can you please confirm if are the same coments as the england version?

i got the game at lunch, at to be honest i cant tell a difference between this and the demo in terms of gameplay(which isnt a bad thing) but i thought i recall jack saying the response is much improved.. then again jack exagerates sometimes :)

i got the game at lunch, at to be honest i cant tell a difference between this and the demo in terms of gameplay(which isnt a bad thing) but i thought i recall jack saying the response is much improved.. then again jack exagerates sometimes :)

you have the usa version? Can you confirm Martin Tyler/Andy Gray in coments??

Last edited:

Im not being funny but your living in dreamland if you thinks PES' deflections are anything like Fifas

Fifas go anywhere

Doesnt hide the fact the game is dull and souless to play though, Pes has many many faults, its still a hell of lot better than Fifa08 though.

Ive given this a chance, and its just leaving me empty. I feel no joy when i score, even though i have worked my balls off for the goal, when it comes its like ok ive scored, sorry this game might be machanically desent, but just find it totaly sterile to play.

I laugh when people talk about the "soul of PES". It's not a person, it's a piece of code for God's sake. It's man-made.

The reason PES feels like it has a "soul" is because the foundation of it is the exact same fucking code that was there ten years ago. FIFA does something new so it's all cold and ghastly to the people who can't move on.

Gomito, play as Barcelona, you'll notice the difference then (if not then you need to put the drugs away for a while). No exaggeration, I wasn't the first to notice it.

FINALLY

FINALLY.jpg

Haha love the fact that they have to put "soccer" on the title!

lol well I was driven insane by FIFA land. the game was just too damn frustrating... and when Bristol City decided their defence was as good as Real Madrids thats when I wasnt too bothered when the disc got shredded by my mates 360.

Ok I've been playing the game for the last 4 hrs.

It's a smooth playing game. And feels just right on good ol "casual gamer" NOVICE ;)

I noticed that the overall feel of the game is more open and that goal scoring feels more user controlled even if still contextual.

Nothing feels like it's on rails so far. In Fifa 07 it was much harder to get a feel of play even in the full version. In the 08 demo it was hard to see how you could build up your game, now with the full version it is clear...it's builds up very well.

Graphically. The players HAVE BEEN thinned out. Viera looks GREAT! And not as bulky as in the demo(Although there is no way to edit weight Jack Bauer:(). Jerseys/kits are smooth looking and not jagged and the cut scenes and penalty kick are lag free:) And Be A pro is fairly decent and a pretty addictive camera angle, but I play on Tele. the color of the game is the same as last years and a bit off from UEFA's but the better lighting is good. I have a hard time seeing nice green grass though its off by a bit BUT World Cup 2006 was the best for the green grass so...
And now for bad...graphically. I thought that there would be actual sponsors on the adboards not the same "need For speed etc" It's just SO repetative looking and actually takes away from the game for me.kinda mad about that actually. do not now why they didn't sort this? This was one of the things i was hoping for and they did not deliver with it and it stinks flat out stinks

that BIG gripe aside. Everything looks wonderful this year.

Other than that. the gameplay. the gameplay is what stands out and it's brilliant. Even IF it has bugs etc i think this is the best Fifa ever and is on par with winning eleven 6:FE.

Last edited:

90% of all the goals i've seen have been headers lol

Ok I've been playing the game for the last 4 hrs.

It's a smooth playing game. And feels just right on good ol "casual gamer" NOVICE ;)

I noticed that the overall feel of the game is more open and that goal scoring feels more user controlled even if still contextual.

Nothing feels like it's on rails so far. In Fifa 07 it was much harder to get a feel of play even in the full version. In the 08 demo it was hard to see how you could build up your game, now with the full version it is clear...it's builds up very well.

Graphically. The players HAVE BEEN thinned out. Viera looks GREAT! And not as bulky as in the demo(Although there is no way to edit weight Jack Bauer:(). Jerseys/kits are smooth looking and not jagged and the cut scenes and penalty kick are lag free:) And Be A pro is fairly decent and a pretty addictive camera angle, but I play on Tele. the color of the game is the same as last years and a bit off from UEFA's but the better lighting is good. I have a hard time seeing nice green grass though its off by a bit BUT World Cup 2006 was the best for the green grass so...
And now for bad...graphically. I thought that there would be actual sponsors on the adboards not the same "need For speed etc" It's just SO repetative looking and actually takes away from the game for me.kinda mad about that actually. do not now why they didn't sort this? This was one of the things i was hoping for and they did not deliver with it and it stinks flat out stinks

that BIG gripe aside. Everything looks wonderful this year.

Other than that. the gameplay. the gameplay is what stands out and it's brilliant. Even IF it has bugs etc i think this is the best Fifa ever and is on par with winning eleven 6:FE.

im very happy to hear this tomba!
gald to hear viera is not incredible hulk anymore, and also that you compare the quality of the game play with WE6FE, which was the third best WE imo.
thanx fro the insights man!

Manual or asisted passing and shooting? :roll:

Is this fisher-price my first football game? :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom