FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

You do realise the passing in PES is assisted, don't you? So by your argument you're the one playing a child's game. Speaking of which, if you don't manage to get yourself banned again Ace Conciousness, please find a forum suitable for your age-group all on your own. If only to show us how grown-up you are.

tricks online are a bit of a non event due to lag and the obvious response issues.

I can pull a few off (without watching the adult channel) but some just dont respond and then you get clattered.

Anyone else feel the same or is it just shit old dave being the FIFA donkey once again?????

That looks ace, wonder if they ship to the UK?

By the way, hope you enjoy the ban

LOL.

I don't know why people have that kind of behavior. I have been playin WE since GOALSTORM, but that didn't make me blind, I can clearly see that in NG FIFA is way ahead of PES, in simulation terms...That is the first time I'll be playing much more FIFA than PES. KONAMI lost the respect for the fans, they are changing tha game to be more suitable to casual gamers, so I can't realize why people keep loving KONAMI that way.
Open your eyes, ppl, FIFA was shit in the old days, but now EA hit the spot, and KONAMI totally lost it...

LOL.

I don't know why people have that kind of behavior. I have been playin WE since GOALSTORM, but that didn't make me blind, I can clearly see that in NG FIFA is way ahead of PES, in simulation terms...That is the first time I'll be playing much more FIFA than PES. KONAMI lost the respect for the fans, they are changing tha game to be more suitable to casual gamers, so I can't realize why people keep loving KONAMI that way.
Open your eyes, ppl, FIFA was shit in the old days, but now EA hit the spot, and KONAMI totally lost it...

co-sign ;)

the flow of the game IS real football. It's thats simple. The denial going on is absolutely nuts. Absolutely mind blowing.

This game just IS football. that's it . It just IS...

just playing a classic, bournemouth v leyton orient, iv'e just equalised in injury time to make it 1-1, really scrappy goal aswell

this game is great, and i can't stop playing it

Will they use the same game engine for the Champions League game? Cos I noticed FIFA 07 and UCL 06/07 to be quite different?

Thing is the champions league game is developed not by EA but HB studios (same ones who have been making the same stinky (but fun) rugby game for years without online......). So i guess they make some visual change.

BTW glad to see most of our American cousins are finally getting hold of the game, hope you will enjoy it as much as most of us are, and I look forward to challenging you online :)

LMAO just started my next league match and Martin Tyler just opened up with a fantastic line of commentary.....

Martin Tyler: Well it's kick of time then, and who knows what will happen, in this glorious unscripted game of football!

He really emphasised the word "unscripted", wonder if it was a deliberate dig at another game? ;)

Played for about five hours today; the game is solid. I still don't think it will top a Juce/kitserver-enhanced pes2008 for my Alienware, but it is, this year, probably going to be my top vote getter for best "open the box and play" footie experience.

Not bad at all. Still some visceral things to work on, but not bad at all.

I laugh when people talk about the "soul of PES". It's not a person, it's a piece of code for God's sake. It's man-made.

The reason PES feels like it has a "soul" is because the foundation of it is the exact same fucking code that was there ten years ago. FIFA does something new so it's all cold and ghastly to the people who can't move on.

In PES you feel you have 100% control of your players. Every little kick on the ball, every little movement is done by ME. Unresponsive players like in FIFA is torture. It's like someone is pulling you from side to side, like someone is holding you back from 100% freedom on the pitch. It's frustrating. And it's getting worse everyday. The more I play FIFA, the more I miss PES.

that's because your brain is pro evo trained, stop pining for pro evo and let fifa take over baby.... yeah!!!

that's because your brain is pro evo trained, stop pining for pro evo and let fifa take over baby.... yeah!!!

I couldn't of put it better myself. I spent a (very drunk) few hours on this last night in manager mode - I had some of the best football matches ever. I can't get over how good this game is.

I have tried. It doesn't work. Most of my friends think the same too. It just isn't responsive enough. The whole game is laggy. Playing 1-touch football is almost impossible, because your players usually take one extra touch even if you pressed the button before the ball reached your player.

Back
Top Bottom