FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

This game is starting to piss me off. The more I play it, the more I notice the bad response and awkward movement of the players. It's fun up to a point where you try to take your game to the next level. Then it starts to get frustrating. Thats why FIFA still doesn't feel like playing football.

WHY must a player make 2 touches on the ball when I try to play one-touch?! (If I don't press 1 sec ahead). It just ruins the whole rhythm of the game. It's WAY to unresponsive.

While PES usually gets better every game you play it, FIFA just gets worse. FIFA always gives you a good 1st impression, but when you get to know it, it starts to suck big time. When PES 2008 is out, I will sell my copy of FIFA 08.

To be fair, you've done nothing but have a go at FIFA right from the beginning, so nothing's changed really :)

To be fair, you've done nothing but have a go at FIFA right from the beginning, so nothing's changed really :)

I've tried to be open minded. I hoped this game would be better than PES has been. I love playing with teams like SK Brann online. The gfx and atmosphere is great, but the gameplay still has a long way to go.

I love playing football both in real life and on computer, and PES gives me the feeling of actually playing the game myself. FIFA looks like football, but it doesn't FEEL like football.

Toa, seems like we're brothers in mind. I agree with all points said.
On the other hand EA has proven they are willing to improve. It's still a long way, though.

Konami is too self confident and ignorant (proud?) to implement major changes. They'll treat wishlists/request as personal offence, instead of seeing that loyal fans just want to improve the game they love.

I m enjoying playing the game online, i really think it shows its best features when you play against a good plater online. I dont win all my games but i enjoy my lost games aswell as the games i win. One thing, at the end of every game online i seem to have to return to the arena< is this the case or am i doing something totally wrong??

Shot cancel is L+R

petersmith5 said:
One thing, at the end of every game online i seem to have to return to the arena< is this the case or am i doing something totally wrong??
That is the case mate.

Hi,
Finally got my copy of FIFA08 on PS3 today with the new price of the Starter Pack.
Just a question for those who have a PS3 : Is the game Multi Language ?
I'm French but I prefer English commentaries
I hope I didn't make a mistake buying this game because all reviews are positives and I'm an unconditionnal PES fan.

@ Yacine,

I wouldnt count on it. Look on the back of the box beforehand. Ive got the dutch version and am stuck with dutch,swedish and spanish as the languages/commentary.

Oh wait, ive got the 360 version. Maybe the bluray discs dont have that problem.

Well for all the moaning I'm sticking with it, I suppose I got used to the scripting in Pes so I just need to come to terms with a different scripting in Fifa. Finished 4th in first season, in Div 2 only 3 straight promoted teams , no play offs, thanks EA... idiots... but got another contract.
Shame the cash is too easy to come by, would have liked more of a struggle. Won one game 6-1 after being a goal down to Brentford, scored three in last 8 Min's as they collapsed. Had five games before that and only managed 1 goal... go figure!
Oh!.. and beat Tranmere on pens in the League cup.. But got hammered 3-0 by Everton in next round.

On 360, B (shoot) and then A (pass) will do a shot fake, and R+L is cancel.

I think that's correct!

I am having an incredible time in Manager Mode - I don't understand how some of you think it's boring?

I am still LOVING this - it's nearly 2 weeks now. As they said in the review on Gamer TV; "This game should keep you playing until the next installment." Well, time will tell but this is definately a GREAT football game in my opinion.

I'm dying to play the game a bit but I have lots of school work to do. :cry:

By the way, I'm now starting to improve my shooting skills. I've managed to score with the feet playing through the center midfield (not through crosses or cutbacks) some times now. I also scored a cracker with Essien about 25 meters away from the goal (:circle: + :r1: = right top corner goal). I guess I was playing against the world's 15th best player. It's a shame I lost 2-1 though. :|

PlanM, how aren't you noticing the flaws in the CPU that we're noticing? I'm glad you're enjoying it so much, but I'm curious that you're so enthusiastic but never seen you say any bad comments? :)

Because he's enjoying the game for what it is, and I also try to do that :)

Sure, it's got errors and flaws, but it's all we got :)

I wish I had your patience. I get annoyed when someone else has a clear advantage over me and I'm getting cheated out of playing the game equally. I admire you guys sticking with it though :)

Because he's enjoying the game for what it is, and I also try to do that :)

Sure, it's got errors and flaws, but it's all we got :)

Because I am a blind fanboy of EA! ;)

In all seriousness, Tim has got it spot-on. I have said in previous posts how I hate the faces' close-up, I hate playing nearly every Premiership matches away at the same stadium and that some of the response times are too slow but these are NIGGLES to me - like I have said a million times, it is so refreshing to have game that looks and plays like REAL footy. Even my MISSUS has commented on how good the game looks/plays. She always used to laugh at me when I stayed up until the early hours playing "that cartoon footy game", but I loved PES 5 and still do today. For the same reasons I guess: this game is fun to me. PES 5 was fun. Also, I am getting cynical in my old age: I just can't watch a footy game on Sky Sports, like Wolves v Sheffield United for example; and then put PES on - it feels ridiculous. :)

I wish I had your patience. I get annoyed when someone else has a clear advantage over me and I'm getting cheated out of playing the game equally. I admire you guys sticking with it though :)
That's why I stopped playing PES - but it's like I said in the demo impressions thread, if I'd been playing FIFA for years I'm sure I'd be switching to PES now because I was sick of the dribbling (or rather lack of it) and the bugs. It works both ways, and it's very hard to stick to something for years on end when you notice the exact same errors every year. I'm hoping that the FIFA series lasts me for another eight years now that I've "switched", so that when I go back to PES again, the faults I've had for the last eight years of PES will be fixed and it will be something new that's fucked up.

Placebo, nice lucky goal, but what was th keeper doing seriosuly, it was bad enough he didnt do anything about he cross, the fact when the ball came closer, he ran more out, and away from the ball :D Haha! What was he thinking.

I am playing the game as its a game tbh, I just keep on playing, ive got a cup game, yesterday was fa cup beat wigan on penalties saving their usual kick down the middle, and then they put one wide so I won, got tottenham in the semi final now for the league cup :D

Since switching my shooting to semi, I have managed to score a few games. I actually won a game in manager mode. :) Now I think today I will trade in the PS3 version for the 360 version and really get into manager mode.

Last edited:

Manager Mode is awesome becanes, my favourite aspect of the game. I have only played it online 6 or 7 times, I might have a game in a minute. I BETTER NOT GET A LAGGY MATCH, I really hate it even if it's only slightly laggy.

I have played almost 80 times online.

I haven't started any career or played anything but friendlies offline.

Clearly opposite here, mate. :D

Me too I'm an online freak lol. Played around 130 games now and am ranked 210 in the world.

Me too I'm an online freak lol. Played around 130 games now and am ranked 210 in the world.

:applause: Wow, nice one mate!

I will get online now methinks. What do you guys do, create a custom match or go for a quickie? ;)

Back
Top Bottom