FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Are manual settings rewarding?

I found it rewarding in the fact you're made to work an awful lot more to get passes right, and shooting is HARD! So if you do a play where you string together a lot of passes and score (or even get a shot on target!), it's a great feeling :)

I'm still struggling to score (not from headers or cutbacks) with the shooting on semi-assisted, so there's no way I'll be playing with the shooting on manual anytime soon. :|

I've played the game for a bit more than a week and I'm pretty sure I haven't touched the single player modes for about 6 or 7 days. I've played lots of online matches, about 60 I think, and it's really fun. Yesterday I was playing as Arsenal against a guy (Milan) and scored a cracker with van Persie. Walcott crossed the ball from the right, the ball took a slight deflection on one of Milan's defenders and van Persie had to stretch his leg a lot to hit it and score an overhead kick. It was not only my first overhead kick but also probably the best goal I've scored, along with a cracker by Scholes from outside the box against Milan on Friday. It's a shame my router got crazy yesterday in the beginning of the second half and I got disconnected from the game for the first time (DNF=1%... :cry:).

I love this game. :)

Last edited:

I found it rewarding in the fact you're made to work an awful lot more to get passes right, and shooting is HARD! So if you do a play where you string together a lot of passes and score (or even get a shot on target!), it's a great feeling :)

Ok. So, is it hard but intelligent, or is it hard because of its bad programmed?
In other words, I mean, when you got mad to shoot (i.e.) the goal you feel why you'r wrong and how you can improve, or not?

Last edited:

Ok. So, is it hard but intelligent, or is it hard because of its bad programmed?
In other words, I mean, when you got mad to shoot (i.e.) the goal you feel why you'r wrong and how you can improve, or not?

A bit of both. It's rewarding because you know you passed to the players you wanted to, in the right direction, and the right power of kick to pass it. Shooting is moreso a bit of both. Even on assisted passing/shooting, it's still hard to get a shot on goal/score. So to work your way to have a shot is great.

I feel manual shooting is REALLY hard and the control stick is VERY sensitive about where you aim. VERY slight adjustments with the left stick can affect the shot a lot. Even getting a shot on goal, the keepers are pretty good most of the time and can save shots well.

So playing passes and scoring all on manual ... well, you feel special :) And you should, because the game is hard enough already! :)

I think its a mixture of both.

There is no doubt that the lack of graduation between the skill levels has an effect on the enjoyment in general.

I am ok on semi pro but shit on pro, its not my game its the CPU
that plays completely different whereas it should be a slight change.

Still a great game for me regardless:8):

I think its a mixture of both.

There is no doubt that the lack of graduation between the skill levels has an effect on the enjoyment in general.

I am ok on semi pro but shit on pro, its not my game its the CPU
that plays completely different whereas it should be a slight change.

Still a great game for me regardless:8):

You playing the single player again Dr? Or just online?

@Placebo...
m8 im waiting on your review..
also is singapure 360s NTSC?? is that why u also got the 9/10 release date?

Well I only played one match so far, I played Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield Utd on Amateur and it took extra time before I scored the winner, tough game which is good, I'll get better of course :)

And Singapore is NTSC Asia version, NTSC-J.

How are you finding the difference between the demo and retail Placebo? Even during one game?

How are you finding the difference between the demo and retail Placebo? Even during one game?

Well the fact the demo's on semi-pro and I played on amateur makes for an unfair comparison really, I think for my next game I'll recreate a demo matchup, Man Utd v NY Redbulls on semi pro and see what it's like :)

I created lots of chances in my Sheff Utd match but the shooting was very wayward (I had everything on manual 1st half, 2nd half I put some stuff on semi).

LOL! Do you want my other copy?

Well I dont have another copy, but I could go and get another if I wanted :P

Haha sorry couldnt resist, you dont have to wait much longer do you, isnt it the tenth that it comes out, so tomorrow?

dude you guys and many early bloggers;) got this game about 2 weeks ago but for me it feels like over 3!

But yeah it's the 10th and it's tomorrow that i get it.

i won't be on the boards or the internet for awhile after that i'll tell ya that muc any playtime I get will be after i', done with the studio work

Playnig both matey and loving every minute............you??

Pretty much gave up on single player. Just lost the fun factor for me, every game feels like a chore and not enjoyable. I find myself getting too annoyed at the system and get real angry when the CPU scores off something which wasn't down to me. Not good for my blood pressure :)

Online is great, but haven't played much online these last few days with me downloading off the internet.

Well the fact the demo's on semi-pro and I played on amateur makes for an unfair comparison really, I think for my next game I'll recreate a demo matchup, Man Utd v NY Redbulls on semi pro and see what it's like :)

I created lots of chances in my Sheff Utd match but the shooting was very wayward (I had everything on manual 1st half, 2nd half I put some stuff on semi).

Great Pic! YOU KNOW I'm going to post my mug with copy as well!

So is amateur easier to manuever in? i found semi pro you have to work ALOT

Yeah I found more time and space, and considering the players I controlled were quite poor, 60-65 rated mostly.

One annoying thing, the profile I was using earlier has vanished, lost the roster update I'd downloaded, lost the two transfers I did myself, lost the custom formation I created, anyone else had this happen? Of course I made sure I saved before I turned off the 360 but I still lost it :(

Yeah I found more time and space, and considering the players I controlled were quite poor, 60-65 rated mostly.

One annoying thing, the profile I was using earlier has vanished, lost the roster update I'd downloaded, lost the two transfers I did myself, lost the custom formation I created, anyone else had this happen? Of course I made sure I saved before I turned off the 360 but I still lost it :(

Do you keep Rholandino as your default arena guy?

I've been playing with everything on manual. It's hard to score goal though. I can get some shots but haven't really found the back of the net. I think I am going to put shooting on semi and see what happens.

I haven't changed that, but this isn't the roster download issue, this is my whole saved profile, settings, transfers, player edits, formations, match stats being whiped completely

I've been playing with everything on manual. It's hard to score goal though. I can get some shots but haven't really found the back of the net. I think I am going to put shooting on semi and see what happens.

I could not hit the net on manual, struggling on semi to score consistently, still in PES mode I think, where just looking at the button sends the ball sailing over the stand..

Just played my first online match, Leeds Utd v me as Sheffield Wednesday, lost 1-0 and the guy pretty much outplayed me, so pretty realistic there ;)

I've called everywhere and everywhere says the same thing"Today is the ship date" It's be out tommorrow"(in whiny voice nananana

I've called everywhere and everywhere says the same thing"Today is the ship date" It's be out tommorrow"(in whiny voice nananana

Yeah, I had all of that when I tried getting it early. Bet you don't sleep tonight! :)

It's identical, full version has only 6 teams and you can only play half a match for 4 minutes, you should stick with PES.

wow i ask for an honest answer, and u give me a childish answer like that... Well done! :applause:

ricky, FIFA 08 is VERY different from the demo. It flows better, isn't as difficult and looks/sounds better. :)

Just a quick one cos i cant find it in these pages... If i update a player in my database with extra skils etc does those skills come online in matches with him in ????

ricky, FIFA 08 is VERY different from the demo. It flows better, isn't as difficult and looks/sounds better. :)

alright thanks man, gd to hear.. Most prob gonna go pick it up tomz after trading RFOM (Game's got old)..

For anybody that uses manual cross assistance and lob passing, do you find online that your crosses go off at weird angles? I don't have a problem with crosses offline but when I'm online it's hit or miss whether they go anywhere near where I'm aiming, sometimes going way behind the goals when I'm pushing directly up or down into the box. It's very annoying to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom